Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Baseball on-screen score

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Baseball on-screen score Empty Baseball on-screen score

Post by blondy28 Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 pm

I don't know how they manage to do this every year....and every channel does it...but in their quest to "improve" the on-screen score/inning/count/on-base marquis, they significantly downgrade it.  This year it's particularly bad.  Why couldn't they just leave well enough alone.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Baseball on-screen score Empty Re: Baseball on-screen score

Post by alohafri Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:45 pm

blondy28 wrote:I don't know how they manage to do this every year....and every channel does it...but in their quest to "improve" the on-screen score/inning/count/on-base marquis, they significantly downgrade it.  This year it's particularly bad.  Why couldn't they just leave well enough alone.

Mark this date down in history. Blondy and I agree 100% on something!   cheers cheers cheers cheers

The new marquis is frigging awful.
    Nomads44
    Nomads44
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Nomads44 Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:13 am

Me, too.  I have trouble finding inning and outs at a quick glance.  If I look hard enough and get close enough I can usually find it, but at a normal viewing distance for movies and the game, it is often too small for this old man to read.  And it does not seem standard.  With all the different channels, I have not determined if it is the same display by team from channel to channel, or if the telecast site determines the format.  They are trying to keep up with Microsoft/Apple.  In improving one thing, too often they end up negatively impacting things that were just fine for a significant number of its users.  Same with Baseball Rules Committee.  Where is the team error that has been clamored for for 30 years or more.  Instead of adding that, they want to screw up extra innings with some radical idea.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:48 pm

I keep thinking the number of pitches the Sox pitcher throws actually represents the number of runs that have been scored against him. It's confusing.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am

cream919 wrote:I keep thinking the number of pitches the Sox pitcher throws actually represents the number of runs that have been scored against him. It's confusing.
     You know, the numbers might be the same!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am