Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

You know...

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

You know... Empty You know...

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:21 am

I kinda think it's time to blow this team up. The manager has no fire, the players are made of glass, the third base coach sends guys home like everyone is Rickey Henderson, the trainers seem to have as much medical training as I do, the owner has this odd sense of loyalty where he feels the need to give anyone who used to play for him a job, the GM wouldn't know baseball talent if Roberto Clemente was standing in front of him.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

You know... Empty Re: You know...

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:36 am

Honestly, Kevin, I'd be fine seeing a full revamp.  There are very few I see as worthy of not really letting go.  If I were to have to list who to protect on this team, I'd say Cease and Kopech and would LOVE to see them keep Cueto around for another year or two just because he's a workhorse who can pretty much always give you 6-8 innings in a start.  

In the pen, I'd keep Lopez and Lambert and then anyone else is worth moving for the right deal.  

Positionally, who's worth keeping, really?  Nobody can stay healthy except Abreu.  I'd keep Vaughn, obviously, as his replacement and keep Abreu around as a DH and sometimes 1B.  Robert can't fart without pulling a groin or a hammy.  Eloy can't blink without getting hurt.  Same with Tim Anderson.  Moncada sucks except on defense and the rest of this team is scrubs.  

Where does that leave them?  Cease, Kopech, Lambert, Vaughn, Abreu and then I don't really give a fuck about the rest of them.  Trade them for new parts.  Bring in some youth that will try hard and hustle on occasion.  Kopech is pretty frustrating, but at least he appears to have some competitive fire and takes his job seriously.  Same goes for Lynn, even though he's clearly losing whatever he once had.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:40 am

A few years ago, locking up "most likely" superstars was kind of the rage. I think with this team, it blew up in their faces. These guys got their big contracts and seemed to have lost the incentive to perform, injuries aside. Although, sometimes I wonder if the injuries are caused by not properly keeping themselves in baseball shape. That could also be partially blamed on an inept training staff as well.

We seem to have regressed to a modified version of Team Drudgery: Singles Edition. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 pm

alohafri wrote:A few years ago, locking up "most likely" superstars was kind of the rage. I think with this team, it blew up in their faces. These guys got their big contracts and seemed to have lost the incentive to perform, injuries aside. Although, sometimes I wonder if the injuries are caused by not properly keeping themselves in baseball shape. That could also be partially blamed on an inept training staff as well.

We seem to have regressed to a modified version of Team Drudgery: Singles Edition. 

I think they lost their way and fell into bad habits. They had this plan to rebuild "the right way" and started off strong - got Eloy and Cease, Lopez Kopech, giolito, Madrigal Vaughn and were heading in the right direction - then they had a good season - and the wheels went off the rail and the "win now" attitude once again took over - Got rid of Madrigal for horseshit - got Lynn - fat pitcher who will be forever on the DL - Signed a guy who hits worse than I would to catch - and he can't do that - and started to win now ..which they were never good enough to do.   

Put anderson in LF and tell him he's the new rickey henderson. Keep Roberts, Vaughn in right - Need Sheetz b/c nobody else hits left handed - say good bye to Eloy 
    Keep Moncada at 3b - Andrus at SS (unless they have someone in the pipeline)- get a 2b and keep harrison as utility - keep Abreu - garcia can go but he won't, he has pictures on someone.  dFA Grandal - can't stand his playing and find a good catcher even if he hits .250 .  I'm actually ok with the pitching staff - I think with better defense and more experience, they can be good enough 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:23 am

sharpy wrote:
    alohafri wrote:A few years ago, locking up "most likely" superstars was kind of the rage. I think with this team, it blew up in their faces. These guys got their big contracts and seemed to have lost the incentive to perform, injuries aside. Although, sometimes I wonder if the injuries are caused by not properly keeping themselves in baseball shape. That could also be partially blamed on an inept training staff as well.

I think they lost their way and fell into bad habits. They had this plan to rebuild "the right way" and started off strong - got Eloy and Cease, Lopez Kopech, giolito, Madrigal Vaughn and were heading in the right direction - then they had a good season - and the wheels went off the rail and the "win now" attitude once again took over - Got rid of Madrigal for horseshit - got Lynn - fat pitcher who will be forever on the DL - Signed a guy who hits worse than I would to catch - and he can't do that - and started to win now ..which they were never good enough to do.   

Put anderson in LF and tell him he's the new rickey henderson. Keep Roberts, Vaughn in right - Need Sheetz b/c nobody else hits left handed - say good bye to Eloy 
    Keep Moncada at 3b - Andrus at SS (unless they have someone in the pipeline)- get a 2b and keep harrison as utility - keep Abreu - garcia can go but he won't, he has pictures on someone.  dFA Grandal - can't stand his playing and find a good catcher even if he hits .250 .  I'm actually ok with the pitching staff - I think with better defense and more experience, they can be good enough 

Grandal makes me crazy.  I've never seen a catcher drop so many actual strikes.  WTF is his problem?

Vaughn in RF is a major problem.  He's awful and slow out there.  I can't watch that.  Maybe Sheets in RF and DH Vaughn until Abreu is gone.  Sheets ain't so hot out there, either, but looks better than Vaughn.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Vaughn in RF is a major problem.  He's awful and slow out there.  I can't watch that.  Maybe Sheets in RF and DH Vaughn until Abreu is gone.  Sheets ain't so hot out there, either, but looks better than Vaughn.

I have no comeback for that argument.  Neither one of them has an arm to play RF, but then again, I think the ability to throw a ball from the outfield has gone the way of the singles hitter.  Over the past 5-10 years, it is amazing how many outfielders, the majority of them, can't hit the pitchers mound from medium deep right field. Or their throw homes are even in the vicinity of home plate, let alone make the play close.  I swear, whenever I see a catcher miss a good throw from the OF its be/c he's shocked it is actually near the plate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:11 pm