Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Taylor Hawkins

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Taylor Hawkins Empty Taylor Hawkins

Post by blondy28 Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:48 am

Gone at 50.  Far too soon.  RIP.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Taylor Hawkins Empty Re: Taylor Hawkins

Post by sharpy Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:49 am

Have they determined yet the cause of death?  I know he had a bunch of substances in his system, but hadn't heard that any were the cause of death.  Have you heard? 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:26 am

sharpy wrote:Have they determined yet the cause of death?  I know he had a bunch of substances in his system, but hadn't heard that any were the cause of death.  Have you heard? 

Nope.  I'd expect we'll hear soon.  Since he was complaining of chest pains to the hotel staff, I'd think that rules out anything fentanyl related since that's rather fast acting.  And he did have a bunch of substances, many/most that I have in my system everyday, and the warnings from docs on that are generally don't take them too close together, especially near bedtime, because they could cause your heart to slow/stop when you're asleep.  He was up and walking around.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:06 pm

it's a pretty sad story, and I'm kind of dreading hearing what the cause of death was.  He played a nice and somewhat prominent role and gave some interviews in the Netflix documentary about drummers called "Count Me In."  Might be on Amazon or Hulu.  Can't remember, but it's a great doc and only 80 mins long and worth watching.  

Read something recently on Twitter about how he and Grohl used to frequent a Guitar Center near where they did a lot of recording.  They'd go buy sticks and picks and little shit there and chat with the owner.  Hawkins would always end up in the drum section of the store and always ended up buying drumsets for any kids in there looking at drums.  He was that kind of dude.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:13 pm

According to Howard Stern show, (can't remember if it was Howard or Robyn who said it), it was known that he had a large heart.

SoxIlliniRob likes this post

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:50 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:it's a pretty sad story, and I'm kind of dreading hearing what the cause of death was.  He played a nice and somewhat prominent role and gave some interviews in the Netflix documentary about drummers called "Count Me In."  Might be on Amazon or Hulu.  Can't remember, but it's a great doc and only 80 mins long and worth watching.  

Read something recently on Twitter about how he and Grohl used to frequent a Guitar Center near where they did a lot of recording.  They'd go buy sticks and picks and little shit there and chat with the owner.  Hawkins would always end up in the drum section of the store and always ended up buying drumsets for any kids in there looking at drums.  He was that kind of dude.

It's on Netflix.  I'll check it out.

Yeah, the comments about him remind me of when Bob Saget passed.  Everyone just loved him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:27 pm