Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Arbery Murder

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Arbery Murder  Empty Arbery Murder

Post by blondy28 Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:22 am

The prosecutor in this case is putting on a CLINIC on how to prosecute a case.  Her closing is spot on!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Arbery Murder  Empty Re: Arbery Murder

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 am

blondy28 wrote:The prosecutor in this case is putting on a CLINIC on how to prosecute a case.  Her closing is spot on!

I'm just worried about a holdout on the jury that hangs the damn thing in a mistrial.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:25 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:The prosecutor in this case is putting on a CLINIC on how to prosecute a case.  Her closing is spot on!

I'm just worried about a holdout on the jury that hangs the damn thing in a mistrial.

There's one in every crowd. Hopefully not in every jury.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:29 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Based on what the jury has asked to review (if you can gleen anything from it), the jury may have given credence to the citizen's arrest argument, so now I'm thinking a hung jury holdout might be a good thing.  

Some have questioned the prosecutor's decision not to make race more of an issue, but the defense attorneys are sure blowing dog whistles.  What's the point of saying Arbery wasn't wearing socks to cover his long dirty toenails?  WTF?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Based on what the jury has asked to review (if you can gleen anything from it), the jury may have given credence to the citizen's arrest argument, so now I'm thinking a hung jury holdout might be a good thing.  

Some have questioned the prosecutor's decision not to make race more of an issue, but the defense attorneys are sure blowing dog whistles.  What's the point of saying Arbery wasn't wearing socks to cover his long dirty toenails?  WTF?

Appears they asked for the video and 911 call likely in considering the verdicts for the 2 non-shooters.  All 3 Deliverance looking mother fuckers are going to be spending a good long time in prison.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:50 pm

blondy28 wrote:

I believe this was a very bad attempt at painting Arbery as NOT a jogger, since a jogger would not be wearing Khaki shorts and would likely have socks on his feet.  Running with long toenails would be a problem, too.  I know this from playing racquetball with toenails that occasionally get too long.  It came off as something racist, but I inferred something different.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

I believe this was a very bad attempt at painting Arbery as NOT a jogger, since a jogger would not be wearing Khaki shorts and would likely have socks on his feet.  Running with long toenails would be a problem, too.  I know this from playing racquetball with toenails that occasionally get too long.  It came off as something racist, but I inferred something different.

How the fuck would anyone know how long his toenails were if he had shoes on? And Rob, that's just WAY too much information for me.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

How the fuck would anyone know how long his toenails were if he had shoes on? And Rob, that's just WAY too much information for me.

I would imagine she knew about the victim's toenails because it's probably noted in the autopsy report.  

I didn't mean to give too much info.  I'm just saying you need to keep them short if you like to participate in athletic activities, otherwise it becomes problematic.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:13 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Alex ran cross country and track from 6th grade through sophomore year in college, and Dale yelled at him no less than once every two weeks about how long his toe nails were.  But "dirty"?  What's the point of that?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:12 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Alex ran cross country and track from 6th grade through sophomore year in college, and Dale yelled at him no less than once every two weeks about how long his toe nails were.  But "dirty"?  What's the point of that?

The "dirty" part was some of the weirdest shit I have ever heard.  I have no idea what the motivations were.  Racism?  Trying to paint him as not a jogger?  Beats the shit out of me, but I suspect even the true racist types who heard that were like "WTF?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 am