Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Congressional Map

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Congressional Map Empty Congressional Map

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:24 am

In the first proposed map, I would have been in Raja's district, and in the current one, they cut out all the northern part of the 6th, so now I'm in Mike Quigley's district.  Rob, I don't think Lauren Underwood serves your area anymore if this ends up the final version.  Where are you?  Looks like St. Charles is either 7, 3, or 8.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Congressional Map Empty Re: Congressional Map

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am

I don't pay a lot of attention to these maps.  I'm in the very far western parts of St. Charles.  I live very near the intersection of Rt 64 and Rt. 47.  I hate this gerrymandering shit.  But for as much as I hate it, I wish that they'd recreate the districts to push out any and all GOP reps.  Find a way to spread the dem voters everywhere so that every districts is blue.  I only want this because I would like to see people get fed up and demand a better system.  States like PA have almost no dem representation, even though they are generally a blue majority state in most elections.  Obviously the state elections matter, but this is the most fucked up and undemocratic system and I'm just done with it and not having it anymore.  Blow it all up.  Take advantage of it to the point of it being disgusting.  I don't care.  They'll do the same in TX and PA and GA so I say just come to the knife fight but bring a gun instead.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't pay a lot of attention to these maps.  I'm in the very far western parts of St. Charles.  I live very near the intersection of Rt 64 and Rt. 47.  I hate this gerrymandering shit.  But for as much as I hate it, I wish that they'd recreate the districts to push out any and all GOP reps.  Find a way to spread the dem voters everywhere so that every districts is blue.  I only want this because I would like to see people get fed up and demand a better system.  States like PA have almost no dem representation, even though they are generally a blue majority state in most elections.  Obviously the state elections matter, but this is the most fucked up and undemocratic system and I'm just done with it and not having it anymore.  Blow it all up.  Take advantage of it to the point of it being disgusting.  I don't care.  They'll do the same in TX and PA and GA so I say just come to the knife fight but bring a gun instead.

Totally agree.  Not only is there gerrymandering, but also manipulating the census.  When I look at the new district 5, it extends through Inverness and Barrington...both heavily red.  I think the other burbs are about 50/50.  I know Palatine is.  But the new district 5 goes all the way into Chicago.  East Village, Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Bucktown, etc. etc. etc.  That's where the dems pick up enough votes to cancel the Inverness and Barrington votes.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:41 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't pay a lot of attention to these maps.  I'm in the very far western parts of St. Charles.  I live very near the intersection of Rt 64 and Rt. 47.  I hate this gerrymandering shit.  But for as much as I hate it, I wish that they'd recreate the districts to push out any and all GOP reps.  Find a way to spread the dem voters everywhere so that every districts is blue.  I only want this because I would like to see people get fed up and demand a better system.  States like PA have almost no dem representation, even though they are generally a blue majority state in most elections.  Obviously the state elections matter, but this is the most fucked up and undemocratic system and I'm just done with it and not having it anymore.  Blow it all up.  Take advantage of it to the point of it being disgusting.  I don't care.  They'll do the same in TX and PA and GA so I say just come to the knife fight but bring a gun instead.

Totally agree.  Not only is there gerrymandering, but also manipulating the census.  When I look at the new district 5, it extends through Inverness and Barrington...both heavily red.  I think the other burbs are about 50/50.  I know Palatine is.  But the new district 5 goes all the way into Chicago.  East Village, Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Bucktown, etc. etc. etc.  That's where the dems pick up enough votes to cancel the Inverness and Barrington votes.

Now think of what happens when the GOP wins the House - the Jan 6 investigation is cancelled, nobody is gong to jail, nothing a democratic president of congressman wants will be done, and if they win the presidency in 2024, which is then a done deal b/c if they lose the vote, the House will not certify the election anyway, and the US is over ... even Kevin won't want to study that presidential political history 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:26 am