Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Conquerors!

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Conquerors! Empty Conquerors!

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:40 am

The great American League Central Division has been conquered!
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Conquerors! Empty Re: Conquerors!

Post by telefrank Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:26 am

It would appear the excitement over here is quite ahem, minimal.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:40 pm

telefrank wrote:It would appear the excitement over here is quite ahem, minimal.

I'm happy, but if they are out in the first round, the season was a failure in my opinion. Nothing short of an appearance in the ALCS would make this year a success. Hence, my lack of excitement. The Central is so bad, the Sox should have won. As bad as they have played in the past couple of weeks, it's like they backed into the division title. When is the last time the Sox won three in a row? Hell, two in a row?
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:19 pm

alohafri wrote:
    telefrank wrote:It would appear the excitement over here is quite ahem, minimal.

I'm happy, but if they are out in the first round, the season was a failure in my opinion. Nothing short of an appearance in the ALCS would make this year a success. Hence, my lack of excitement. The Central is so bad, the Sox should have won. As bad as they have played in the past couple of weeks, it's like they backed into the division title. When is the last time the Sox won three in a row? Hell, two in a row?
    Then what has to enter into the discussion (ignoring IL stints) the plan of tLR resting his players knowing he had the lead. Steve Stone early in the season "Tony is playing these players (not the top guys) because he knows that when it comes time for playoffs, you don't want to put a guy in who has only played in 20 or so games."
    That is one side of the argument. Tony has been really diligent about resting his stars (even Abroad- his rest is DHing) and it seems to be working. 
    Stone also mentioned last week when people were complaining about Sox not stealing, going all out on bases that we were not going to see anybody stealing or going for extra base. Said Tony said he didn't want his base stealers injured before playoffs. Interesting to note -the other day, not quite sure which one-that if Mons
    I was not a fan of the LaRussa hiring, nut have too say he has done a pretty good job-perhaps except for Kimbrel.
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:20 pm

FMB1432 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Then what has to enter into the discussion (ignoring IL stints) the plan of tLR resting his players knowing he had the lead. Steve Stone early in the season "Tony is playing these players (not the top guys) because he knows that when it comes time for playoffs, you don't want to put a guy in who has only played in 20 or so games."
    That is one side of the argument. Tony has been really diligent about resting his stars (even Abroad- his rest is DHing) and it seems to be working. 
    Stone also mentioned last week when people were complaining about Sox not stealing, going all out on bases that we were not going to see anybody stealing or going for extra base. Said Tony said he didn't want his base stealers injured before playoffs. Interesting to note -the other day, not quite sure which one-that if Mons
    I was not a fan of the LaRussa hiring, nut have too say he has done a pretty good job-perhaps except for Kimbrel.
    Abreau not Abroad-damn auto correct!
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:23 pm

FMB1432 wrote:
    FMB1432 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Abreau not Abroad-damn auto correct!
    Don't know what's going on. Tried to say (did, but it didn't print) that if Moncada had followed that plan, he would have scored on next batter's hit instead of making the first out at third trying to stretch a double.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:57 pm

alohafri wrote:

Regarding post-season play, baseball has joined all the other sports.  Reaching post-season play is a modest accomplishment, something to be happy about but hardly something to celebrate or brag about.  Let's see how they do when games actually matter.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:15 pm

jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Regarding post-season play, baseball has joined all the other sports.  Reaching post-season play is a modest accomplishment, something to be happy about but hardly something to celebrate or brag about.  Let's see how they do when games actually matter.
     Same thoughts, Jay.  The days of having a big bash to celebrate reaching the playoffs is mostly gone.  MLB playoffs are like the NCAA tourney now.  You're just trying to gain entry to the tourney.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:34 pm