Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

I fucking hate statheads

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

I fucking hate statheads Empty I fucking hate statheads

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:48 pm

That's the post. Batting averages don't matter. Strikeouts don't matter. Wins for pitchers don't matter. ERA doesn't matter. Fuck you and the horse your rode in on.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

I fucking hate statheads Empty Re: I fucking hate statheads

Post by sharpy Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:26 pm

Yea, i was in one of those Facebooks arguments about pitching wins... was told thats not important - needless to say, since the object of the exercise is to WIN, I'll stay with the guy with the most W's
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:01 am

sharpy wrote:Yea, i was in one of those Facebooks arguments about pitching wins... was told thats not important - needless to say, since the object of the exercise is to WIN, I'll stay with the guy with the most W's

I was told that my standards are too high because I was disappointed in Yasmani when his batting average was a robust .136. These idiots would trade someone like Tony Gwynn for someone like Kevin Youklis.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:59 am

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Yea, i was in one of those Facebooks arguments about pitching wins... was told thats not important - needless to say, since the object of the exercise is to WIN, I'll stay with the guy with the most W's

I was told that my standards are too high because I was disappointed in Yasmani when his batting average was a robust .136. These idiots would trade someone like Tony Gwynn for someone like Kevin Youklis.
    Believe it or not, I remember hearing some radio sports jock actually who wondered if a guy like Wade Boggs would make it in today's game.  His radio partner called him on it and he backed down a little saying, "yeah, I guess he'd make it but you'd probably wouldn't hear much about him.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:56 am

jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Believe it or not, I remember hearing some radio sports jock actually who wondered if a guy like Wade Boggs would make it in today's game.  His radio partner called him on it and he backed down a little saying, "yeah, I guess he'd make it but you'd probably wouldn't hear much about him.

He'd make it, but as a bit of an afterthought.  You'd hear about him, but his kind of ability might not translate into being considered a superstar in today's game.  He'd be a quality hitter and touted as little more than that.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:57 am

jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'd take Boggs over Grandal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:34 am