Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Reality or Battered white sox syndrome

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Reality or Battered white sox syndrome Empty Reality or Battered white sox syndrome

Post by sharpy Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:59 pm

i know the Sox lead the AL in just about every starting pitcher category, but does anyone here really have any confidence in this starting staff going into the playoff?   Lynn?  yea, I believe he is good.  The rest- giolito, kuechel, cease, Rodon... never really know what you are going to get, and now Rodon is on IL ... tbh, i feel most confident in Cease - who consistently gives you 6 innings or so and gives up 3 runs. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Reality or Battered white sox syndrome Empty Re: Reality or Battered white sox syndrome

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:51 pm

sharpy wrote:i know the Sox lead the AL in just about every starting pitcher category, but does anyone here really have any confidence in this starting staff going into the playoff?   Lynn?  yea, I believe he is good.  The rest- giolito, kuechel, cease, Rodon... never really know what you are going to get, and now Rodon is on IL ... tbh, i feel most confident in Cease - who consistently gives you 6 innings or so and gives up 3 runs. 

Sounds like you're saying this rotation is like a box of chocolates.  Cease is almost always 3 runs in 5 or 6 innings against a decent team, or 0 or 1 run in 7 inns against a terrible team.  Kuechel is usually ok for 5 inns and then you just wonder if they're going to take him out before or after the implosion.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:46 pm