Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

And not to just beat up the far right's message machine...

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

And not to just beat up the far right's message machine... Empty And not to just beat up the far right's message machine...

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:30 pm

"BLACK LIVES MATTER!" "DEFUND THE POLICE!"

The first one can be solved with just a short three letter word..."too". 

And how about "REFORM" the police? Defund, take money away. Is that really a good message to send?

The dingbats on the far left could learn a lesson or two about propaganda from the dingbats on the right.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

And not to just beat up the far right's message machine... Empty Re: And not to just beat up the far right's message machine...

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:46 pm

alohafri wrote:"BLACK LIVES MATTER!" "DEFUND THE POLICE!"

And how about "REFORM" the police? Defund, take money away. Is that really a good message to send?

The dingbats on the far left could learn a lesson or two about propaganda from the dingbats on the right.

Defund the Police was political suicide from the start.  I can't believe ANYONE thought that was a good idea.  

I don't fully agree on the BLM thing.  Granted, putting "too" would have helped, but it shouldn't really be necessary.  If I say "Let's end breast cancer" I assume you're not going to protest my stance on behalf of other cancers.  if I say to Save the Whales, it might seem silly to state that other fish deserve to be equally saved.  When you see a "Stop Drug Abuse" sign, you likely don't feel angry on behalf of alcoholics.  It's a simple enough statement...Black Lives Matter.  It's true.  It's simple.  It doesn't dismiss other lives.  Just notes that black lives matter.  And honestly, adding "too" in retrospect makes sense, but had it been there all along, the Hannitys and Ingrahams and Carlsons would have find some other thing about which to complain about it.  The fact that a group even feels a need to state that black lives matter is very sad in and of itself.  I mean, it shouldn't have to be said.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

And not to just beat up the far right's message machine... Empty Re: And not to just beat up the far right's message machine...

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:37 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Defund the Police was political suicide from the start.  I can't believe ANYONE thought that was a good idea.  

I don't fully agree on the BLM thing.  Granted, putting "too" would have helped, but it shouldn't really be necessary.  If I say "Let's end breast cancer" I assume you're not going to protest my stance on behalf of other cancers.  if I say to Save the Whales, it might seem silly to state that other fish deserve to be equally saved.  When you see a "Stop Drug Abuse" sign, you likely don't feel angry on behalf of alcoholics.  It's a simple enough statement...Black Lives Matter.  It's true.  It's simple.  It doesn't dismiss other lives.  Just notes that black lives matter.  And honestly, adding "too" in retrospect makes sense, but had it been there all along, the Hannitys and Ingrahams and Carlsons would have find some other thing about which to complain about it.  The fact that a group even feels a need to state that black lives matter is very sad in and of itself.  I mean, it shouldn't have to be said.

My understanding was that "defund" essentially meant a redistribution of resources.  I don't think the word "reform" works, in that I think there was already efforts geared toward "police reform", and it did no good, so that seems like a gratuitous term with no results.  

I think the point of the term/concept of Black Lives Matter is what you allude to...it's a response to the perception that black lives DON'T matter.  They're saying "yes they do!".
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:07 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

My understanding was that "defund" essentially meant a redistribution of resources.  I don't think the word "reform" works, in that I think there was already efforts geared toward "police reform", and it did no good, so that seems like a gratuitous term with no results.  

I think the point of the term/concept of Black Lives Matter is what you allude to...it's a response to the perception that black lives DON'T matter.  They're saying "yes they do!".

But, again, the far right propaganda machine has convinced people that black lives don't matter because of the black-on-black violence, especially here. 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:20 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

But, again, the far right propaganda machine has convinced people that black lives don't matter because of the black-on-black violence, especially here. 

And that would be the narrative no matter what they call the movement.   Non-race motivated crimes are generally committed against people of the same race because that's who you tend to be around.  Murder is almost always committed by someone you know...spouses, ex-boy/girlfriends, etc.   White people commit more crimes against white people, so using right wing logic, white lives don't matter because white people kill other white people.  It's mind boggling how these people don't have the most basic deductive reasoning skills.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 pm