Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

2005 feel?

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

2005 feel? Empty 2005 feel?

Post by alohafri Thu May 13, 2021 9:01 am

I'm not suggesting that this is a World Series team, but like 2005, this is a team that isn't living and dying by the home run. I like the manufacturing of runs and the pitching I have seen as of late (except for a few relievers and Hendriks when he comes in without the game on the line).
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

2005 feel? Empty Re: 2005 feel?

Post by sharpy Sat May 22, 2021 1:35 pm

I just don't see them  winning when they have to trek garcia and mendick out to the outfield on a regular basis, and their catchers are hitting <.200 combined.   If they had Eloy and Roberts, I'd be optimistic - but i'm concerned there are too many "outs" in the lineup.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun May 23, 2021 1:26 pm

sharpy wrote:I just don't see them  winning when they have to trek garcia and mendick out to the outfield on a regular basis, and their catchers are hitting <.200 combined.   If they had Eloy and Roberts, I'd be optimistic - but i'm concerned there are too many "outs" in the lineup.

That's how I see it, Tim.  Too many automatic outs in the lineup.  All of the bitching and whining about LaRussa on the FB fan page, but LaRussa's not going up there and hitting into double and triple plays, or walking the leadoff man.  I never understood the LaRussa hiring, and still don't, but he's not the reason that the Sox aren't dominating more.  We're running replacement level (or worse) offensive players out to 3-4 positions per day.

Last edited by SoxIlliniRob on Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun May 23, 2021 1:36 pm

And let's not forget Billy (Bee Bee Richards) Hamilton is seeing frequent playing time.  And does anyone here really feel that Engle is the answer to these problems? 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun May 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Also, why are teams still walking Grandal?? He can't hit squat, why wouldn't you challenge the guy?  Ever since you brought him up in FB, I've paid more attention - it doesn't seem like he can hit a fastball anymore. Seems like his only chance is when they hang some sort of breaking ball. Why that would be, who knows?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun May 23, 2021 7:52 pm

sharpy wrote:Also, why are teams still walking Grandal?? He can't hit squat, why wouldn't you challenge the guy?  Ever since you brought him up in FB, I've paid more attention - it doesn't seem like he can hit a fastball anymore. Seems like his only chance is when they hang some sort of breaking ball. Why that would be, who knows?

HA - was watching the game today on the MLB network and they had the Yankee feed so their announcers were calling the game and whoever their analyst is said the same thing about Grandall - ""why are they walking a .133 hitter"   and then he it a fastball into the right center field seats ...lol 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content