Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Giant Suckfest

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Giant Suckfest Empty Giant Suckfest

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm

This first week of shitty baseball by the Sox has me longing for more Kark political talk.  Geezus effing C....this shit is awful to look at.  After 7 games, our longest pitching start is 5 and 1/3rd innings?  

Until further notice, I don't see this as a playoff team.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Giant Suckfest Empty Re: Giant Suckfest

Post by alohafri Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:This first week of shitty baseball by the Sox has me longing for more Kark political talk.  Geezus effing C....this shit is awful to look at.  After 7 games, our longest pitching start is 5 and 1/3rd innings?  

This is what I expected with LaRussa managing. He wrote the book on pitch counts  and lefty/righty match ups and won't deviate from it.

The defense looks horrible, guys are getting hurt left and right. If this was any other team I'd be predicting a managerial change by summer.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:This first week of shitty baseball by the Sox has me longing for more Kark political talk.  Geezus effing C....this shit is awful to look at.  After 7 games, our longest pitching start is 5 and 1/3rd innings?  

I saw that you wandered back over there. I didn't just stop posting there because of politics. I stopped posting there because he is a big asshole. In his mind, he is wrong about nothing and if you disagree with him whether it's politics or baseball, you are wrong and deserving of scorn and insults. He thinks he's being cute with his "Mr. RobZ". He's being a jagoff. I'm weeding people like that out of my life. I hope that miserable fuck dies alone.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 pm

alohafri wrote:

I saw that you wandered back over there. I didn't just stop posting there because of politics. I stopped posting there because he is a big asshole. In his mind, he is wrong about nothing and if you disagree with him whether it's politics or baseball, you are wrong and deserving of scorn and insults. He thinks he's being cute with his "Mr. RobZ". He's being a jagoff. I'm weeding people like that out of my life. I hope that miserable fuck dies alone.

Yeah, I don't plan on making a habit of it, either.  I just saw an opening to talk about Sox baseball and I took it.  I may never return, or I might say more in a week or two.  But I'm with you....total jag who gets his rocks off on being a fuckhead to people.  I think most of us have better things to do with our time.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yeah, I don't plan on making a habit of it, either.  I just saw an opening to talk about Sox baseball and I took it.  I may never return, or I might say more in a week or two.  But I'm with you....total jag who gets his rocks off on being a fuckhead to people.  I think most of us have better things to do with our time.

He actually acted somewhat civil.  Was more interested in your update on your son (don't think I was aware of all of that).

In other Sox/son news, my son Jake is not a sports fan AT ALL.  I think he came with us to two Cubs games when he was a kid...then he opted out.  When the Cubs won the World Series, he happened to be home on fall break from college, and he was "watching" the game with friends, and they kicked him and another friend out because they weren't watching and they were bothering everyone.   The came back to our house and pretty much did the same thing.  So imagine my absolute horror when he became a diehard Sox fan about a year ago.  He was here for Easter, and he was going on about the catcher who set a record for consecutive hits to start the season.  My son Alex bought him a Sox hat for Christmas, which he wears while selling weed.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:54 am

Seems even this Kark free corner of the internet is 99.9% politics. So I only come here when I'm bored. Facebook fills my political needs. In case you've forgotten I warned you about Kark back in the 90"s. 

As for baseball calm the fuck down. They're playing a full season you don't have to react to a few bad games by dousing yourself in gasoline and running down the street. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 pm

telefrank wrote:Seems even this Kark free corner of the internet is 99.9% politics. So I only come here when I'm bored. Facebook fills my political needs. In case you've forgotten I warned you about Kark back in the 90"s. 

As for baseball calm the fuck down. They're playing a full season you don't have to react to a few bad games by dousing yourself in gasoline and running down the street. 

Frank, it's funny how fanboyism is rampant on the two or three Facebook Sox groups I belong to. I guess the fanboys don't yet believe as they are still spending their time attacking Jason Benetti.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:45 pm

alohafri wrote:
    telefrank wrote:Seems even this Kark free corner of the internet is 99.9% politics. So I only come here when I'm bored. Facebook fills my political needs. In case you've forgotten I warned you about Kark back in the 90"s. 

Frank, it's funny how fanboyism is rampant on the two or three Facebook Sox groups I belong to. I guess the fanboys don't yet believe as they are still spending their time attacking Jason Benetti.

I'll never understand all of the concern about the announcers.  Benetti is a nice story and seems to me like he does a decent enough job.

As for the Sox, I'm not exactly summing up the season after a week, but we can be honest about a couple things.  Our defense is terrible.  There's no way around that.  Our hitting is significantly worsened by not having Eloy and currently being without TA.  Our bullpen has woefully underperformed...so far.  Our starting staff is about where I thought it would be.  My biggest concern is Keuchle, who just looks like a very late career Buehrle just hoping his location is good enough to not get hammered.  Rodon, Lynn and Giolito are looking pretty good.  Cease needs to find his command before giving up early and unnecessary runs.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:53 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He actually acted somewhat civil.  Was more interested in your update on your son (don't think I was aware of all of that).

I don't make a big deal out of it.  My oldest kid is a pretty complex dude.  Very smart, funny, witty, and resourceful, but a typical, lazy 19 yr old.  Baseball was never a passion for him, no matter how good he was at it.  He loved the attention that came with being good, but that can only get you so far.  He was recruited to play in college since his freshman year and graduated high school rated as the 45th best RHP prospect in Illinois.  He'd have been higher but lacked velocity (topped at 83) to go with his trickiness and guile on the mound.  He got great results as a pitcher, but you're not taken very seriously if you can't get into at least the higher 80's.  They just figure you'll eventually get your ass kicked, even though his success had to do with his arm slot, and pitch movement, and wide array of pitches and arm angles, and not his velocity.  He's super interested designing and creating clothes for what I'd call the urban rap culture.  He has a basement full of sewing machines and makes and sells all kinds of weird shit that we'd not get caught dead in, but kids line up to pay him good money for this goofy stuff.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:55 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I don't make a big deal out of it.  My oldest kid is a pretty complex dude.  Very smart, funny, witty, and resourceful, but a typical, lazy 19 yr old.  Baseball was never a passion for him, no matter how good he was at it.  He loved the attention that came with being good, but that can only get you so far.  He was recruited to play in college since his freshman year and graduated high school rated as the 45th best RHP prospect in Illinois.  He'd have been higher but lacked velocity (topped at 83) to go with his trickiness and guile on the mound.  He got great results as a pitcher, but you're not taken very seriously if you can't get into at least the higher 80's.  They just figure you'll eventually get your ass kicked, even though his success had to do with his arm slot, and pitch movement, and wide array of pitches and arm angles, and not his velocity.  He's super interested designing and creating clothes for what I'd call the urban rap culture.  He has a basement full of sewing machines and makes and sells all kinds of weird shit that we'd not get caught dead in, but kids line up to pay him good money for this goofy stuff.

That's so cool!  How did he end up drawn to making clothes?  Has he had exposure to it?  Alex had a college friend who's an artist and he's had his designs in a magazine or as an album cover or something like that.  

My mother was pretty good at sewing, and I have her old Kenmore sewing machine.  I primarily would use it for hemming or fixing torn clothes.  Through 1st grade, I sewed my kids' Halloween costumes.  Then while the kids were away at school, I made Alex one of those t-shirt quilts.  Gab asked for one, so I made her one as well.  Gab never had an interest in sewing, then out of the blue, maybe 6 weeks ago, she was trying to kill time until she starts school in the fall, so she decided to make her boyfriend a t-shirt quilt for his birthday.  Maybe a week into it, she bought a much better sewing machine than I have.  She converted the boys' bedroom to a sewing room, and she's cranking out some amazing pieces.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 am

alohafri wrote: 

I commented on that issue on Facebook this week. I told them I didn't think it's time to complain about the announcers yet. Save that for if the team is out of a playoff spot was my wise wisdom. Informed them we are still in the upset about the teams start to the seasons portion of this season. 

I really like Stone and Benetti. They are having a good time covering a group of men playing a child's game. Both are knowledgable and they speak english. That one ESPN game reminded me how much I don't like "neutral" announcers. I want to listen to fellow Sox fans.

Oh, You cannot believe how often I have to fight the urge to correct the Facebook fanboys that unless you own a piece of a team you cannot refer to them as "us".  Bum still gets a few "It's Lakeview not Wrigleyville" from me. Some things never change
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:02 pm

telefrank wrote:
    alohafri wrote: 

I commented on that issue on Facebook this week. I told them I didn't think it's time to complain about the announcers yet. Save that for if the team is out of a playoff spot was my wise wisdom. Informed them we are still in the upset about the teams start to the seasons portion of this season. 

I really like Stone and Benetti. They are having a good time covering a group of men playing a child's game. Both are knowledgable and they speak english. That one ESPN game reminded me how much I don't like "neutral" announcers. I want to listen to fellow Sox fans.

Oh, You cannot believe how often I have to fight the urge to correct the Facebook fanboys that unless you own a piece of a team you cannot refer to them as "us".  Bum still gets a few "It's Lakeview not Wrigleyville" from me. Some things never change

I like them too! They are having FUN! Isn't that what this is supposed to be?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm

alohafri wrote:
    telefrank wrote:
    alohafri wrote: 

It's amazing to me how much energy people waste, bitching about the announcers.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

That's so cool!  How did he end up drawn to making clothes?  Has he had exposure to it?  Alex had a college friend who's an artist and he's had his designs in a magazine or as an album cover or something like that.  

My mother was pretty good at sewing, and I have her old Kenmore sewing machine.  I primarily would use it for hemming or fixing torn clothes.  Through 1st grade, I sewed my kids' Halloween costumes.  Then while the kids were away at school, I made Alex one of those t-shirt quilts.  Gab asked for one, so I made her one as well.  Gab never had an interest in sewing, then out of the blue, maybe 6 weeks ago, she was trying to kill time until she starts school in the fall, so she decided to make her boyfriend a t-shirt quilt for his birthday.  Maybe a week into it, she bought a much better sewing machine than I have.  She converted the boys' bedroom to a sewing room, and she's cranking out some amazing pieces.

We're not entirely certain how it started with the sewing, but I think it began with buying stuff at thrift shops and reselling it for a profit.  Then he wanted an embroidering machine to put some little branding on some sweatshirts, and then the embroidering function stopped working so he started using it as a sewing machine and before you knew it he was cutting up different things and sewing them together into weird shit that people wanted to buy from him.  Now he goes hunting in thrift shops for interesting blankets with cool stuff on them, and then cuts them up and makes them into hoodies.  That's a cheap way to buy a bunch of fabric if you can find a blanket with some interesting art work for $5.  Dude makes a bunch of handbags, hoodies, and various other oddities.  People buy it as fast as he makes it, and he advertises it all on his Instagram.  I think he has a big following.  I just wish he would take it seriously enough to put in 8-10 hour days or some 50 hr weeks.  He could probably make it work if he would.  He definitely knows how to network, and has a strong handle on what people want to buy and what they like.  I tried to share a couple pics of his creations here, but it said the file was too big.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:00 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    telefrank wrote:
    alohafri wrote: 

Especially when we have a bullpen we can be bitching about.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:49 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Especially when we have a bullpen we can be bitching about.

It's been astounding to see how bad it's been.  Outside of Kopech, who has been sensational, to put it mildly, I have no confidence in any of these guys.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun May 02, 2021 6:03 pm

Doesn't seem to matter if the Sox fans like Benetti or not, the networks sure do - he's all over basketball and college football in the fall and winter when the sox are done .. i enjoy the guy. Never liked Stone, but figure he's my pebble in my shoe
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Fri May 07, 2021 9:34 am

sharpy wrote:Doesn't seem to matter if the Sox fans like Benetti or not, the networks sure do - he's all over basketball and college football in the fall and winter when the sox are done .. i enjoy the guy. Never liked Stone, but figure he's my pebble in my shoe
    I've always wondered if those "other" games just aren't leftovers from his days before the Sox signed him up. A lot of freelancers are just plain whores about work taking it anywhere and any time. Especially in sports. 

Years ago I met a guy who had been in Champaign for a basketball game and had to stay around for breaking down and reloading up the truck. Then he drove back to Oak Park to the old Sports Channel studios to work on the Chet Coppock show. After that it was over to Wrigley and followed this with a Bulls game. I guess he slept when driving between gigs. Assholes like him dominate local sports TV freelance so that basically it's the same dozen or so doing all the games. While I was working at WGN I saw that the same asshole was still doing ballgames. Saw him on the schedule. WGN hasn't used their staff people to do ball games for probably a decade or more. Freelancers are cheaper. No health care.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:06 am