Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Rodon

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Rodon Empty Rodon

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:16 am

Rodon was a disappointment. Yet another White Sox pitching draftee that never lived up to his perceived potential. Maybe the Sox need to avoid taking pitchers in the first 20 rounds and use position player draftees to trade for more established pitchers.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Rodon Empty Re: Rodon

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:19 am

I'm bummed to see Rodon not work out.  If he can ever figure out how to stay healthy, which seems like a stretch at this point, he might be really good.  During spans when he's been healthy he has thrown very effectively and dominantly.  I kind of figure him to still have a career where he goes through some good and bad spans.  Maybe something like an Esteban Loaiza type of career where he's awful and hurt, and then really good, and then hurt, and then sad, and then good, and then hopefully not arrested, like Esteban.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:34 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm bummed to see Rodon not work out.  If he can ever figure out how to stay healthy, which seems like a stretch at this point, he might be really good.  During spans when he's been healthy he has thrown very effectively and dominantly.  I kind of figure him to still have a career where he goes through some good and bad spans.  Maybe something like an Esteban Loaiza type of career where he's awful and hurt, and then really good, and then hurt, and then sad, and then good, and then hopefully not arrested, like Esteban.

He did have some flashes of goodness in him. His injuries caught up to him. I don't think the final straw was his fault though. Ricky bringing him in during the 8th (?) inning against Oakland where he pretty much imploded was all on Ricky. You don't bring in a starting pitcher coming off of surgery in that situation. IMO, he should have been left off the playoff roster.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:13 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm bummed to see Rodon not work out.  If he can ever figure out how to stay healthy, which seems like a stretch at this point, he might be really good.  During spans when he's been healthy he has thrown very effectively and dominantly.  I kind of figure him to still have a career where he goes through some good and bad spans.  Maybe something like an Esteban Loaiza type of career where he's awful and hurt, and then really good, and then hurt, and then sad, and then good, and then hopefully not arrested, like Esteban.

He did have some flashes of goodness in him. His injuries caught up to him. I don't think the final straw was his fault though. Ricky bringing him in during the 8th (?) inning against Oakland where he pretty much imploded was all on Ricky. You don't bring in a starting pitcher coming off of surgery in that situation. IMO, he should have been left off the playoff roster.

Kevin, that was a clear case of managerial insanity and implosion.  The entire Sox fan based watched that move with horror and our fears were realized pretty quickly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content