Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Done

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Done Empty Done

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:46 pm

I'm not watching anymore games until Renteria is gone. If that means I give up my season tickets, so be it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Done Empty Re: Done

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:47 am

Definitely appears that his decisionmaking took a turn for the worse lately.  I still haven't recovered from bringing Rodon into that situation the other night.  WTF?
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Just a few words.

Young Millionaires! 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm

telefrank wrote:Just a few words.

Young Millionaires! 

Yeah. I know. But the old (not as) millionaire has no idea how to play the young millionaires. There is a reason cubbie got rid of him when they did. I was critical of their decision, thinking they needed to give him the chance to see if he could lead them to the next level. These past couple of weeks have shown me that the cubs were correct in their assessment.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Maybe he is doing what Hahn and Williams want him to do?  Maybe he brought in rodon in relief b/c they told him "look, we don't know what to do with this guy. He can't stay healthy to start. He's hot and cold. See what he's like as a reliever so we know what to do with him this winter."   Maybe they didn't say that, but who knows. Sox are playing for a year or 2 down the road ..they need more pitching.  Have to find out what they have now.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm

sharpy wrote:Maybe he is doing what Hahn and Williams want him to do?  Maybe he brought in rodon in relief b/c they told him "look, we don't know what to do with this guy. He can't stay healthy to start. He's hot and cold. See what he's like as a reliever so we know what to do with him this winter."   Maybe they didn't say that, but who knows. Sox are playing for a year or 2 down the road ..they need more pitching.  Have to find out what they have now.

I'm thinking the same thing, Tim.  Made the playoffs a year early.  We'll take that and enjoy it, but let's see what these other guys can do.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:20 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Maybe he is doing what Hahn and Williams want him to do?  Maybe he brought in rodon in relief b/c they told him "look, we don't know what to do with this guy. He can't stay healthy to start. He's hot and cold. See what he's like as a reliever so we know what to do with him this winter."   Maybe they didn't say that, but who knows. Sox are playing for a year or 2 down the road ..they need more pitching.  Have to find out what they have now.

I'm thinking the same thing, Tim.  Made the playoffs a year early.  We'll take that and enjoy it, but let's see what these other guys can do.

They have a lot of work this winter. Pitching (Rodon and Lopez need to go), right field, catching (Yasmani has been far from impressive), a DH.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:50 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

They have a lot of work this winter. Pitching (Rodon and Lopez need to go), right field, catching (Yasmani has been far from impressive), a DH.

DH Eloy and find someone to hold down LF.  If you get a RF, or a LF, you can get by in the other outfield spot with a platoon of Engel/Mazara.  I'm a bit worried about losing McCann, however.  Is it just me or does it look like our bullpen top 4 are as good as any in the league?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:33 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

DH Eloy and find someone to hold down LF.  If you get a RF, or a LF, you can get by in the other outfield spot with a platoon of Engel/Mazara.  I'm a bit worried about losing McCann, however.  Is it just me or does it look like our bullpen top 4 are as good as any in the league?

Our bullpen is a definite bright spot. Engel has improved his offense this year. I don't know what Ricky's fascination is with Mazara. The guy has one more home run than I do!
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:34 pm

I don't know what Ricky's fascination is with Mazara. The guy has one more home run than I do!

Signed to a big deal .. didn't he hit like 22 homers last year?  Gotta have something
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:07 pm

sharpy wrote: I don't know what Ricky's fascination is with Mazara. The guy has one more home run than I do!

Signed to a big deal .. didn't he hit like 22 homers last year?  Gotta have something

The guy clearly has the power to hit 22.  When he finally connected with his first one, it was a no-doubter of no-doubters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:16 pm