Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Gun toting teen

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Gun toting teen Empty Gun toting teen

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:09 am

So basically, his defense is, "I crossed the state line, as a minor, with a gun, so I could shoot people who I disagreed with politically." Who is his defense lawyer, Kark?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Gun toting teen Empty Re: Gun toting teen

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:48 am

alohafri wrote:So basically, his defense is, "I crossed the state line, as a minor, with a gun, so I could shoot people who I disagreed with politically." Who is his defense lawyer, Kark?

Haven't heard that one yet.  There were a couple statements early on...maybe even the next day or two.  

His attorney is fighting extradition?  Is he Roman Polanski?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:11 pm

His defense is that he is an American Patriot, who is a shining example of the American spirit of taking to the streets to defend the country against anarchist and the reason why the 2nd amendment is so damned important.    And I'm being serious, this is his defense

I got a $50 that says he walks
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 pm

sharpy wrote:His defense is that he is an American Patriot, who is a shining example of the American spirit of taking to the streets to defend the country against anarchist and the reason why the 2nd amendment is so damned important.    And I'm being serious, this is his defense

I got a $50 that says he walks

It will be interesting to see what his attorneys are drafting to fight extradition.  The article I read said:  "David Erickson, a former state appellate judge who teaches at Chicago Kent College of Law, said when challenges do occur, there are generally two arguments: that no crime was committed in the other state or that the defendant was not the person who committed the crime.  “It's going to be some unique kind of theory, that's for sure,” Erickson said. "It's not the standard two of ‘it ain’t me' or ‘there’s no crime,'" he said.

Self defense isn't the same as "no crime", I wouldn't think, since it's a pretty common defense.  And yes, I agree what the defense will be when it goes to trial.  Always interesting how the 2nd amendment support is only afforded to some people...and I'm not even talking about the fact that armed white people don't like to see armed brown people...but the only surviving victim was armed.  A paramedic who was there to help people, armed for his own protection, yet not one of these fanatics have said anything about him.  The interview on CNN was painful to watch.  He's seen a lot of people struggle with addiction and he wanted to open a wilderness camp to help people with addiction or trauma, so he has refused all pain meds because of how he's seen others suffering from addiction that started with pain meds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 pm