Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

RBG has passed away

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

RBG has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: RBG has passed away

Post by alohafri Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:10 pm

I have it on good authority that Trump is looking to nominate a Cuban-American-Jew who was born Catholic-Lesbian-Married to an African-American so he can try to say that he is the best friend of all of them.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

RBG has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: RBG has passed away

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 pm

With what appears on the docket for Trump and his minions to challenge results in swing states with red leadership (WI, OH, FL), it definitely sounds like they'll claim the fraud was out of control and then the local electors will vote in the electoral college for Trump anyway. I realize this is what Blondy already wrote about.  

Can I just say that if that happens, the rioting you saw over the summer will the little appetizer to what will happen this fall.  Shit will burn and there'll be a full blown war.  That's flat out fascism and autocracy.  if you want to see the electoral college fall and go to shit, that might be the moment that forces the hand.  It'll sure be a clear moment of clarity about how damn silly the E.C. is.  

I wonder if E.C. defenders realize that Hamilton wrote in the Federalist papers that we needed an electoral college because folks in the far flung states didn't have access fully to the candidates and didn't know enough about them, and if they were to elect someone that's crooked out of pure ignorance, the electoral college delegates could overrule them and cast the votes for the proper candidate.  Well, we now have pretty strong forms of communication and voters have the ability to educate themselves on the candidates.  According to the Federalist papers, we probably don't need an electoral college.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:43 am