Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Big Ten Football is Saved!

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Big Ten Football is Saved! Empty Big Ten Football is Saved!

Post by alohafri Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Some dipshit from Daily Caller, probably a daily read for Kark, tweeted this...

I’ve spent the past 188 days fighting to save Big 10 football. Today, we accomplished the mission.

Much like the Osama Bin Laden raid or D-Day, you never know when your number will be called to serve. All you hope for is to execute your job and the mission.

Fighting to "save" Big Ten football is on par with getting the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks or the invasion of Europe? Every day I hear and read more stupidity.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Big Ten Football is Saved! Empty Re: Big Ten Football is Saved!

Post by sharpy Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:00 pm

All I know is, if I were an elite athlete and was assured a high draft place, there would be no way I'd play, for FREE and risk all that. ... 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:41 pm

sharpy wrote:All I know is, if I were an elite athlete and was assured a high draft place, there would be no way I'd play, for FREE and risk all that. ... 

I wonder how many B10 football players know they're going to be a high draft pick.  Maybe a few, but I assume most of them who are drafted highly have a pretty strong final college season.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm

I think its' nice of the Big Ten to finally in public admit that all that really matters is being a minor league for the NFL. Not this silly education stuff. 
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:50 am

The lure of billions rises above the risk of morbidity/mortality.  I agree with Sharpy.  If I'm a top tiered player likely to be drafted by the NFL next April, I'm not playing Covid football for free.  I'm sure agents would be advising the players of this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:18 pm