Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

RNC

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

RNC Empty RNC

Post by blondy28 Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Most speculated that the RNC would pale in comparison to the DNC, but I don't think anyone could have envisioned the shit show they put on last night.  Clearly Don Jr. was on something.  And his GF...wow.  

And in other news, black man shot in the back 7 times.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

RNC Empty Re: RNC

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 pm

And I don't want to hear any bullshit from his Lordship about CNN not covering the TNC. They are covering it, and I hear the golden (shower) pipes of Sean Hannity eminating from the television upstairs.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:50 pm

I can't believe you guys are watching the RNC .. aren't there Gomer Pyle USMC reruns on in Chicago?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:16 pm

sharpy wrote:I can't believe you guys are watching the RNC .. aren't there Gomer Pyle USMC reruns on in Chicago?

I'm not, but I can hear it upstairs. I never watch the conventions. Their only job is to appeal to their base. I'm the base of neither party.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:33 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I can't believe you guys are watching the RNC .. aren't there Gomer Pyle USMC reruns on in Chicago?

I'm not, but I can hear it upstairs. I never watch the conventions. Their only job is to appeal to their base. I'm the base of neither party.

We actually had dinner with some conservative friends of ours last weekend and the female half of the couple said she was surprised and impressed by Biden's speech and is more inclined now to to vote for him.  I don't know if she thought he'd drool on himself and his dentures would fall out mid sentence or what.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:59 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
     I don't know if she thought he'd drool on himself and his dentures would fall out mid sentence or what.
    Even if true, it would be a step up from what we now have.  Really, is drooling worse than some addle minded statement such as "....slow the testing down..." in the middle of the worst pandemic in a century?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
     I don't know if she thought he'd drool on himself and his dentures would fall out mid sentence or what.
    Even if true, it would be a step up from what we now have.  Really, is drooling worse than some addle minded statement such as "....slow the testing down..." in the middle of the worst pandemic in a century?

And while Anthony Fauci was knocked out having surgery, the CDC changed it's recommendation so people won't be able to have tests unless they're symptomatic.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:43 pm

alohafri wrote:

I never watch Trump or the GOP live, ever.  My preference is to read about it so I don't have to hear any of them, but I usually hear the lowlights on the radio.  I will watch the DNC if someone I like is speaking, and if I'm up late enough (which I rarely am), so I'll pull up clips the next day.  I would correct that conventions, perhaps, are usually meant to appeal to the base, but the DNC this year was meant to appeal to sane Americans.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:09 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I never watch Trump or the GOP live, ever.  My preference is to read about it so I don't have to hear any of them, but I usually hear the lowlights on the radio.  I will watch the DNC if someone I like is speaking, and if I'm up late enough (which I rarely am), so I'll pull up clips the next day.  I would correct that conventions, perhaps, are usually meant to appeal to the base, but the DNC this year was meant to appeal to sane Americans.

For the most part. But those on the far left, the Bernie Bros., etc., need to shut the Hell up. There are tweets saying to the effect of we don't want any Republicans sullying the Democratic party, that we should just sit out. I hate the extremists in both parties. Fuck you and your "purity" tests.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

For the most part. But those on the far left, the Bernie Bros., etc., need to shut the Hell up. There are tweets saying to the effect of we don't want any Republicans sullying the Democratic party, that we should just sit out. I hate the extremists in both parties. Fuck you and your "purity" tests.

As you know, my son Jake went to Iowa to canvas for Bernie 4 times...or maybe 5.  Then went to Michigan.  I can tell you that the Bernie supporters in their age group don't think that way about "sullying the Democratic party"...primarily because they are of the opinion that both parties are the same.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Trump almost fell walking up the stairs today. How soon before he falls down the entire length of the stairs coming from Air Force One?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:23 pm

alohafri wrote:Trump almost fell walking up the stairs today. How soon before he falls down the entire length of the stairs coming from Air Force One?

Then Saturday Night Live can bring back Chevy Chase and he can do his falling president (Ford) impressions...
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 am

alohafri wrote:Trump almost fell walking up the stairs today. How soon before he falls down the entire length of the stairs coming from Air Force One?

Not soon enough.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:05 pm

If the guy is truly suffering from Frontotemporal dementia as quite a few people have claimed, those who cover for him should be held accountable for what happens to him and our nation.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/frontotemporal-dementia/symptoms-causes/syc-20354737

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 am