Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

The Lincoln Project

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

The Lincoln Project Empty The Lincoln Project

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:33 am

The Lincoln Project may just be the reason that Biden gets elected, if he pulls this out.  Their ads are amazing.  Last night they debuted an ad that's over 6 minutes...well worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=4TogbPPyQQM&feature=emb_logo

I watched the ad premiere last night, which was followed by a town hall hosted by 5 of the people involved with this group, which was also excellent.

alohafri likes this post

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

The Lincoln Project Empty Re: The Lincoln Project

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:43 am

blondy28 wrote:The Lincoln Project may just be the reason that Biden gets elected, if he pulls this out.  Their ads are amazing.  Last night they debuted an ad that's over 6 minutes...well worth the watch.

I watched the ad premiere last night, which was followed by a town hall hosted by 5 of the people involved with this group, which was also excellent.

Somehow I think Skeletor Conway is making George sleep in another room.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:02 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:The Lincoln Project may just be the reason that Biden gets elected, if he pulls this out.  Their ads are amazing.  Last night they debuted an ad that's over 6 minutes...well worth the watch.

Somehow I think Skeletor Conway is making George sleep in another room.

For his sake, I hope you're right.  He's probably scared shitless of her.  Actually SNL did a funny skit about them one time that they are always engaged in these wars on Twitter and then they go home and have really great hate sex.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:19 pm

How depressing that the most effective ads against a republican fascist government and attempted coup of the american democracy that will help the Democrats the most, come from Republicans. No wonder Will Rogers said "I don't belong to any organized political party. I am a democrat".  
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:52 pm

sharpy wrote:How depressing that the most effective ads against a republican fascist government and attempted coup of the american democracy that will help the Democrats the most, come from Republicans. No wonder Will Rogers said "I don't belong to any organized political party. I am a democrat".  

Is it possible that they carry more weight because they are known to be produced by a bunch of Repubs against a Repub?  If a bunch of Dems were making them, might they get lost in the fray and be looked at as typical campaign politics?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:How depressing that the most effective ads against a republican fascist government and attempted coup of the american democracy that will help the Democrats the most, come from Republicans. No wonder Will Rogers said "I don't belong to any organized political party. I am a democrat".  

Is it possible that they carry more weight because they are known to be produced by a bunch of Repubs against a Repub?  If a bunch of Dems were making them, might they get lost in the fray and be looked at as typical campaign politics?

To the Cultists, they are RINOs...you know, one of Kark's favorite names for me. I honestly don't get it. There is nothing conservative about anything Trump has done. NOTHING. He's spending money like a drunken sailor on leave, he's trying to expand the power of the federal government, he's using the executive order to try to expand his power. There is nothing conservative about him. he is the true cult of personality. I can only think that the reason people like Jordan, Guiliani, Graham, etc. support him is because they have skeletons in their closet and Trump has promised to pardon them if these skeletons came to light in exchange for his support. The rest of them, with the exception of people like Romney and a few people in state and local government, are staying silent so they don't feel his "twitter wrath". I wonder how they sleep at night.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:22 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

To the Cultists, they are RINOs...you know, one of Kark's favorite names for me. I honestly don't get it. There is nothing conservative about anything Trump has done. NOTHING. He's spending money like a drunken sailor on leave, he's trying to expand the power of the federal government, he's using the executive order to try to expand his power. There is nothing conservative about him. he is the true cult of personality. I can only think that the reason people like Jordan, Guiliani, Graham, etc. support him is because they have skeletons in their closet and Trump has promised to pardon them if these skeletons came to light in exchange for his support. The rest of them, with the exception of people like Romney and a few people in state and local government, are staying silent so they don't feel his "twitter wrath". I wonder how they sleep at night.

I suppose the fact that Trump has about an 85-90% approval rating in the party has the rest of the party afraid to be Trump-contrarians, out of fear of a primary from someone who will campaign on supporting the guy that the party loves.  When I bring up your points to my conservative, Trump-loving friends, they say he's conservative because Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and lower taxes for corporations.  Apparently the ends justify the means.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:59 pm

When I bring up your points to my conservative, Trump-loving friends, they say he's conservative because Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and lower taxes for corporations.  Apparently the ends justify the means

Let's not forget anti-abortion, anti - gay right , anti- immigrants .. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:29 pm

sharpy wrote: When I bring up your points to my conservative, Trump-loving friends, they say he's conservative because Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and lower taxes for corporations.  Apparently the ends justify the means

Yes.  That, too.  Prior to about 10 yrs ago, I never thought of conservatives as anti-immigrant.  I never even knew they were so anti-immigrant until during the time when unaccompanied minors from Central America were showing up at the border (during the Obama years) and conservatives were losing their shit about it.  Seeing as how pretty much every large and medium sized corporation in this country has a shit-ton of legal and undocumented immigrants working there, I figured immigrants were viewed fairly highly in the eyes of the right and looked at as a commodity, if nothing else.  Cheap labor.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote: When I bring up your points to my conservative, Trump-loving friends, they say he's conservative because Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and lower taxes for corporations.  Apparently the ends justify the means

Yes.  That, too.  Prior to about 10 yrs ago, I never thought of conservatives as anti-immigrant.  I never even knew they were so anti-immigrant until during the time when unaccompanied minors from Central America were showing up at the border (during the Obama years) and conservatives were losing their shit about it.  Seeing as how pretty much every large and medium sized corporation in this country has a shit-ton of legal and undocumented immigrants working there, I figured immigrants were viewed fairly highly in the eyes of the right and looked at as a commodity, if nothing else.  Cheap labor.

Real conservatives have no problem with immigration because they do represent cheap labor, even legal immigrants. Trump has managed to tap into the racist fear of them "taking your jobs", never mind the fact that people like Kark would never do the manual labor that many immigrants do.

Am I wrong when I say that Kavanaugh and Gorsuch have ruled against Trump on a couple of cases?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:06 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Real conservatives have no problem with immigration because they do represent cheap labor, even legal immigrants. Trump has managed to tap into the racist fear of them "taking your jobs", never mind the fact that people like Kark would never do the manual labor that many immigrants do.

Am I wrong when I say that Kavanaugh and Gorsuch have ruled against Trump on a couple of cases?

No.  You're right.  They've been reliably conservative, but not exclusively.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

No.  You're right.  They've been reliably conservative, but not exclusively.

That's all I can ask of a Supreme Court, to try to ignore party politics. You may be in the position you are in because of your political leanings, but that should end at the court house door.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:36 pm

I had planned on donating to this group, feel better about that than donating directly to Biden.  However, I had seen headlines and a brief summary of an article from The Atlantic that had negative views on the tactics of this group and before donating I had planned to read the article.  Now, when I go to find the article, it's not free anymore and I need to pay subscription.  Did anybody read the article?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:52 am

jaywit wrote:I had planned on donating to this group, feel better about that than donating directly to Biden.  However, I had seen headlines and a brief summary of an article from The Atlantic that had negative views on the tactics of this group and before donating I had planned to read the article.  Now, when I go to find the article, it's not free anymore and I need to pay subscription.  Did anybody read the article?

The Trump wing of the Republican party claim that this group is actually made up of Democrats. Actually, they support some of the things Trump supports. They are not Democrats. However, they know that Trump is not just destroying the party, he and his minions are destroying the country. 

An interesting thing I read today. GWB was President for four years. DJT was a Democrat for nearly all four of those years. Who's the RINO?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am

jaywit wrote:I had planned on donating to this group, feel better about that than donating directly to Biden.  However, I had seen headlines and a brief summary of an article from The Atlantic that had negative views on the tactics of this group and before donating I had planned to read the article.  Now, when I go to find the article, it's not free anymore and I need to pay subscription.  Did anybody read the article?

I didn't read it, but Steve Schmidt was in a twitter fight with someone about it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:58 pm

blondy28 wrote:

I didn't read it, but Steve Schmidt was in a twitter fight with someone about it.

He's quite the wordsmith.  Schmidt's official occupation ought to read "professional Twitter fighter."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:27 am