Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Delay the election

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Delay the election Empty Delay the election

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:39 am

It was only a matter of time until Trump began hinting that we need to delay this election until it's safe to vote and until after the virus is gone.  Get ready for this to become more constant of a drumbeat and for the cult to begin parroting this notion.  After that, maybe some legal maneuvering.  This was always going to happen.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Delay the election Empty Re: Delay the election

Post by alohafri Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:42 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:It was only a matter of time until Trump began hinting that we need to delay this election until it's safe to vote and until after the virus is gone.  Get ready for this to become more constant of a drumbeat and for the cult to begin parroting this notion.  After that, maybe some legal maneuvering.  This was always going to happen.

Right now there are Republicans who are saying that this can't happen, that the Constitution sets the election date and it would take a literal "act of Congress" to move the election date. Now, this, of course, is before the extremist talk show hosts start to talk about what a great idea it is.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:It was only a matter of time until Trump began hinting that we need to delay this election until it's safe to vote and until after the virus is gone.  Get ready for this to become more constant of a drumbeat and for the cult to begin parroting this notion.  After that, maybe some legal maneuvering.  This was always going to happen.

Right now there are Republicans who are saying that this can't happen, that the Constitution sets the election date and it would take a literal "act of Congress" to move the election date. Now, this, of course, is before the extremist talk show hosts start to talk about what a great idea it is.

yeah, we know what the constitution says.  I just figure he'll push this for a while and rile up the cult.  The cult will start to push it a bit.  After that, there're some legal maneuvers such as to declare by executive order that the election is being canceled.  After that, Dems file a motion to dismiss or some kind of request to evacuate or block that order because it's not on any kind of legal ground.  After that, who knows?  Perhaps it gets hung up in the legal process or in the courts.  maybe the election is canceled while courts review it.  Anymore, I don't dismiss any possibility.  The courts are packed with righties now.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Just watched presidential historian John Meacham noting that while we have an electoral college, the electoral college doesn't have a clear enforcement mechanism.  He believes that Trump's most likely effort if fighting the election result would be to sue all of the 20-30 states where he lost, challenging the results on the grounds of mail fraud, voter fraud, etc.  He believes that all of that legal wrangling would take up months and by Jan 20, several would still be pending, and Trump could refuse to leave on the grounds that his case is still pending.  I tend to be fine with that because the constitution says his term flat out ends on 1/20 at noon.  Most likely, Miss Nancy will have been reelected and will still hold the Speakership, and she can then take over in the interim.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 pm

I am seriously thinking of buying a gun.  i have never fired, nor even held a real gun in my hands, but I am seriously thinking of buying the biggest fuckin' cannon I can.  You all think there are riots NOW, wait until that election is cancelled. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:42 am

Now the Cultists are saying "he trolled the MSM again and they fell for it." Now, you all know my feelings President Obama, but if Obama had "trolled the Right Wing media" as much as they have alleged that Trump has trolled the dreaded MSM, they would have had to double his secret service protection.

What needs to happen is that when there is a new president, whoever that may be, these jagoffs need to be called out every time they complain about something that the new president does that they let Trump slide on. Oh, he golfed once? How many times did Trump golf you fucking shiteater?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:58 pm

alohafri wrote:Now the Cultists are saying "he trolled the MSM again and they fell for it." Now, you all know my feelings President Obama, but if Obama had "trolled the Right Wing media" as much as they have alleged that Trump has trolled the dreaded MSM, they would have had to double his secret service protection.

What needs to happen is that when there is a new president, whoever that may be, these jagoffs need to be called out every time they complain about something that the new president does that they let Trump slide on. Oh, he golfed once? How many times did Trump golf you fucking shiteater?

You know that the MINUTE there's another president, all of the Trump misgivings will be forgotten and we'll be back to saying character matters and deficits matter and let's talk about the national debt and how dare the president tell a lie and let's delve into the personal sexual history of this new president.  It's funny how short the memories are.  

If Obama did 1/100th of any of this shit, the right would have burned DC to the fucking ground 25 times over by now.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:03 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Now the Cultists are saying "he trolled the MSM again and they fell for it." Now, you all know my feelings President Obama, but if Obama had "trolled the Right Wing media" as much as they have alleged that Trump has trolled the dreaded MSM, they would have had to double his secret service protection.

You know that the MINUTE there's another president, all of the Trump misgivings will be forgotten and we'll be back to saying character matters and deficits matter and let's talk about the national debt and how dare the president tell a lie and let's delve into the personal sexual history of this new president.  It's funny how short the memories are.  

If Obama did 1/100th of any of this shit, the right would have burned DC to the fucking ground 25 times over by now.

I take solace in knowing that Donald Trump will never be accepted by the most exclusive club, the "Former Presidents Club". Even if he somehow manages to avoid prison time, Carter, Bush, Obama, and Clinton will never be seen with him. I'm going on record now of predicting that no former president will attend the funeral of one Donald J. Trump.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:23 pm

Right now there are Republicans who are saying that this can't happen, 

Until they have to vote .. than the susan Collins' of the world will go party line - after all, she  is projected to lose as well so how can this hurt her  - same with Romney - vote on this, Romney will say = well, it was the right thing to do .. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:48 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I take solace in knowing that Donald Trump will never be accepted by the most exclusive club, the "Former Presidents Club". Even if he somehow manages to avoid prison time, Carter, Bush, Obama, and Clinton will never be seen with him. I'm going on record now of predicting that no former president will attend the funeral of one Donald J. Trump.

I honestly think Carter would, if Trump were to die today or tomorrow while Carter is still around.  I would also not be surprised if Obama went just to show everyone he's above the fray.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:54 pm

I honestly think Carter would, if Trump were to die today or tomorrow while Carter is still around.  I would also not be surprised if Obama went just to show everyone he's above the fray.

No Way ... in fact, No fucking way ...
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 pm

sharpy wrote:I honestly think Carter would, if Trump were to die today or tomorrow while Carter is still around.  I would also not be surprised if Obama went just to show everyone he's above the fray.

LOL.  You might be right, Tim.  I don't know.  I picture Carter going for sure, being an ACTUAL Christian, instead of a pretend one.  I can just see Obama going and saying it's the right thing to do, and not expounding any more than that.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I honestly think Carter would, if Trump were to die today or tomorrow while Carter is still around.  I would also not be surprised if Obama went just to show everyone he's above the fray.

LOL.  You might be right, Tim.  I don't know.  I picture Carter going for sure, being an ACTUAL Christian, instead of a pretend one.  I can just see Obama going and saying it's the right thing to do, and not expounding any more than that.

If Carter is still with us when Trump goes, I picture Carter coming up with a health excuse as a reason to not go. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm

I can just see Obama going and saying it's the right thing to do, and not expounding any more than that.

I get the sense that if Trump was on fire in front of Obama, he would disable the fire extinguisher and piss on trump, not to try and put the fire out ... but just to piss on trump ... 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:44 pm