Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Voting

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Voting Empty Voting

Post by alohafri Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:14 pm

It's the ultimate protest! Fucking quit rioting in the streets. Quit playing into his bullshit. Register to vote then get others to register then VOTE. If you do, you won't have to worry about Trump any more. All you dingbats are doing is motivating his base and possibly pulling others in with them.

You're welcome.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Voting Empty Re: Voting

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:02 am

alohafri wrote:It's the ultimate protest! Fucking quit rioting in the streets. Quit playing into his bullshit. Register to vote then get others to register then VOTE. If you do, you won't have to worry about Trump any more. All you dingbats are doing is motivating his base and possibly pulling others in with them.

You're welcome.

Aren't the protests about more than Trump?  Haven't we seen state legislation coming out of the protests, and local action?  I don't foresee the protests lasting through the election.  Trump's base isn't enough for him to win anything, and even with "others" (pre-2020), he still has never had more than 50% approval.  I'm not a fan of the rioting, but a lot of that isn't coming from the left, as we found out in Minnesota (in spite of Bill Barr announcing while the protest were going on that the rioters were Antifa).
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:14 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:It's the ultimate protest! Fucking quit rioting in the streets. Quit playing into his bullshit. Register to vote then get others to register then VOTE. If you do, you won't have to worry about Trump any more. All you dingbats are doing is motivating his base and possibly pulling others in with them.

You're welcome.

Aren't the protests about more than Trump?  Haven't we seen state legislation coming out of the protests, and local action?  I don't foresee the protests lasting through the election.  Trump's base isn't enough for him to win anything, and even with "others" (pre-2020), he still has never had more than 50% approval.  I'm not a fan of the rioting, but a lot of that isn't coming from the left, as we found out in Minnesota (in spite of Bill Barr announcing while the protest were going on that the rioters were Antifa).

It doesn't matter if they are about Trump. He is claiming "law and order" and that's the spin and people are believing it. Even some on the left are tired of the protests/riots/destruction of property. I realize that some of these are right induced, but that narrative isn't being pushed. 

Hell, they aren't even pushing Trump's dementia, nor the Russian bounty scheme. Makes me wonder if the media wants another four years of Trump for their ratings. How much free publicity did outlets like CNN and MSNBC give Trump leading up to 2016?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:22 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

It doesn't matter if they are about Trump. He is claiming "law and order" and that's the spin and people are believing it. Even some on the left are tired of the protests/riots/destruction of property. I realize that some of these are right induced, but that narrative isn't being pushed. 

Hell, they aren't even pushing Trump's dementia, nor the Russian bounty scheme. Makes me wonder if the media wants another four years of Trump for their ratings. How much free publicity did outlets like CNN and MSNBC give Trump leading up to 2016?

I hear/see the dementia thing everyday, multiple times.  That's all over the place.  The bounty thing is horrific, and the only person I see bringing it up every single day is Tammy Duckworth.  She has  daily tally.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:22 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

I hear/see the dementia thing everyday, multiple times.  That's all over the place.  The bounty thing is horrific, and the only person I see bringing it up every single day is Tammy Duckworth.  She has  daily tally.

Who in the main stream media is bringing up concerns about his mental health?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:14 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

Define "main stream media".
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:17 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

I've heard it suggested for years all over the media.  Some are more clear-worded than others.   Some dance around it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:07 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, Chicago Tribune, NYT, LA Times, anything that isn't written by a blogger with questionable resources.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:59 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, Chicago Tribune, NYT, LA Times, anything that isn't written by a blogger with questionable resources.

Not sure why you listed Fox, but not MSNBC.  But, regardless, the reason I asked is because the phrase itself could be debated as much as one argues that the MVP isn't the best player, but the player who is most valuable to the team.  I have always considered main stream to mean number of viewers or readers, which is why I have found it quite amusing when all the Fox people bragged that they had the best ratings of any cable news, yet would always slam the main street media.  Dude, if you're #1, YOU'RE IN THE MAIN STREAM.

I will interpret the definition to be those journalists, networks, or publications that are generally regarded as legitimate.  And it will not surprise you that I don't watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or FOX, and I don't read the Tribune, the NY Times, or the LA Times.  I'm watching more MSNBC than I used to due to sports being put on hold, although I take my ambien around 5:00 p.m., so tend to see the late afternoon lineup more than the evening.  I get the bulk of my news on-line, so it's usually from multiple sources.  The only news website that I pull up directly is the Daily Herald.  Everything else I read is a story that's linked from Yahoo (I know, I may be the last person who uses yahoo rather than google), so they really come from many legitimate sources.  The Hill, Politico, Fox, Business Insider, Axios, NPR, Associated Press, Vanity Fair, etc.  The NY Times, Washington Post, and others require a subscription to read, so I don't get much from either of those sites.  Rolling Stone actually has great political coverage.  I also do get **some** mainstream coverage via Twitter, because I follow quite a few reporters who are in the White House Press Corp.  Yamiche Alcindor from PBS, Jim Acosta, Omar Jimenez and Kaitlan Collins from CNN, Weijia Jiang and Paula Reid from CBS, Peter Alexander from NBC.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:26 pm

In addition to your list, Pam, I like The Atlantic and Fortune.  I'm kind of like you.  I don't read must of NYT or Wapo, since I'm hesitant to subscribe.  I read whatever I can find that is free and that I trust.  Rolling Stone goes heavy in-depth on what they cover.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:33 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:In addition to your list, Pam, I like The Atlantic and Fortune.  I'm kind of like you.  I don't read must of NYT or Wapo, since I'm hesitant to subscribe.  I read whatever I can find that is free and that I trust.  Rolling Stone goes heavy in-depth on what they cover.

I thought you had to pay The Atlantic.  Or do you have a limited number of free articles?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:27 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:In addition to your list, Pam, I like The Atlantic and Fortune.  I'm kind of like you.  I don't read must of NYT or Wapo, since I'm hesitant to subscribe.  I read whatever I can find that is free and that I trust.  Rolling Stone goes heavy in-depth on what they cover.

I thought you had to pay The Atlantic.  Or do you have a limited number of free articles?

Not sure.  I read Atlantic articles all the time.  Haven't been asked to pay.  Maybe I'm not reading enough of them to be asked.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:55 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're welcome.

Not sure why you listed Fox, but not MSNBC.  But, regardless, the reason I asked is because the phrase itself could be debated as much as one argues that the MVP isn't the best player, but the player who is most valuable to the team.  I have always considered main stream to mean number of viewers or readers, which is why I have found it quite amusing when all the Fox people bragged that they had the best ratings of any cable news, yet would always slam the main street media.  Dude, if you're #1, YOU'RE IN THE MAIN STREAM.

I will interpret the definition to be those journalists, networks, or publications that are generally regarded as legitimate.  And it will not surprise you that I don't watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or FOX, and I don't read the Tribune, the NY Times, or the LA Times.  I'm watching more MSNBC than I used to due to sports being put on hold, although I take my ambien around 5:00 p.m., so tend to see the late afternoon lineup more than the evening.  I get the bulk of my news on-line, so it's usually from multiple sources.  The only news website that I pull up directly is the Daily Herald.  Everything else I read is a story that's linked from Yahoo (I know, I may be the last person who uses yahoo rather than google), so they really come from many legitimate sources.  The Hill, Politico, Fox, Business Insider, Axios, NPR, Associated Press, Vanity Fair, etc.  The NY Times, Washington Post, and others require a subscription to read, so I don't get much from either of those sites.  Rolling Stone actually has great political coverage.  I also do get **some** mainstream coverage via Twitter, because I follow quite a few reporters who are in the White House Press Corp.  Yamiche Alcindor from PBS, Jim Acosta, Omar Jimenez and Kaitlan Collins from CNN, Weijia Jiang and Paula Reid from CBS, Peter Alexander from NBC.

An overlook. Typing NBC tricked me into thinking I also typed in MSNBC. 

Here's my thought and this is a hill I will die on: Those who complain about the dreaded mainstream media don't like that their chosen candidate or chosen party doesn't get cheer leading on any certain network. Granted, I hear more of this from the far right, but I've also heard it from the far left "Bernie Bros." It's not the mainstream media they hate, it's the fact that the media doesn't talk in glowing terms of their party. Any time a network presents facts that go against the populist extreme's beliefs, it's "fake news". But naturally, their "real" news is news that is backed up with opinions, not facts. Apparently a ton of similar opinions equals fact in some parts of the world.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:35 pm

In my opinion the only true news let in this country is where it was originally found - in the newspapers!. Chicago trib, NY Times, Washington Post, Guardian.. the newspaper = where journalistic ethics and getting to the truth still matters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:09 pm