Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

101 Empty 101

Post by jaywit Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 am

Is it crazy to have some hope for the Sox this year?  They pencil out to have a decent offense and Kopech hits 101mph in his first inning since his surgery.  I might have to get the baseball package.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

101 Empty Re: 101

Post by alohafri Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:28 am

jaywit wrote:Is it crazy to have some hope for the Sox this year?  They pencil out to have a decent offense and Kopech hits 101mph in his first inning since his surgery.  I might have to get the baseball package.

A perfect inning to boot.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Putting a lot of faith in guys who have yet to really prove themselves at the big league level. Hope their faith proves worth it b/c if it does, the will be good .. if they are like a lot rookies, lets hope for .500
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:10 pm

sharpy wrote:Putting a lot of faith in guys who have yet to really prove themselves at the big league level. Hope their faith proves worth it b/c if it does, the will be good .. if they are like a lot rookies, lets hope for .500

I don't think it's a stretch to expect some big things from Robert in CF and to expect Madrigal to at least look decent.  Not sure what to expect out of this pitching staff.  Giolito is somewhat reliable, maybe, but Lopez and Cease are just giant question marks for me, and Kopech will probably have some great games and some horrible outings.  Feels to me like the pitching is what's going to make or break them, but I doubt I'm saying anything we didn't already suspect.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Putting a lot of faith in guys who have yet to really prove themselves at the big league level. Hope their faith proves worth it b/c if it does, the will be good .. if they are like a lot rookies, lets hope for .500

I don't think it's a stretch to expect some big things from Robert in CF and to expect Madrigal to at least look decent.  Not sure what to expect out of this pitching staff.  Giolito is somewhat reliable, maybe, but Lopez and Cease are just giant question marks for me, and Kopech will probably have some great games and some horrible outings.  Feels to me like the pitching is what's going to make or break them, but I doubt I'm saying anything we didn't already suspect.
    Anderson will be on every team's radar and it will be interesting to see how he responds.  It's an interesting core of young players with some real promise plus some established players:  Anderson, Moncada, Jiminez, Grandal, Mazara, Abreu.  Encarnacion still has some pop in his bat.  If Robert has a slow start, this team could carry him for awhile.  

If they play games...
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 pm

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Anderson will be on every team's radar and it will be interesting to see how he responds.  It's an interesting core of young players with some real promise plus some established players:  Anderson, Moncada, Jiminez, Grandal, Mazara, Abreu.  Encarnacion still has some pop in his bat.  If Robert has a slow start, this team could carry him for awhile.  

If they play games...

Kinda figuring on a 6 week delay to the season's beginning.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Game 7 world series on Thanksgiving.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:43 pm

cream919 wrote:Game 7 world series on Thanksgiving.
    Beats watching the Lions or Cowboys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:41 am