Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

As you wish!

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

As you wish! Empty As you wish!

Post by alohafri Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 am

Miscellaneous Crap for miscellaneous crap. Smile
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

As you wish! Empty Re: As you wish!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:07 pm

alohafri wrote:Miscellaneous Crap for miscellaneous crap. Smile

Thank ya kindly!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Now we gotta think about some random shit for this page.  

I just watched two great movies in the last couple of weeks.

Jojo Rabbit - absolutely sensational movie about Nazi Germany, done as a darkly satirical comedy.  Hard to fathom but great movie with a lot of great laughs and great actors.  

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - My favorite Tarantino movie by far.  3 hrs long but felt like 90 mins because of how engaging and engrossing it was.  

Can't wait to see 1917.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Now we gotta think about some random shit for this page.  

I just watched two great movies in the last couple of weeks.

Jojo Rabbit - absolutely sensational movie about Nazi Germany, done as a darkly satirical comedy.  Hard to fathom but great movie with a lot of great laughs and great actors.  

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - My favorite Tarantino movie by far.  3 hrs long but felt like 90 mins because of how engaging and engrossing it was.  

Can't wait to see 1917.

Hey, we have a board for that..."Hollywood Tonight". 

My daughter rented Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and we got it for two days, I think, but between her watching and my husband watching, time expired before I could watch it.  Side story...Gab sends me a screen shot of a text between her and her boyfriend Ronnie where he's recommending the movie.  He tells her he liked it, and she says "should I try to fine it illegally online?" and Ronnie says "of course.  But first research the Manson murders a bit.  Makes the movie a lot better. "  Gab says "Oh, listen.  My mom raised me watching every single Manson documentary that exists.  Helter Skelter bitch".  Then she asks me "has he met us?"  And the thing is, she ain't wrong.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I watch a Manson documentary at least once a week.

I flipped on WCPT on my way to work the other day, and Andrea Darlis was filling in for Joan Esposito and they were talking about which movies they liked, and she said JoJo Rabbit.  I'd never heard of it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm

You will love JoJo Rabbit.  You'll like it so much you'll thank me for the tip.  It's fantastic.  I mean, if you can make a comedy about the Holocaust and people can actually laugh throughout it, you've accomplished something.  

My goofy inlaws, who are a bit oblivious to the world, watched all of "Once Upon a Time..." and said they liked it, but the fact that the Manson crimes were sort of woven into the story was completely lost on them.  they had no idea that was THE Sharon Tate and that was THE Charles Manson.  I mean, it's pretty obvious in the movie.  Complete goofballs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:12 pm