Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+5
joepoe
Fanboy For Life
cream919
alohafri
s0ch0a
9 posters

Rebuild

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Rebuild - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebuild

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 am

cream919 wrote:I get the "rebuild" and all that but, man, these games are painful to watch. I'm good for about an inning or two and then fuck it. I just hope that after all is said and done it's been worth it.

Worth it? Is it worth it to sit through Jim Cantore to hope to get a shot down Stephanie Abram's blouse?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Was at the Giolito game and actually thought he pitched quite well - twins did not get a lot of good swings on him, and in fact, other than the HRs, can't think of another ball hit hard off of him. For a first start, I see our future 2 or 3 starter, and with a little seasoning, may turn into a 1.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:08 am

Agree with you, Tim.  Jitters may have affected his curve ball control and command, but he looked to have very nice stuff.  I was impressed.
    Nomads44
    Nomads44
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Nomads44 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:51 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Agree with you, Tim.  Jitters may have affected his curve ball control and command, but he looked to have very nice stuff.  I was impressed.

I agree with each of you.  But I cannot get up for Fulmer, even when they drafted him and especially watching last year's struggles.  Maybe he will be a late bloomer, but I would not want to have to count on him the next few years.  May be a prime trade item to pick up a needed player later on.

I like Giolito, Kopech, Rodon, Hansen and Spencer Adams as our starters to get the second year of the rebuild off to a great start.  People are speaking maybe in terms of 2019, but I think they will be pretty good by mid season next year.

I love Engel's CF defense, but Leury may have or soon will move ahead of him until Blake Rutherford is ready.  Eloy Jimenez seems almost ready already.  Been a fun club to watch this year.  I figured I would be watching mostly Cubs and Cards this year but these young kids are fun to watch, mistakes and all. 

Future seems pretty bright.  Some of us were clamoring for this approach more than a decade ago.  Then 2005 happened and Kenny got a little cocky.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:10 am