Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

the past is the future?

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

the past is the future? Empty the past is the future?

Post by sharpy Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Are the 2016 Cubs going to end up being the 1985 Bears?  Giant underachievers?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

the past is the future? Empty Re: the past is the future?

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:15 am

I'd say it's a bit early for that. They have enough of a nucleus to reach the postseason for years to come if they make some shrewd moves, along with a bit of luck. We'll see how they handle this offseason reckoning that awaits.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:40 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'd say it's a bit early for that. They have enough of a nucleus to reach the postseason for years to come if they make some shrewd moves, along with a bit of luck.  We'll see how they handle this offseason reckoning that awaits.

My guess is that next year will see a new manager and someone like Kris Bryant or Kyle Schwarber wearing a different uniform. And if they bring in someone like "Grandpa Rossy" as rumored, it could be a season slightly worse than this one.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:13 pm

I thought they screwed up by not trading Schwarber a couple of seasons ago when his value was high and when it was clear he didn't really play a NL position.  He'd have been an obvious DH for an AL team.  Now he's a solid offensive player, but you're not going to get a game changer for him.  I'd be fine with the Sox trading for him to be their DH if they can do it without giving up any of what is considered the current nucleus.  They definitely need some lefty power.  He's going to finish this year as a 2.0 WAR player, which is pretty similar to Abreu's value.  Can Schwarber play 1st base?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:45 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I thought they screwed up by not trading Schwarber a couple of seasons ago when his value was high and when it was clear he didn't really play a NL position.  He'd have been an obvious DH for an AL team.  Now he's a solid offensive player, but you're not going to get a game changer for him.  I'd be fine with the Sox trading for him to be their DH if they can do it without giving up any of what is considered the current nucleus.  They definitely need some lefty power.  He's going to finish this year as a 2.0 WAR player, which is pretty similar to Abreu's value.  Can Schwarber play 1st base?

Haven't you had enough of NL power hitters coming to the Sox and sucking?   Dunn and Frazier ring a bell?  In fact, are there any NL sluggers who come to the NL and make any kind of impact?  Even Pujols went downhill when he came to the NL.  On the other hand, Mike Moustaskas who was an average AL player, is now a star with the Brewers.  Keep Schwarber away from the Sox ….AND MADDEN !...
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Fine. No Schwarber. I just figured he's better than any Sox lefty. But yes, players don't usually fare as well when they come to the AL.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm

cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:50 pm

I'd be fine with the Sox trading for him to be their DH if they can do it 

****************************************************************************************

And give up Danny Palka????  Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content