Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Cease and desist

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Cease and desist  Empty Cease and desist

Post by sharpy Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Not a pitcher but geez, does this guy have ANY idea where his pitches are going to end up when he throws them?  He doesn't seem to have any command of his pitches or control as to where they go - sure, one or two pitches per hitter are perfect, but you can bet 2-3 times in at bat he is grooving either his fastball or hanging his curve over the plate. He can get away with crap like that in AAA, but major league hitters are going to chew him up

Last edited by sharpy on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Cease and desist  Empty Re: Cease and desist

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:26 pm

I've been thinking the same thing, Tim.  Reminds me of what I see at the travel baseball level where kids just rear back and fire and hope it's in the strike zone.  At least one pitch per at bat seems to miss the catcher's mitt by 2 or 3 feet.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:32 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I've been thinking the same thing, Tim.  Reminds me of what I see at the travel baseball level where kids just rear back and fire and hope it's in the strike zone.  At least one pitch per at bat seems to miss the catcher's mitt by 2 or 3 feet.

Oh I know ..when my kid traveled in high school he would catch this one kid and I noticed he never gave him a target. I asked him after one game what gives?  Why no target when he is pitching. My kid said - "he can't hit the target. He just throws it. I just told him he should just try and hit my body and that would be good enough"....LOL ..I can see McCann telling Cease the same thing ..
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Another Don Cooper special. Relax....he'll be having Tommy John by the end of next year. Is Kopech coming back? Is Rodan even still on the team? Remember when the White Sox young prospects were being touted like the next 1971 Orioles??  Rolling Eyes
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 am

Lucas Giolito was the worst pitcher in baseball last year. I'm giving Cease more time to develop...and he's already had Tommy John. He'll be fine.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 am

Agreed, Kevin. Cease has some raw skill for sure. His curve is murder. He appears to have a better idea where his curve is headed than his fastball. Prob needs to stop flinging the fastball and start spotting it better...if that's possible.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Agreed, Kevin. Cease has some raw skill for sure. His curve is murder.  He appears to have a better idea where his curve is headed than his fastball.  Prob needs to stop flinging the fastball and start spotting it better...if that's possible.

I'm glad they are keeping him up instead of fucking with him like they have done with Fulmer. That son of a bitch doesn't know whether he's coming or going. When Rodon went down, they should have said, "Okay kid, this is yours until the end of the year. Let's see what you got."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:09 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Agreed, Kevin. Cease has some raw skill for sure. His curve is murder.  He appears to have a better idea where his curve is headed than his fastball.  Prob needs to stop flinging the fastball and start spotting it better...if that's possible.

I'm glad they are keeping him up instead of fucking with him like they have done with Fulmer. That son of a bitch doesn't know whether he's coming or going. When Rodon went down, they should have said, "Okay kid, this is yours until the end of the year. Let's see what you got."

Yeah, I'm fine with watching some raw dude try developing right now.  Winning at this point is pretty meaningless and will only lessen their draft slot.  Hard to imagine Fulmer will amount to anything, but keep putting him out there and maybe he finds the magic formula.  He didn't have a great college career by accident.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yeah, I'm fine with watching some raw dude try developing right now.  Winning at this point is pretty meaningless and will only lessen their draft slot.  Hard to imagine Fulmer will amount to anything, but keep putting him out there and maybe he finds the magic formula.  He didn't have a great college career by accident.

Exactly. This team won't even be close to a third wild card, if there was such a thing. If Fulmer finds it, we're the better for it. If he doesn't, I think he has a college degree he can fall back on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm