Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
jaywit
blondy28
6 posters

Tulsi Gabbard

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Tulsi Gabbard Empty Tulsi Gabbard

Post by blondy28 Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Jay, your gal was on Bill Maher tonight.  It's the first time I've ever seen/heard her speak, and I gotta say, I don't see what Rob doesn't like about the way she speaks.  I actually didn't dislike her at all.  I thought she was a bit disingenuous in not answering one of Bill's questions...and I can't even recall what it was, but what she said is different than what she's tweeted.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Tulsi Gabbard Empty Re: Tulsi Gabbard

Post by jaywit Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:55 am

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't know she was on Maher.  Glad she was.  I pulled up the interview on YouTube and I didn't catch a discrepancy in what she said there compared to what she's tweeted.  Maybe I missed something and would like to know where you've found the disingenuity.  She's still my candidate. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:54 pm

She seemed very relaxed on Maher. Very calm and speaking easily. I thought she seemed like a deer in the headlights in the debates the other night. I just want the most capable candidate for beating the current bag of shit. If that's Tulsi, fine by me.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Tulsi Gabbard Empty The Pope on DMZ Meeting

Post by alohafri Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:45 am

“In the last few hours we saw in Korea a good example of the ‘culture of encounter,’” the pope said, referring to one of his central teachings about the need to reach across physical and political boundaries to build friendships with others. 
    “I salute the protagonists, with a prayer that such a significant gesture will be a further step on the road to peace, not only on that peninsula, but for the good of the entire world,” Francis continued, according to Reuters.

This, of course, was reported as "The Pope praises Trump for his meeting in North Korea yesterday..." on Fox.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:17 pm

This, of course, was reported as "The Pope praises Trump for his meeting in North Korea yesterday..." on Fox.

Kinda does sound like he is praising him ..I guess it bothers me when anyone (and not just the pope, but anyone) ignores completely the history of a person b/c he did one right thing. So is everyone supposed to be all nice and happy about Kim - the mass murdering, brother and family killing Kim, said Hello to the woman hating, racist and bigoted orange toad who also just walked over a border and shook a hand?   All of their past indiscretions can now be overlooked b/c they said "Hi"? 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 am

sharpy wrote:This, of course, was reported as "The Pope praises Trump for his meeting in North Korea yesterday..." on Fox.

Kinda does sound like he is praising him ..I guess it bothers me when anyone (and not just the pope, but anyone) ignores completely the history of a person b/c he did one right thing. So is everyone supposed to be all nice and happy about Kim - the mass murdering, brother and family killing Kim, said Hello to the woman hating, racist and bigoted orange toad who also just walked over a border and shook a hand?   All of their past indiscretions can now be overlooked b/c they said "Hi"? 

I don't think it's praising him. I think it's praising two knuckleheads for MAYBE making the effort, looking for some kernel of hope.

And no, I don't think you have to overlook all their past indiscretions. But even most bad people are capable of some good.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:53 am

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:This, of course, was reported as "The Pope praises Trump for his meeting in North Korea yesterday..." on Fox.

I don't think it's praising him. I think it's praising two knuckleheads for MAYBE making the effort, looking for some kernel of hope.

And no, I don't think you have to overlook all their past indiscretions. But even most bad people are capable of some good.
    Having a dialogue can be a good thing but it depends on what's in the dialogue.  I have no hope that the dialogue between these two will amount to anything productive or increase the likelihood of lasting peace.  I doubt that Otto Warmbier, a US citizen who died at the hands of Kim, ever crossed Trumps feeble mind.  I have no doubt Trump will give himself a huge amount of credit for little accomplishment.  
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:05 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:She seemed very relaxed on Maher. Very calm and speaking easily. I thought she seemed like a deer in the headlights in the debates the other night.  I just want the most capable candidate for beating the current bag of shit.  If that's Tulsi, fine by me.
    She looked uncomfortable for the first hour, looked quite composed for the second hour and handled well the only question of the night directed to one specific candidate in an effort to smear, that being the LGBTQ issue.  I think some people are likely less comfortable talking over other people.

I'd love the rules of the debate to be strictly enforced.  That is, each candidate has their mic turned on for their two minutes answer, their 30 second rebuttals, etc, and the mic gets turned off when time expires.  The caveat I see to that, however, was the lack of engineering capabilities displayed by NBC on the first night.  How the fuck can the sound system get so screwed up on live TV during primetime?  Someone must have lost their job for that.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:45 pm

But even most bad people are capable of some good.

It seems in our society we take good people who do one bad thing and toss them out like dog shit, but the bad people, who do ONE good thing, often self serving, seem to hang around in our fantasy world forever. Kind of don't get that really.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:51 pm

It seems in our society we take good people who do one bad thing and toss them out like dog shit, but the bad people, who do ONE good thing, often self serving, seem to hang around in our fantasy world forever. Kind of don't get that really.

Absolutely true! Couldn't agree more. It's mind-boggling. 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:51 pm

jaywit wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't know she was on Maher.  Glad she was.  I pulled up the interview on YouTube and I didn't catch a discrepancy in what she said there compared to what she's tweeted.  Maybe I missed something and would like to know where you've found the disingenuity.  She's still my candidate. 

Had to re-watch the Maher interview to refresh my memory about what rubbed me the wrong way.  When Maher was talking about Trump and Putin laughing at the summit and making jokes about interfering in our elections, I thought she might have mentioned at that time that she believes that Mueller exonerated Trump.  Her response was to talk about her legislation...which I'm in favor of...but it seemed like she wasn't going to "go there" about her opinion that Trump and his campaign did NOT conspire to interfere with our election.  I get it.  I get that you alter your answers based upon the audience you're speaking to, and maybe Tulsi knows that her full exoneration of Trump pronouncements wasn't going to go over well in that venue, so she just let it slide and changed the subject. I went back to what she said on Twitter to make sure I remembered it correctly.  She said “...Now that Mueller has reported that his investigation revealed no such collusion, we all need to put aside our partisan interests and recognize that finding that the president of the United States did not conspire with Russia to interfere with our elections is a good thing for our country,”  I find that statement troubling for several reasons.  First, she made that statement after Barr released his "summary" of the Mueller report.  By any objective measure, Barr is a partisan hack who has made a career out of protecting people in his party from suffering consequences for their actions.  Further, Mueller did not say that Trump and/or his campaign "did not conspire with Russia to interfere with our elections."  Mueller's report said "...the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its interference activities."  Nothing in the Mueller Report exonerates Trump or his campaign.  I watch far too much true crime on TV, including shows with cold cases that are being revisited, and the authorities often know who committed the crime, but they don't have enough to secure a conviction.  An exoneration, for example, would be if suddenly some surveillance of the crime lands in your lap, and you see the crime being committed and you can come out and say that XYZ is INNOCENT of the crime.  Mueller did not say that Trump "did not conspire with Russia to interfere with our elections".  So is Tulsi simply not smart enough to identify that Mueller didn't say anything that exonerates Trump?  Or does she totally get it but she simply wants to put herself out there as a "uniter", and if setting herself apart from the other 20 candidates means she has to pretend that Mueller's report exonerated Trump when she knows very well it does not, then perhaps her portraying herself that way is a very well considered campaign strategy.   I would have to think it's the latter, because if it's the former, she'd have to be a virtual moron or Fox News cultist, and I did not get the impression that she's either of those things.  When Mueller gave his brief press conference after his letter to Barr about Barr's mischaracterization of the Mueller report became public, Mueller spoke about choosing his words very carefully in that report, and a lot of the talking heads zeroed in on the obstruction portion, but Mueller certainly chose every word of that report very carefully.  "..the investigation did not establish..." is not "Trump and his campaign are innocent victims of a democratic witch hunt".  I just don't see that "uniter not a divider" thing has worked for decades, and I can't imagine it will work for her.  As I said, I didn't find her particularly difficult to listen to.  On the contrary, I found her to be an engaging speaker.  I just hope that the GOP hasn't put one over on her.  It's very unlikely that I would vote for her in a primary, but if she got the nomination, I could easily vote for her.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:20 pm

I would vote for a fire hydrant over Trump..,or Tulsi, or anyone.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:50 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I would vote for a fire hydrant over Trump..,or Tulsi, or anyone.

Yeah, he's set the bar very low.  The airport thing.  Wow.  You have to wonder if his staff is just fucking with him because he's such a moron.  And you gotta figure that any of the people who attended that shit show didn't even notice the gaffe.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:49 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I would vote for a fire hydrant over Trump..,or Tulsi, or anyone.

Yeah, he's set the bar very low.  The airport thing.  Wow.  You have to wonder if his staff is just fucking with him because he's such a moron.  And you gotta figure that any of the people who attended that shit show didn't even notice the gaffe.

It's likely Trump is unaware that anything was wrong with the Revolutionary War/airport comments.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 pm

It was raining and fucked up his teleprompter you unpatriotic snowflake.  Mad
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:57 am

sharpy wrote:But even most bad people are capable of some good.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank.

Are there exceptions? Yes...Ted Bundy for one.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

It's likely Trump is unaware that anything was wrong with the Revolutionary War/airport comments.

At least he didn't comment on Lincoln's secret nuclear missile program. THAT would have blown the minds of the Deep State that he let that secret out!
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am

I'd scrape the salt from dried dog piss off the fire hydrant and use that for seasoning before I'd vote for that would-be Mussolini.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Other than the deserved jeers, I didn't hear any more about this.  Someone wrote that speech for him.  Was it ever revealed who did so?  

In 5th grade I remember working on a class report, being divided into groups of 4 and everyone in the group was to do their share of work and then present it to the class.  One of the 4 didn't do shit and we purposely wrote his part of the presentation with obvious erroneous information.  I can't remember whether or not that was Trump in my class.  He would have been held back about 12 years if it was but that seems right given what I hear from him.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:19 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't know she was on Maher.  Glad she was.  I pulled up the interview on YouTube and I didn't catch a discrepancy in what she said there compared to what she's tweeted.  Maybe I missed something and would like to know where you've found the disingenuity.  She's still my candidate. 

Had to re-watch the Maher interview to refresh my memory about what rubbed me the wrong way.  When Maher was talking about Trump and Putin laughing at the summit and making jokes about interfering in our elections, I thought she might have mentioned at that time that she believes that Mueller exonerated Trump.  Her response was to talk about her legislation...which I'm in favor of...but it seemed like she wasn't going to "go there" about her opinion that Trump and his campaign did NOT conspire to interfere with our election.  I get it.  I get that you alter your answers based upon the audience you're speaking to, and maybe Tulsi knows that her full exoneration of Trump pronouncements wasn't going to go over well in that venue, so she just let it slide and changed the subject. I went back to what she said on Twitter to make sure I remembered it correctly.  She said “...Now that Mueller has reported that his investigation revealed no such collusion, we all need to put aside our partisan interests and recognize that finding that the president of the United States did not conspire with Russia to interfere with our elections is a good thing for our country,”  I find that statement troubling for several reasons.  First, she made that statement after Barr released his "summary" of the Mueller report.  By any objective measure, Barr is a partisan hack who has made a career out of protecting people in his party from suffering consequences for their actions.  Further, Mueller did not say that Trump and/or his campaign "did not conspire with Russia to interfere with our elections."  Mueller's report said "...the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its interference activities."  Nothing in the Mueller Report exonerates Trump or his campaign.  I watch far too much true crime on TV, including shows with cold cases that are being revisited, and the authorities often know who committed the crime, but they don't have enough to secure a conviction.  An exoneration, for example, would be if suddenly some surveillance of the crime lands in your lap, and you see the crime being committed and you can come out and say that XYZ is INNOCENT of the crime.  Mueller did not say that Trump "did not conspire with Russia to interfere with our elections".  So is Tulsi simply not smart enough to identify that Mueller didn't say anything that exonerates Trump?  Or does she totally get it but she simply wants to put herself out there as a "uniter", and if setting herself apart from the other 20 candidates means she has to pretend that Mueller's report exonerated Trump when she knows very well it does not, then perhaps her portraying herself that way is a very well considered campaign strategy.   I would have to think it's the latter, because if it's the former, she'd have to be a virtual moron or Fox News cultist, and I did not get the impression that she's either of those things.  When Mueller gave his brief press conference after his letter to Barr about Barr's mischaracterization of the Mueller report became public, Mueller spoke about choosing his words very carefully in that report, and a lot of the talking heads zeroed in on the obstruction portion, but Mueller certainly chose every word of that report very carefully.  "..the investigation did not establish..." is not "Trump and his campaign are innocent victims of a democratic witch hunt".  I just don't see that "uniter not a divider" thing has worked for decades, and I can't imagine it will work for her.  As I said, I didn't find her particularly difficult to listen to.  On the contrary, I found her to be an engaging speaker.  I just hope that the GOP hasn't put one over on her.  It's very unlikely that I would vote for her in a primary, but if she got the nomination, I could easily vote for her.
    I think it's the latter as well.  In other statements, she as indicated a concern for the growing civic divide in the country and feels the better way to rid the country of Trump is through an election than through an impeachment.  I can see her point but no matter what way Trump goes, he's going to go kicking and screaming.  In 2020, if Trump loses in a close election I don't see him conceding.  Even in a landslide loss, he won't go quietly.

In a political viewpoint, I believe Tulsi sees that proceeding with a successful impeachment will result in a senate loss, a big victory for Trump and republicans whose base will be even more invigorated.

AS for the candidacy, I still support her for her foreign policies and unending criticism of US military intervention.  That is what separates her from the rest other than Bernie.  Her ability to reach across the aisle is better than Bernie's.  The domestic policies among the candidates have relatively small differences and I think trying to "out-left" the others will come back to bite whoever the candidate is.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 pm

In 2020, if Trump loses in a close election I don't see him conceding.  Even in a landslide loss, he won't go quietly.

Completely agree - if the election is actually on the up and up, which I am not sure of, I easily see him stating the election was rigged by the dems, that the vote was a fraud, and he is not leaving until he is convinced it was all true - and he has the military and policeman in his corner, so just try and get me out. The purpose of a dictator having a military parade is not to get his jollies playing with tanks, its to make sure the people he is ruling know his military power and that rebellion is useless. That's the reason for the military parade. I found it interesting, and hopeful, that not one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff were at the july 4th rally .. 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm

He automatically loses his power on the date the winner assumes the office...he has power over nothing at that point.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:30 pm

My husband has weighed in.  He walked in the room and pointed at Tulsi Gabbard and said "who's that"?  I told him who it was and he said "she's hot...she should be president."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:28 am

There are endless reports that Gabbard is being used by Russia and the right as a plant to disrupt Dem chances, similar to how Russia spent millions on Jill Stein. If Gabbard declares as an independent, that might be a sign. Have seen endless comments on Twitter about how if you make negative Tulsi comments, you get blasted by Russian trolls and bots.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:38 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:There are endless reports that Gabbard is being used by Russia and the right as a plant to disrupt Dem chances, similar to how Russia spent millions on Jill Stein.  If Gabbard declares as an independent, that might be a sign.  Have seen endless comments on Twitter about how if you make negative Tulsi comments, you get blasted by Russian trolls and bots.

Is this with her knowledge and consent? If so, is this not a treasonous offense? 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 am