Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Winey Fans

telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Winey Fans Empty Winey Fans

Post by telefrank Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:39 am

I was at a SFOD meeting when I asked this question. Let's see how this group responds.

Are Sox fans winey pain in the asses ? Do they complain about every decision the team makes? Do they feel that every player in a Sox uniform is worthless? Cause it sure seems that way sometimes. 

Oh and there was no real answer given from the SFOD folks they just laughed and said nothing. Too close to home maybe ? 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Winey Fans Empty Re: Winey Fans

Post by alohafri Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:13 pm

telefrank wrote:I was at a SFOD meeting when I asked this question. Let's see how this group responds.

Are Sox fans winey pain in the asses ? Do they complain about every decision the team makes? Do they feel that every player in a Sox uniform is worthless? Cause it sure seems that way sometimes. 

Oh and there was no real answer given from the SFOD folks they just laughed and said nothing. Too close to home maybe ? 

I think it's kinda the opposite. Sox fans have become whiney, they've become the Cub fans we used to make fun of. They actually overvalue their players, and then get pissed off when they don't turn in to a Hall of Famer in their first year.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Interesting 21 views and one reply. I guess we're the silent type or as I wrote before maybe the thought is too close to home. 
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:43 pm

alohafri wrote:
    I think it's kinda the opposite. Sox fans have become whiney, they've become the Cub fans we used to make fun of. They actually overvalue their players, and then get pissed off when they don't turn in to a Hall of Famer in their first year.

Are you thinking of the "Win Now" Kenny Williams players? They were always sold as just what the team needed to reach the top. Other than that I don't see much HOF talk. Exceptions being Moncada, Kopeck and now Jimenez. And only one of them has played an entire season. The only Chicago's National League Baseball Team (Boy haven't typed that in awhile!) fans I use to laugh at were the ones who didn't care about the quality of the baseball in front of them. Oh, and the "diehards" who think Santo is still playing and haven't been to a game since he was. 

If I maybe allowed to go off on a tangent. As many of you know I grew up walking distance from Wrigley. My Dad's tavern was on Clark St. near Belmont. I was around the Lakeview a lot as a kid. My son now lives near Broadway and Diversey. Best way for me to get there is down Clark St. past the park. It looks nothing like the neighborhood of my youth. There is a five or six story office next to the park over where the train tracks use to be. They are building on the south east side of Addison something that is way out of scale for the area. The few bars that were there are pretty much continual from Addison to Sheffield. The small stores and manufacturing companies that were there are gone replace by liquor licenses. The park is slowly getting squeezed. Progress? I don't know I miss the old neighborhood and the ability to if I felt like a ball game and the Sox weren't in town I could always get into the bleachers to watch whichever team the National League had sent to beat up on Chicago's National League Baseball Team. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

I think that Sox fans have lived thru Reinsdorf. Veeck, and the Allen's and have a negative viewpoint about what this organization does b/c history has told us, it will turn out negative.  I don't think we think every player is worthless, but again, how many Harry Chappek's, BB Richards, Ken Kravecs, bart johnsons, Carlos Mays, Yoan Moncados do we have to experience before we stop thinking any prospect is just going to turn out like Beckham? But sox fans have always given players the benefit of the doubt. Remember the "Norton Syndrome" - where every Sox player is a budding All-Star b/c he had one good year in the minors and maybe a good couple of weeks in the majors, when the rest of his history dictates he will suck royally? .. 
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 pm

telefrank wrote:I was at a SFOD meeting when I asked this question. Let's see how this group responds.

Are Sox fans winey pain in the asses ?
    Yes.  And to prove it I'll correct your spelling of the whiny.

Do they complain about every decision the team makes?
    Yes.  And we're right 99% of the time.
    Do they feel that every player in a Sox uniform is worthless?
    Yes.  And we're right 97% of the time.  That's still an A in my book.  I whine and I'm a proud Sox fan. 

Cause it sure seems that way sometimes. 

telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:58 pm

sharpy wrote:Are Sox fans winey pain in the asses ? Do they complain about every decision the team makes? Do they feel that every player in a Sox uniform is worthless? Cause it sure seems that way sometimes.

I think that Sox fans have lived thru Reinsdorf. Veeck, and the Allen's and have a negative viewpoint about what this organization does b/c history has told us, it will turn out negative.  I don't think we think every player is worthless, but again, how many Harry Chappek's, BB Richards, Ken Kravecs, bart johnsons, Carlos Mays, Yoan Moncados do we have to experience before we stop thinking any prospect is just going to turn out like Beckham? But sox fans have always given players the benefit of the doubt. Remember the "Norton Syndrome" - where every Sox player is a budding All-Star b/c he had one good year in the minors and maybe a good couple of weeks in the majors, when the rest of his history dictates he will suck royally? .. 

Okay. BUT do you think the Sox are the only team to have fans like that? Personally if I had to choose between Vleck, Alynn or Reinsdorf I'd pick Reinsdorf. Mostly because he was the most successful of the bunch. As for the Norton Syndrome may I point out that when the Bears are going bad, the answer is always the backup QB. Hawks same thing except it's the backup goalie. The worst era of Sox baseball was from the Black Sox to the GoGo Sox. A good year was third place and most of that was the Comiskey family. 
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 pm

jaywit wrote:

I'll bet you were the kid that asked about homework.

I think you're confusing Sox fans with the Pope on questions of faith. 

Yes.  And we're right 97% of the time.  That's still an A in my book.  I whine and I'm a proud Sox fan. 

97% Why the hell do you watch? Your bordering on hatred here. And yet you're proud. Weird.

See what I mean. With all the complaining you add you're a proud Sox fan. A wHiney one. I think they should have shrink day at the park and see if we can be straightened out. 

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:54 pm

telefrank wrote:
    jaywit wrote:

I'll bet you were the kid that asked about homework.

Only in the last 60 seconds before the bell would ring.  I felt it was my duty.

I think you're confusing Sox fans with the Pope on questions of faith. 

The pope?  Is he still around?

97% Why the hell do you watch? Your bordering on hatred here. And yet you're proud. Weird.

Watch?  They lost me a few years ago.  They lost 100 games last year and the prospect isn't much  better this year.    And among other Sox fans I'm not alone as the attendance figures attest.  Majority of Sox fans stay away until there is something worthy of our time.  Until then I'll check the occasional box score and standings.  I can get my baseball fix watching the Mariners, Gonzaga or local high schools.

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:00 am

alohafri wrote:

I thought Cubs' fans didn't care about the team and were just a bunch of drunk know-nothings who go to Wrigley for the "experience", not baseball?  Seems like that characterization conflicts with "whiney".
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:27 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I thought Cubs' fans didn't care about the team and were just a bunch of drunk know-nothings who go to Wrigley for the "experience", not baseball?  Seems like that characterization conflicts with "whiney".

Cofeve!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:06 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Cofeve!

I'll take mine with cream and sugar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:08 am