Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Nancy on a roll

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Nancy on a roll Empty Nancy on a roll

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Is it wrong that I've come to realize that I absolutely adore Nancy Pelosi?  I always heard so much negative about her, I just assumed there must be something awful about her.  She rocks and I have loved almost everything I've heard from her in these first few weeks as Speaker.  Hard not to appreciate that she's generally calm and understated.  Nothing grandiose.  She just cuts your throat with gentle words and moves along.  No grandstanding.  No playing to the camera.  I'm going to enjoy these next couple of years based on what I've seen.  This has nothing to do with her refusing Trump the House floor (although she handled that very well, without overdoing it), but is instead about the way she responds to questions about this fucking orange dumbass with such cunning.  There's nobody else I'd rather see be speaker right now.  Nobody even close.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Nancy on a roll Empty Re: Nancy on a roll

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Just as anyone could have predicted, the shutdown ended today (at least for now) and was ended on exactly the deal Nancy has been waving in front of Trump and McConnell for 35 days.  She got exactly what she wanted.  He got nothing.  This was entirely unnecessary and accomplished nothing.  Trump appears to be almost the only one in his party that's serious about wanting a wall.  The public doesn't want a wall.  Statistics show that a wall isn't necessary.  It's beginning to look like the GOP can't figure out how to legislate.  Shit, they had both chambers for two years and what did they do?  They passed a tax cut and nothing else.  Did they even try doing anything besides trying to kill ACA?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:35 am

I read somewhere that there is a petition going around to draft Ann Coulter to run for President in 2020. Where do I sign? That set of debates will be must see tv!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 am

Hey, why not? Supposedly, she supports AOC's 70% tax rate for the top margin on rich folks.

Maybe she ought to run? Is there anything the GOP is good at right now? Maybe they need fresh blood.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Hey, why not?  Supposedly, she supports AOC's 70% tax rate for the top margin on rich folks.

Maybe she ought to run?  Is there anything the GOP is good at right now?  Maybe they need fresh blood.

She said she would never get the nomination because she doesn't believe in women being allowed to work.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Is it wrong that I've come to realize that I absolutely adore Nancy Pelosi?  I always heard so much negative about her, I just assumed there must be something awful about her.  She rocks and I have loved almost everything I've heard from her in these first few weeks as Speaker.  Hard not to appreciate that she's generally calm and understated.  Nothing grandiose.  She just cuts your throat with gentle words and moves along.  No grandstanding.  No playing to the camera.  I'm going to enjoy these next couple of years based on what I've seen.  This has nothing to do with her refusing Trump the House floor (although she handled that very well, without overdoing it), but is instead about the way she responds to questions about this fucking orange dumbass with such cunning.  There's nobody else I'd rather see be speaker right now.  Nobody even close.

Not wrong.  Nancy's badass.  As we've discussed here before if the Dems had thrown Nancy under the bus, the GOP would just go after her replacement.  That's what they do.  Nancy does not get where she is without being formidable.  I saw her speak at the Equality Illinois Banquet a few years back and she was excellent.  She played Trump like a fiddle.  He was so stunned that he couldn't even think of a nasty nickname for her.  He said "I call her Nancy".
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:37 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Hey, why not?  Supposedly, she supports AOC's 70% tax rate for the top margin on rich folks.

Maybe she ought to run?  Is there anything the GOP is good at right now?  Maybe they need fresh blood.

She said she would never get the nomination because she doesn't believe in women being allowed to work.

I wondered if she was serious about that or if she was saying that in jest.  I mean, she works, so WTF?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:43 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Is it wrong that I've come to realize that I absolutely adore Nancy Pelosi?  I always heard so much negative about her, I just assumed there must be something awful about her.  She rocks and I have loved almost everything I've heard from her in these first few weeks as Speaker.  Hard not to appreciate that she's generally calm and understated.  Nothing grandiose.  She just cuts your throat with gentle words and moves along.  No grandstanding.  No playing to the camera.  I'm going to enjoy these next couple of years based on what I've seen.  This has nothing to do with her refusing Trump the House floor (although she handled that very well, without overdoing it), but is instead about the way she responds to questions about this fucking orange dumbass with such cunning.  There's nobody else I'd rather see be speaker right now.  Nobody even close.

Not wrong.  Nancy's badass.  As we've discussed here before if the Dems had thrown Nancy under the bus, the GOP would just go after her replacement.  That's what they do.  Nancy does not get where she is without being formidable.  I saw her speak at the Equality Illinois Banquet a few years back and she was excellent.  She played Trump like a fiddle.  He was so stunned that he couldn't even think of a nasty nickname for her.  He said "I call her Nancy".

It almost seems like he's a bit afraid to be nasty to her.  I think she has probably told him behind closed doors "Hey look, I'll not dis you in public and I'll not stand for you doing it to me.  You'll treat me with respect or I'll make you very sorry."  And she doesn't.  Her approach to dealing with him is quite amusing.  She's polite to him.  She acts sort of confused by him and actually speaks about him respectfully when the easy insult is hanging there like ripe fruit.  I had no idea she was this cunning and tricky.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:23 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

It almost seems like he's a bit afraid to be nasty to her.  I think she has probably told him behind closed doors "Hey look, I'll not dis you in public and I'll not stand for you doing it to me.  You'll treat me with respect or I'll make you very sorry."  And she doesn't.  Her approach to dealing with him is quite amusing.  She's polite to him.  She acts sort of confused by him and actually speaks about him respectfully when the easy insult is hanging there like ripe fruit.  I had no idea she was this cunning and tricky.

I can totally see it.  Of course, it ain't too hard to outwit Trump.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Count me in the group with increasing admiration for Pelosi.  Previously, I was in the group of people who were annoyed with her but when I dug down into my impression, I realized there wasn't anything more to it than joining the collective annoyed crowd.  No real substance behind it other than a personal dislike of a caraciture. 

Regarding things perceived as dumb, the most common refrain you hear from the right was the "... you have to sign it to see what's in it..." comment taken out of  context.  Other than that, all they can really do is whine that, in essence, she's being a bitch.  To which I agree, she is a huge thorn in the far right tookus.  As it turns out, she is best positioned and turning out to be best qualified at derailing the worst of the Trump train proposals.  How things develop over this next 3 weeks is very intriguing.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Count me in the group with increasing admiration for Pelosi.  Previously, I was in the group of people who were annoyed with her but when I dug down into my impression, I realized there wasn't anything more to it than joining the collective annoyed crowd.  No real substance behind it other than a personal dislike of a caraciture. 

Regarding things perceived as dumb, the most common refrain you hear from the right was the "... you have to sign it to see what's in it..." comment taken out of  context.  Other than that, all they can really do is whine that, in essence, she's being a bitch.  To which I agree, she is a huge thorn in the far right tookus.  As it turns out, she is best positioned and turning out to be best qualified at derailing the worst of the Trump train proposals.  How things develop over this next 3 weeks is very intriguing.

That's exactly what I realized about Hillary.  I wasn't even into politics back then, but it was clear based on what I heard/saw in the media that Hillary was to be hated, and I obliged.  Then I saw the Biography on her (back in the day when A&E used to have that show) and I realized that none of my opinions about her had anything to do with anything I'd observed about her.  I've liked her ever since.  She's smart, hard working, etc.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:09 pm

jaywit wrote:

Good points, and the quote is that "...we need to pass it, so you can see what's in it..."  She was telling a crowd that once it's passed, they'll see how beneficial it is for them and won't have to listen to the right wing negative noise about it anymore because they'll be able to see for themselves.  She was in no way implying that after it's passed that congress would figure out what's in it.

Speaking of Nancy, I noticed polling of her shows her personal approval rating very much on the rise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:08 pm