Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+3
SoxIlliniRob
cream919
alohafri
7 posters

Covington Observations

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Covington Observations Empty Covington Observations

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:02 pm

I'm not passing judgement, just offering some observations and commentary.

1. I hold Catholics to a higher standard than I do heathens. If I'm on this trip as a chaperone, these kids don't get a chance to "make a spectacle of themselves" because even on a public school trip, I emphasize that they are representing their school and doing anything to dishonor their school will result on discipline. 

2. The obvious question to ask the asshats in the right wing media is "where was this concern for mob mentality attacking a high school student with David Hogg?" Fucking twat Ingraham blasted him on her show night after night. But NOW it matters? Fuck you whore! (sorry, was that judgmental?)

3. What does the Indian guy have to gain by protesting outside of a church that had nothing to do with this event?

4. This is what happens with our social media world. "Oh look! There's something going on! I'm going to go and video it with my phone and share it with my friends." "Hey look at this! Let's pass this along and start passing judgement without knowing any of the facts! Let's make this go viral!" Now, every asshole talk show host and commentator is an "expert" on what goes on with high school kids.

5. I've seen that look on kids' faces almost daily. It cam mean, "you can't do anything to me because I'm a kid and my dad will support me no matter what." He's lucky the Indian guy didn't shove a tomahawk up his ass. It can also mean, "I don't know what else to do. I put myself in this situation and I have no idea how to get out of it because I'm a stupid kid. Why the hell did I do this?"

6. What the hell is up with this Israeli Hebrew Black Association or whatever they call themselves?

7. If Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson die in some bizarre paving accident, the drinks are on me!
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Covington Observations Empty Re: Covington Observations

Post by cream919 Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Good observations Kevin...can't really disagree with any of it. That said, when in the blue fuck are people, especially democrats, going to start calling out those idiotic hats to begin with and the motivation behind wearing them. Make America Great Again???? Just when exactly did America suck? So you think America isn't all that great eh? So you hate your country??? Ya know...if you don't like this country you can always leave it!!

In other words my friends put the MAGA crowd on its heels and start holding them accountable. Make them answer a few questions. Be fucking relentless about it on talk shows and such. Make them explain why they think America isn't great. In other words, use their own tactics against them. Simplistic? Yes. But you're dealing with a bunch of dumbasses anyway and once you start questioning their patriotism and making THEM feel uncomfortable, watch the MAGA hats start going out with the trash. It's all about switching momentum. Hell, start asking the fat-assed president the same things. How stupid does HE look wearing that fucking hat?

America...love it or leave it!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:13 pm

cream919 wrote:Good observations Kevin...can't really disagree with any of it. That said, when in the blue fuck are people, especially democrats, going to start calling out those idiotic hats to begin with and the motivation behind wearing them. Make America Great Again???? Just when exactly did America suck? So you think America isn't all that great eh? So you hate your country??? Ya know...if you don't like this country you can always leave it!!

In other words my friends put the MAGA crowd on its heels and start holding them accountable. Make them answer a few questions. Be fucking relentless about it on talk shows and such. Make them explain why they think America isn't great. In other words, use their own tactics against them. Simplistic? Yes. But you're dealing with a bunch of dumbasses anyway and once you start questioning their patriotism and making THEM feel uncomfortable, watch the MAGA hats start going out with the trash. It's all about switching momentum. Hell, start asking the fat-assed president the same things. How stupid does HE look wearing that fucking hat?

I can answer that for you. "When was America not great?" "When that goddammed Kenyan Muslim was President, or that RINO Bush."

And if you bring out anything about racism, they respond with pictures of black guys wearing MAGA hats.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:15 pm

alohafri wrote:I'm not passing judgement, just offering some observations and commentary.

1. I hold Catholics to a higher standard than I do heathens. If I'm on this trip as a chaperone, these kids don't get a chance to "make a spectacle of themselves" because even on a public school trip, I emphasize that they are representing their school and doing anything to dishonor their school will result on discipline. 

Sorta my thoughts.  They were being stupid kids.  I was once a stupid asshole teenager.  in fact, i might be an expert on stupid asshole teenagerism.  But wasn't there a rep of their school handy to keep their shit together?  I expect kids to get a little off the tracks.  They weren't completely out of control, but geez they were there on behalf of the right to life agenda.  They are supposed to be there for solemn reasons and didn't appear to me to be acting out anything that could be called solemn.  

2. The obvious question to ask the asshats in the right wing media is "where was this concern for mob mentality attacking a high school student with David Hogg?" Fucking twat Ingraham blasted him on her show night after night. But NOW it matters? Fuck you whore! (sorry, was that judgmental?)

If that smirking kid had been black he would probably have had his ass filled full of hot lead.  My dad would have been pretty incensed with me if he saw me acting like that on tv.  

3. What does the Indian guy have to gain by protesting outside of a church that had nothing to do with this event?

Was it at a church?  I didn't even realize.  Was of the belief this happened on the quad in DC or something.  

4. This is what happens with our social media world. "Oh look! There's something going on! I'm going to go and video it with my phone and share it with my friends." "Hey look at this! Let's pass this along and start passing judgement without knowing any of the facts! Let's make this go viral!" Now, every asshole talk show host and commentator is an "expert" on what goes on with high school kids.

5. I've seen that look on kids' faces almost daily. It cam mean, "you can't do anything to me because I'm a kid and my dad will support me no matter what." He's lucky the Indian guy didn't shove a tomahawk up his ass. It can also mean, "I don't know what else to do. I put myself in this situation and I have no idea how to get out of it because I'm a stupid kid. Why the hell did I do this?"

6. What the hell is up with this Israeli Hebrew Black Association or whatever they call themselves?

Never heard of them, or him, or whatever the heck they are.

7. If Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson die in some bizarre paving accident, the drinks are on me!

There's a part of me that likes what these fuckers are doing.  Surely they appeal to the racists and lunatics, but they are also shining a very bright light on their poisonous brand of thinking for the world to see.  I prefer that these people be where everyone can see and hear them in bright light.  Maybe I'm naive, but I trust the judgment of the American populace on a larger scale such that I believe that populace can see through what horrible people they are and how horrible their ideas are.  
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 pm

cream919 wrote:Good observations Kevin...can't really disagree with any of it. That said, when in the blue fuck are people, especially democrats, going to start calling out those idiotic hats to begin with and the motivation behind wearing them. Make America Great Again???? Just when exactly did America suck? So you think America isn't all that great eh? So you hate your country??? Ya know...if you don't like this country you can always leave it!!

Whether it's fair or not, when i see the red hat I think "that's a racist dunce."  I realize that not all of them are racist or dunces, but if you're willing to be seen in that hat, then you're surely some kind of dunce.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Doesn't matter...they're still saying America sucked. Sure they'll make their point but keep it up and they'll start wilting because it calls into question their patriotism and love of country. Make it a fucking mantra...eventually it sticks. Ever heard of "Lock her up!"? The tactic works...democrats should try ot sometime.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I'm not passing judgement, just offering some observations and commentary.

Sorta my thoughts.  They were being stupid kids.  I was once a stupid asshole teenager.  in fact, i might be an expert on stupid asshole teenagerism.  But wasn't there a rep of their school handy to keep their shit together?  I expect kids to get a little off the tracks.  They weren't completely out of control, but geez they were there on behalf of the right to life agenda.  They are supposed to be there for solemn reasons and didn't appear to me to be acting out anything that could be called solemn.  

If that smirking kid had been black he would probably have had his ass filled full of hot lead.  My dad would have been pretty incensed with me if he saw me acting like that on tv.  

Was it at a church?  I didn't even realize.  Was of the belief this happened on the quad in DC or something.  

There's a part of me that likes what these fuckers are doing.  Surely they appeal to the racists and lunatics, but they are also shining a very bright light on their poisonous brand of thinking for the world to see.  I prefer that these people be where everyone can see and hear them in bright light.  Maybe I'm naive, but I trust the judgment of the American populace on a larger scale such that I believe that populace can see through what horrible people they are and how horrible their ideas are.  

The Indian guy went the next Sunday to protest outside of a Catholic church in DC. You are correct that the original thing was at the Lincoln Memorial.

And I can remember my dad threatening to beat the shit out of me (literally, not figuratively) when I had a similar smirk on my face when he was chewing me out for something. So this whole "1984" talking point that Whore Ingraham is trying to use is stupid. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Kevin is certainly right, especially with number 1 - when I saw that smuggy little twerp standing there, all I could think of was what would Fr Quinn, my Mt Carmel disciplinarian, have done to him if he were a Mt Carmel student.  Then again, I can't imagine the school letting us wear those stupid hats on any type of school event.  From the minute I saw this clip, my first reaction was, "where are the adult chaperones"?  
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

The Indian guy went the next Sunday to protest outside of a Catholic church in DC. You are correct that the original thing was at the Lincoln Memorial.

And I can remember my dad threatening to beat the shit out of me (literally, not figuratively) when I had a similar smirk on my face when he was chewing me out for something. So this whole "1984" talking point that Whore Ingraham is trying to use is stupid. 
     My dad was born on an island in the Adriatic and was on his own very early-traveled all over before reaching the states at about 27-3 years Costa Rico, 5 years Toronto & then 10 in New York. Stopped in Chicago on way to west coast (and met my mother on a bus-never made it west.
    He never really hit me after I was about 8-10 (spanking)
    I remember having an argument with my mom when I was about 17. I absolutely KNEW she was wrong! When my dad came upstairs, I told him what was going on, and expected him to tell my mother she was wrong.
    He looked at me and said" I was 14 when I left home-You're  17!" 
    I shut up and went to another room.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Your dad sounds like a fascinating man Frank. Would have loved to have met him.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:25 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:

My dad was born on an island in the Adriatic and was on his own very early-traveled all over before reaching the states at about 27-3 years Costa Rico, 5 years Toronto & then 10 in New York. Stopped in Chicago on way to west coast (and met my mother on a bus-never made it west.
    He never really hit me after I was about 8-10 (spanking)
    I remember having an argument with my mom when I was about 17. I absolutely KNEW she was wrong! When my dad came upstairs, I told him what was going on, and expected him to tell my mother she was wrong.
    He looked at me and said" I was 14 when I left home-You're  17!" 
    I shut up and went to another room.

Outstanding and quick end to that conversation.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 am

cream919 wrote:Your dad sounds like a fascinating man Frank. Would have loved to have met him.
    You would have enjoyed him. Was a waiter at a night club in New York.
    Used to hang after place closed with the Dorsey brothers. Said he had met their parents.
    Said a guy named Jackie Gleason played there a couple times-for a MEAL!
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:43 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Your dad sounds like a fascinating man Frank. Would have loved to have met him.
    You would have enjoyed him. Was a waiter at a night club in New York.
    Used to hang after place closed with the Dorsey brothers. Said he had met their parents.
    Said a guy named Jackie Gleason played there a couple times-for a MEAL!
    That must have been well before the Ralph Kramden days.

BTW, if any Honeymooners fans haven't seen the Ralph Kramden meets Donald Trump skit yet, here's a link.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XriXDtfqCg
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Hilarious Jay! Loved it. Loved the Honeymooners when I was young. Jackie and Art..comedic geniuses.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:55 am

cream919 wrote:Doesn't matter...they're still saying America sucked. Sure they'll make their point but keep it up and they'll start wilting because it calls into question their patriotism and love of country. Make it a fucking mantra...eventually it sticks. Ever heard of "Lock her up!"? The tactic works...democrats should try ot sometime.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:30 pm

When Trump whore Roger Stone spoke yesterday...there were constant chants of "Lock him up!!" yelled in unison. Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Fuck decorum and "going high"...when you're chasing rats you have to run in the sewer. I wish it didn't have to be this way but I didn't make the rules...the GOP did!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:45 pm

cream919 wrote:When Trump whore Roger Stone spoke yesterday...there were constant chants of "Lock him up!!" yelled in unison. Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Fuck decorum and "going high"...when you're chasing rats you have to run in the sewer. I wish it didn't have to be this way but I didn't make the rules...the GOP did!

There is nothing about this scumbag that makes me want to go high.  fuck him.  I know I like to remain "above the fray" as Kark correctly points out at times, but with this shithead there is no room for remaining above any fray.  Bury his ass in a basement prison cell.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:59 pm

There is nothing about this scumbag that makes me want to go high.  fuck him.  I know I like to remain "above the fray" as Kark correctly points out at times, but with this shithead there is no room for remaining above any fray.  Bury his ass in a basement prison cell.

He is awfully smug for someone who is facing some extremely serious charges - lying to congress, lying to the FBI - that's big time jail time ...my gut says he thinks Trump will pardon him .  What he hasn't figured out yet is that Trump will toss him out of his life like a bag  of garbage, if  its to his advantage.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 pm

Has Richard Nixon tattooed on his back. I swear this entire Trump universe is a fucking freak show. Morons with a buck in their pocket. I would formally like to thank the republican party for nominating this ass hat and putting him into the White House. You have played your part in ruining our fine country. Hope you're happy. But hey...you got your tax cut.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:24 pm

sharpy wrote:There is nothing about this scumbag that makes me want to go high.  fuck him.  I know I like to remain "above the fray" as Kark correctly points out at times, but with this shithead there is no room for remaining above any fray.  Bury his ass in a basement prison cell.

He is awfully smug for someone who is facing some extremely serious charges - lying to congress, lying to the FBI - that's big time jail time ...my gut says he thinks Trump will pardon him .  What he hasn't figured out yet is that Trump will toss him out of his life like a bag  of garbage, if  its to his advantage.

I have to hope that there are state charges that he can be hit with.  I know they were saying that there were a bunch of charges that weren't in the indictment, and that it suggested that they were using those charges to get him to talk.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Covington Observations Empty Totally Out of Touch

Post by blondy28 Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm

It's not uncommon for politicians to point fingers at each other saying that they are "out of touch" with middle class, main stream America, but this Trump group has taken it to a new level.  People tried to cover for Trump when he said you needed an ID to buy groceries.  This was not a case of misspeaking.  Actually, I think more likely is that the last time he ever went to the grocery store they only took cash or checks and you did have to have an ID to pay by check. I was in the credit card processing industry from 1991 to 1997, and in my later years there is when we just started getting credit card payment options into grocery stores and fast food restaurants.  So I look at that comment as Trump simply not having done grocery shopping since they started taking credit cards.  But geez, the Wilbur Ross, which was totally bewildered about why people were getting food from food banks when they could simply get a loan.  Or Lara Trump and her stupid comments (which escape me).
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:36 pm

blondy28 wrote:It's not uncommon for politicians to point fingers at each other saying that they are "out of touch" with middle class, main stream America, but this Trump group has taken it to a new level.  People tried to cover for Trump when he said you needed an ID to buy groceries.  This was not a case of misspeaking.  Actually, I think more likely is that the last time he ever went to the grocery store they only took cash or checks and you did have to have an ID to pay by check. I was in the credit card processing industry from 1991 to 1997, and in my later years there is when we just started getting credit card payment options into grocery stores and fast food restaurants.  So I look at that comment as Trump simply not having done grocery shopping since they started taking credit cards.  But geez, the Wilbur Ross, which was totally bewildered about why people were getting food from food banks when they could simply get a loan.  Or Lara Trump and her stupid comments (which escape me).

You think Trump's ever been in a grocery store?  I don't.  Maybe as a little kid.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:10 pm

cream919 wrote:Has Richard Nixon tattooed on his back. 
    Maybe he was preparing for prison.  Even the most hardened criminal won't keep an erection with Nixon staring you in the face.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:17 pm

jaywit wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Has Richard Nixon tattooed on his back. 
    Maybe he was preparing for prison.  Even the most hardened criminal won't keep an erection with Nixon staring you in the face.

Line of the month!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 am