Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Is it worth it?

jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by jaywit Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm

As the information gathers and impeachable offenses are becoming increasingly likely, will the dem house bother?  Not a chance in hell the rep senate will oust the criminal president.  Who would be the biggest loser?  Rep senators for sticking by a criminal?  Dem congressmen/women for wasting time/money and proceeding with a process with no chance of ousting the criminal?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by sharpy Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm

If I had a different figure and was named Nancy, once the Mueller investigation proved something impeachable, I would put him up for impeachment once, let the Senate republicans toss it out, and then start a MASSIVE public relations campaign pointing all that out - but not impeach him again
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:13 pm

My take would be that you wait to impeach until it seems obvious that it's time.  That doesn't need to mean that there are enough GOP senators that it'll result in a conviction, but I'd wait until there's a clear public lean toward impeaching.  I don't see that lean right now.  People like us...we know the guy's a nut and a criminal and doesn't belong in office, but enough of the public is just fine with the petty criminality that it's probably going to take some more extreme stuff to come to light before there's a move forward on this.  

There have been insider comments noting that several Repubs in the senate are beginning to whisper about wanting for the GOP to drop Trump like a dirty sock. I assume it's all just talk, but several are tiring of this and are seeing the writing on the wall that it's going to get a lot worse in the coming months.  I tend to look at these Trump supporters like how I look at those that drank the Jim Jones Koolaid at Jonestown.  20 yrs from now, people will wonder WTF was wrong with those people that stuck by and supported such a known grifter and piece of garbage.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 pm

sharpy wrote:If I had a different figure and was named Nancy, once the Mueller investigation proved something impeachable, I would put him up for impeachment once, let the Senate republicans toss it out, and then start a MASSIVE public relations campaign pointing all that out - but not impeach him again

Having watched that oddball press conference today, I'm growing increasingly fond of Nancy Pelosi.  My understanding of her has always just been that she's this crazy, loony lefty from San Fran.  When she was the SOTH, I wasn't a close enough observer of politics to be able to comment on her.  Now that I'm seeing more of her in action, I think I really like her and don't really understand what the knock on her is, except that she's a female with a lot of political power.  She showed some ballsy-ness today and appears able to look the Orange Box of Rocks in the eye and go head to head with him and not lose a single step to him, and never got into the mud with him, either.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Senate will never vote to convict no matter what kind of evidence exists.  Trump said it himself.  He could murder someone and nothing would happen.  I think they take him down by taking down his kids, who are surely part of his crime family.  Obviously they will have to be state charges to prevent him from pardoning them, but that's how you get his slimy ass out of office.  And if anyone has ever doubted whether or not Pence is as big a criminal as the orange wind bag, you need look no further than his pathetic ass sitting in the corner while Trump goes off the deep end.  He's worthless.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 pm

blondy28 wrote:Senate will never vote to convict no matter what kind of evidence exists.  Trump said it himself.  He could murder someone and nothing would happen.  I think they take him down by taking down his kids, who are surely part of his crime family.  Obviously they will have to be state charges to prevent him from pardoning them, but that's how you get his slimy ass out of office.  And if anyone has ever doubted whether or not Pence is as big a criminal as the orange wind bag, you need look no further than his pathetic ass sitting in the corner while Trump goes off the deep end.  He's worthless.

Which is why they would like Pence as President. He can be manipulated and he is a true hard-core conservative that the Tea Party nuts like. Trump is spending money faster than it can be spent.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Senate will never vote to convict no matter what kind of evidence exists.  Trump said it himself.  He could murder someone and nothing would happen.  I think they take him down by taking down his kids, who are surely part of his crime family.  Obviously they will have to be state charges to prevent him from pardoning them, but that's how you get his slimy ass out of office.  And if anyone has ever doubted whether or not Pence is as big a criminal as the orange wind bag, you need look no further than his pathetic ass sitting in the corner while Trump goes off the deep end.  He's worthless.

Which is why they would like Pence as President. He can be manipulated and he is a true hard-core conservative that the Tea Party nuts like. Trump is spending money faster than it can be spent.

Pence is a criminal.  They don't want to take him down first, because they'll appoint someone to take his place.  Gotta take Trump and Pence down at the same time...and it's President Nancy.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:02 pm

I like your thinking, Pam. Saw today where Pelosi struck a deal to lead House Dems until 2022, and then she steps down.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:04 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:If I had a different figure and was named Nancy, once the Mueller investigation proved something impeachable, I would put him up for impeachment once, let the Senate republicans toss it out, and then start a MASSIVE public relations campaign pointing all that out - but not impeach him again

Having watched that oddball press conference today, I'm growing increasingly fond of Nancy Pelosi.  My understanding of her has always just been that she's this crazy, loony lefty from San Fran.  When she was the SOTH, I wasn't a close enough observer of politics to be able to comment on her.  Now that I'm seeing more of her in action, I think I really like her and don't really understand what the knock on her is, except that she's a female with a lot of political power.  She showed some ballsy-ness today and appears able to look the Orange Box of Rocks in the eye and go head to head with him and not lose a single step to him, and never got into the mud with him, either.
    Even though I sometimes lean right, I've respected Pelosi.  The only thing you ever hear from her detractors is the misquoted "...you have to pass it to see what's in it..." thing.

On another front, why o why is Trump asking taxpayers to pay for the wall?  Where is his campaign promise of Mexico paying for it?  How many pesos have they put in?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:29 pm