Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
cream919
blondy28
6 posters

Trump/Roberts

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Trump/Roberts Empty Trump/Roberts

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:13 pm

So Justice Roberts, who, frankly, is the only Republican on the court for which I have any respect, puts out a statement about Trump's absurd comment, and, of course, Trump doubles down to show that Trump knows more than Roberts.  Would love to see that blow up in Trump's bright orange face.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Trump/Roberts Empty Re: Trump/Roberts

Post by cream919 Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 pm

It won't and I take anything these conservative justices say with a grain of salt. They puff up and pound their chests and then almost always stand behind all issues conservative they have to rule on.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm

"...grab 'em by the pussy..." and "...I could shoot someone on the street..." didn't blow up in his face.

"Maybe he did, maybe he didn't" orchestrate the MURDER of a journalist barely gets mention.

I've given up on Trump being run off because of anything he says.  Almost anything he says, regardless of what it is going to make his base love him more.  And I mean love, true love.

What will Trump need to say to have it blow up in his face at this time is something along the lines of a direct criticism of Jesus Christ.

I hate to say it but I think Cream is right, again.  It's going to take a big economic hit to get some of his base to pull the other lever.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:22 pm

jaywit wrote:"...grab 'em by the pussy..." and "...I could shoot someone on the street..." didn't blow up in his face.

"Maybe he did, maybe he didn't" orchestrate the MURDER of a journalist barely gets mention.

I've given up on Trump being run off because of anything he says.  Almost anything he says, regardless of what it is going to make his base love him more.  And I mean love, true love.

What will Trump need to say to have it blow up in his face at this time is something along the lines of a direct criticism of Jesus Christ.

I hate to say it but I think Cream is right, again.  It's going to take a big economic hit to get some of his base to pull the other lever.

Isn't it typically a virtual impossibility to pull any candidate's base to the other side?  Don't most strategists start with an assumption that each side will get the vote of the base, and it becomes a dog fight to get the moderates/independents? One side isn't typically going to pick off the other side's base, so I think the best they can hope for is that they don't vote at all.  I have a neighbor who's a staunch Republican.  The guy had an Alan Keyes sign in his yard when Obama ran against Keyes for senate.   He even had a Rauner sign in his yard for this year's election.  In 2016, he didn't cast a vote for president.  I'm not sure if he would vote for a centrist democrat...probably not...but there ARE some who Republicans would typically consider their base that aren't Trump's base.  As I mentioned back in 2016, my usually sign-heavy neighborhood had no signs, and Hillary took our township by a lot...a township that went for Romney in 2012.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:47 pm

It's going to take a big economic hit to get some of his base to pull the other lever.

Well both Ford and General Motors closing plants and laying off people (4700 per GM), might be the start. Wall street is now even for the year. Unemployment hit a low with the big tax break, but funny, seems like that was a transient phenomena and now the party is over - farmers get welfare b/c the tariffs have killed their sales overseas ….despite all this, I still think these people would vote for trump again.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:17 pm

sharpy wrote:It's going to take a big economic hit to get some of his base to pull the other lever.

Well both Ford and General Motors closing plants and laying off people (4700 per GM), might be the start. Wall street is now even for the year. Unemployment hit a low with the big tax break, but funny, seems like that was a transient phenomena and now the party is over - farmers get welfare b/c the tariffs have killed their sales overseas ….despite all this, I still think these people would vote for trump again.

I read that GM cutting 15,000 jobs and closing 5 plants, and the reason they gave is that they're anticipating a recession soon so they need to prepare for that.  

The firmly pro-Trump people won't vote against him, but there are many who aren't in that camp.  I think that the exit polls from the recent elections had Republicans listing immigration as their biggest issue, which, IMO, is totally absurd.  I can understand why it would be an issue for SOME people, but geez, how exactly is immigration impacting people in North Dakota?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:26 pm

how exactly is immigration impacting people in North Dakota?

You're shitting me, right?  Canada is OVER-RUNNING North Dakota ...taking all their jobs ...violent crimes all over the place ….raping women and young girls ….stealing the farmers $31k welfare check … its a human wasteland up there 
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:58 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:"...grab 'em by the pussy..." and "...I could shoot someone on the street..." didn't blow up in his face.

Isn't it typically a virtual impossibility to pull any candidate's base to the other side?  Don't most strategists start with an assumption that each side will get the vote of the base, and it becomes a dog fight to get the moderates/independents? One side isn't typically going to pick off the other side's base, so I think the best they can hope for is that they don't vote at all.  I have a neighbor who's a staunch Republican.  The guy had an Alan Keyes sign in his yard when Obama ran against Keyes for senate.   He even had a Rauner sign in his yard for this year's election.  In 2016, he didn't cast a vote for president.  I'm not sure if he would vote for a centrist democrat...probably not...but there ARE some who Republicans would typically consider their base that aren't Trump's base.  As I mentioned back in 2016, my usually sign-heavy neighborhood had no signs, and Hillary took our township by a lot...a township that went for Romney in 2012.
    Agreed, the majority of Reps and Dems will vote within their ranks.  I wasn't limiting my post to elections and was including primaries.  The Trump faithful will remain even within their own party.  I fully expect any republican challenging Trump will be skewered by the Trump faithful.  Had Obama had the same outrageous rhetoric, he would have never survived the primary, let alone get to the general election.  Trump is a shoe-in for the Republican nomination in 2020.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:04 pm

sharpy wrote:It's going to take a big economic hit to get some of his base to pull the other lever.

Most will still vote for Trump.  It will take time for the economic hit to be realized at the street level.  Some will falter.  Their personal economics will eventually supplant their demogogue worship.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 pm

jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Agreed, the majority of Reps and Dems will vote within their ranks.  I wasn't limiting my post to elections and was including primaries.  The Trump faithful will remain even within their own party.  I fully expect any republican challenging Trump will be skewered by the Trump faithful.  Had Obama had the same outrageous rhetoric, he would have never survived the primary, let alone get to the general election.  Trump is a shoe-in for the Republican nomination in 2020.

Agree with you on this.  Anyone that runs against him in the primary will be castigated by the right as a traitor, unless something serious enough comes out before then that his cult members begin turning on him.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:19 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Agree with you on this.  Anyone that runs against him in the primary will be castigated by the right as a traitor, unless something serious enough comes out before then that his cult members begin turning on him.

Totally agree.   I don't think there will be an opportunity to oust him in the primaries...it will have to be the general.  That is, of course, assuming he isn't impeached or resigns.  My dream scenario is that both Trump and Pence are ousted and Nancy Pelosi becomes president...for no other reason than it would make these alt right people's heads explode.  I would tune in to Fox's prime time line-up were that to happen.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Totally agree.   I don't think there will be an opportunity to oust him in the primaries...it will have to be the general.  That is, of course, assuming he isn't impeached or resigns.  My dream scenario is that both Trump and Pence are ousted and Nancy Pelosi becomes president...for no other reason than it would make these alt right people's heads explode.  I would tune in to Fox's prime time line-up were that to happen.

I would only purposely to that mess to watch Sean Hannity's funeral.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

If there were a President Pelosi, you might get that wish!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:27 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

If there were a President Pelosi, you might get that wish!

I can't even imagine such a thing.  We'd probably get to see the Civil War that some of the more alarmist folks have warned if this ever happened.  We might see some second amendment remedies being attempted.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Rob, the toothless crackers down south are STILL fighting the fucking Civil War. The rebel flag gun rack crowd never stopped. All encouraged by our beloved president of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:47 pm