Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
sharpy
blondy28
6 posters

My long-shot

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

My long-shot - Page 2 Empty Re: My long-shot

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Peg also added withholdings.

And yet .......she backs trump.  How? why?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Pessimistic about 2020.

I'll keep optimistic until I see who they run. But stop with the Beto blitz. First off, he lost in his home state and would probably not carry it in 2020 - bad sign. Secondly, he's too young and inexperienced in dirty politics. Third, he should run for senate again in 2020 against Cromyn and win that - might be easier next time - if he wins then, 2024 is his year.   I'm sorry, I know Beto said "f" bomb on tv, great, but the next democratic presidential hopeful has to be someone who drops the "f" bomb with a "you" after it while staring at Trump in a debate. It has to be someone who is a) white b) not a woman c) someone who really WOULD take Trump and beat him up if he could - I'm with Cream - time to drop the gloves - and believe it or not, there is a diplomatic and acceptable form of a knife fight. And please god, no more Nancy Pelosi - please .
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:35 pm

sharpy wrote:Peg also added withholdings.

I wish I knew. Hypnotized by Hannity? She saw more money in her paycheck and said "Thanks Trump!" I got that letter from our tax preparer with how much money we'd owe on our current withholdings and said "Thanks Trump!" I'm married to Kark! When Bush did this, he at least knew what he was doing and we didn't owe it all back at the end of they year.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:36 pm

sharpy wrote:Pessimistic about 2020.

I'll keep optimistic until I see who they run. But stop with the Beto blitz. First off, he lost in his home state and would probably not carry it in 2020 - bad sign. Secondly, he's too young and inexperienced in dirty politics. Third, he should run for senate again in 2020 against Cromyn and win that - might be easier next time - if he wins then, 2024 is his year.   I'm sorry, I know Beto said "f" bomb on tv, great, but the next democratic presidential hopeful has to be someone who drops the "f" bomb with a "you" after it while staring at Trump in a debate. It has to be someone who is a) white b) not a woman c) someone who really WOULD take Trump and beat him up if he could - I'm with Cream - time to drop the gloves - and believe it or not, there is a diplomatic and acceptable form of a knife fight. And please god, no more Nancy Pelosi - please .

No more from the Cult of Personality file please!
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm married to Kark!

All right ..peed in my pants a little at that one ...
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 pm

alohafri wrote:

No more from the Cult of Personality file please!

Biden and Beto in 2020. The killer Bees
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Another reason to run against Cornyn is that he'll spur more excitement and interest in Texas for that election and have the same spillover effect that helped push some Dems to take some GOP seats down there.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:37 pm

sharpy wrote:I'm married to Kark!

All right ..peed in my pants a little at that one ...

Kark with a nicer rack.  tongue
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:00 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Another reason to run against Cornyn is that he'll spur more excitement and interest in Texas for that election and have the same spillover effect that helped push some Dems to take some GOP seats down there.
    Yeah, maybe, but if he keeps running and losing, he will lose his luster.  He could become the political equivalent of Quintana.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm

alohafri wrote:

I wish I knew. Hypnotized by Hannity? She saw more money in her paycheck and said "Thanks Trump!" I got that letter from our tax preparer with how much money we'd owe on our current withholdings and said "Thanks Trump!" I'm married to Kark! When Bush did this, he at least knew what he was doing and we didn't owe it all back at the end of they year.

But what did she say when you showed her the letter from the accountant?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 pm

The economy is doing fine, Pam.  It's never fully working for 100% of the American public, and if it's sucking badly for you, I'm sorry for that.  I can empathize.  My point is only that the economy is CURRENTLY in decent shape in general terms.

Interesting enough, I just met with my financial guy and he was telling me about the stock market. Apparently, all of the growth in the stock market since the first of the year has been due to 5 companies - you can probably guess them - Apple, Microsoft, Walmart, Amazon ...and I forget the last one - so if you don't have significant amount of stock in these companies, your growth was essentially flat.  He also said that the recent dump of the stock market last week wiped out all the gains from the beginning of the year, so again, the market is flat  - said most jobs from the tax cut are low paying minimal wage jobs, and that the belief that everyone was going to get a raise is a myth, and the reason most people got a "bonus" is b/c that's a one time thing, looks better than it is, and is a quick fixed cost -  so maybe Blondy isn't too far off - economy is a sham ….
    Oh, and BTW - my taxes are going to skyrocket as well next year 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

But what did she say when you showed her the letter from the accountant?

I have learned not to bring up certain things. Last night, Hinsdale High School District voted down a referendum for improvements on the two high schools, which needed them from everything I read. Her comment was, "good, our taxes will be going up enough with Pritzker anyway." Now we know, at least one of us does, and one of us used to, that school referendums are investing pennies and getting dollars back with higher property values. 

"Well, at least they can't tax my social security." "Yeah, Illinois doesn't tax retirement income, it's one of eight states that don't. But if we retire to one of the places we have talked about retiring to, that ends because unless you want to retire to Alabama, Alaska, Florida, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, or Wyoming, you're going to have it taxed. And all of those states have other ways of getting your money, like higher real estate taxes or sales taxes."

And naturally, she doesn't believe that Rauner was going to be able to do anything to my pension because I only have five more years left. I'm not willing to take that chance. (And I left the governor spot empty, just to let you know.)
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:19 pm

alohafri wrote:

"Well, at least they can't tax my social security." "Yeah, Illinois doesn't tax retirement income, it's one of eight states that don't. But if we retire to one of the places we have talked about retiring to, that ends because unless you want to retire to Alabama, Alaska, Florida, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, or Wyoming, you're going to have it taxed. And all of those states have other ways of getting your money, like higher real estate taxes or sales taxes."

Not to mention that if you move to some of those states, then it sucks to be you.  Have fun in Wyoming unless you're in Yellowstone.  I'd like living in a few of them.  We have higher taxes, but we also have a nice standard of living here in Illinois.  If people wanna bitch about it, they ought to just move.  Illinois might turn it around.  California was in similar straights 8 yrs ago and now they're running a surplus and doing great and are the fifth biggest economy in the world.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm

I know Beto said "f" bomb on tv, great, but the next democratic presidential hopeful has to be someone who drops the "f" bomb with a "you" after it while staring at Trump in a debate. 

LMAO! Perfectly put!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm married to Kark!

My friend...the board has been well aware of this for a very long time now. That said, it's nice to see you finally come out. I've long suspected there was never a Peg to begin with. Nonetheless, surely you could have done better when it came to your choice of men. What's next? Confessing threesomes with The Coach???
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:50 am

cream919 wrote:I'm married to Kark!

My friend...the board has been well aware of this for a very long time now. That said, it's nice to see you finally come out. I've long suspected there was never a Peg to begin with. Nonetheless, surely you could have done better when it came to your choice of men. What's next? Confessing threesomes with The Coach???

A vision I do not need so early in the AM
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 am

cream919 wrote:I'm married to Kark!

Fucking Al. I pulled a Trump and revoked his privileges on the other board earlier in the year.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 am

cream919 wrote:I know Beto said "f" bomb on tv, great, but the next democratic presidential hopeful has to be someone who drops the "f" bomb with a "you" after it while staring at Trump in a debate. 

LMAO! Perfectly put!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    That would be a great viewing and not only because he'd be saying what the majority of Americans want to say to him.  Trump wouldn't have the self-control to let someone bury themself by flinging F-bombs on national TV.  He'd get right into the gutter and lower the bar even more.  Personally, I'd like to see someone call President Pussy-grabber a big pussy for pussing out of the military when his call was needed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:43 pm