Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
SoxIlliniRob
blondy28
6 posters

Bomber

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Bomber Empty Bomber

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 pm

I guess I'll start this thread.  Honestly, this morning before the whack job was arrested, I posted on my Flip the 6th Facebook group that I sure hoped that it wasn't a democrat "helping" before the mid-terms.  I mean, you never know, although as a card carrying liberal, the DeNiro thing wasn't even on my radar.  I remember it being reported about when it happened, but it's not exactly something that stuck with me, so I figured only a seething Trump freak would still be pissed off about that.  Then they arrest the guy, and they start reporting that there are Trump stickers on the van, although initial reports said they couldn't verify if it was anti-Trump or pro-Trump...until pictures of the entire freak mobile start showing up on Twitter and the internet.  And never ones to admit they were wrong, the conspiracy theorists decide to double down on their "bombs are a left wing thing" rhetoric...suggesting that the van is a plant because the stickers are not faded.  Then Trump comes out and reads some prepared comments, and suddenly he's "presidential".  Yeah, right.  I'm sure that he's already gone back to his vitriol at tonight's rally.  And yes, this guy is a nutjob, but if anyone actually thinks that he would have sent these people bombs if Trump wasn't going after them every damned day, then they're fucking stupid.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Bomber Empty Re: Bomber

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 pm

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:42 pm

It's so predictable that I can't even bring myself to get upset about it this time.  I believe I read that there have been 47 abortions clinics bombed or attempted to be bombed in the past 41 yrs, not to mention Tim McVeigh.  I don't think of any of this or right wing or left wing.  I think of it as violence incited by a complete idiot president.  

Like you, I was concerned this was some liberal nutso that thought this would help hurt Trump.  if it had been, it would have been a 24/7 story for a year or two.  Now that it's a crackpot right winger, it'll be out of the news in a week.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:It's so predictable that I can't even bring myself to get upset about it this time.  I believe I read that there have been 47 abortions clinics bombed or attempted to be bombed in the past 41 yrs, not to mention Tim McVeigh.  I don't think of any of this or right wing or left wing.  I think of it as violence incited by a complete idiot president.  

Like you, I was concerned this was some liberal nutso that thought this would help hurt Trump.  if it had been, it would have been a 24/7 story for a year or two.  Now that it's a crackpot right winger, it'll be out of the news in a week.

Ann Coulter said the left are the bombers...cuz the Unabomber.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Hey....let the assholes say what they want. What we have here is nobody got hurt and one less Trump knuckle dragger to stand inside a voting booth. Win-Win.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:16 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:It's so predictable that I can't even bring myself to get upset about it this time.  I believe I read that there have been 47 abortions clinics bombed or attempted to be bombed in the past 41 yrs, not to mention Tim McVeigh.  I don't think of any of this or right wing or left wing.  I think of it as violence incited by a complete idiot president.  

Female Alex Jones.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Female Alex Jones.

The dictionary picture of a cunt
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:07 am

blondy28 wrote:

Ann Coulter has a larger adam's apple than I do. If she isn't a man in drag, I'm Jackie Robinson.

And the Unabomber is case #1 that bombers are nuts...trying to call them "conservative" or "liberal" isn't being honest.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Ann Coulter has a larger adam's apple than I do. If she isn't a man in drag, I'm Jackie Robinson.

And the Unabomber is case #1 that bombers are nuts...trying to call them "conservative" or "liberal" isn't being honest.

Great point, Kev.  This guy was a crackpot.  I don't think of that in political terms.  He was a nut and Trump just happened to connect with him.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:03 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Great point, Kev.  This guy was a crackpot.  I don't think of that in political terms.  He was a nut and Trump just happened to connect with him.

Isn't that a bit over simplified?  I mean, this isn't a guy who tried to assassinate Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.  Jodie Foster didn't espouse dangerous rhetoric that caused Hinckley to try to kill Reagan.  Racists feel that they have a place in Trump's Republican party.  Yes, for the most part, that's the party they were in even before Trump, but now they're out and proud.  It's not a dog whistle anymore.  The leader of the free world, just in the last week, proclaimed himself a nationalist, and the very evening that this nut was arrested, Trump was back at it at a rally, spewing this dangerous rhetoric, and everyone there cheered and ramped up the hate.  It's disturbing.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 am

I don't understand why pictures of people in a gun's cross-hairs is not illegal.  If I were to say "I'm going to shoot you" isn't that regarded as assault?  Couldn't it be construed that is what is implied by such a picture?  Seems a stretch to say that should be protected by the first amendment.

And Trump taking no responsibility for the state of this country.  Doesn't he remember implying Clinton may be targeted?  From the NY Times:

Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.
    “If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

No matter how left they lean, I'm voting against anyone who has sided with him, anyone for whom he's come to boost their campaign.  He's a would-be dictator and I don't expect him to concede if he loses the 2020 election.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:43 pm

jaywit wrote:I don't understand why pictures of people in a gun's cross-hairs is not illegal.  If I were to say "I'm going to shoot you" isn't that regarded as assault?  Couldn't it be construed that is what is implied by such a picture?  Seems a stretch to say that should be protected by the first amendment.

And Trump taking no responsibility for the state of this country.  Doesn't he remember implying Clinton may be targeted?  From the NY Times:

Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.
    “If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

No matter how left they lean, I'm voting against anyone who has sided with him, anyone for whom he's come to boost their campaign.  He's a would-be dictator and I don't expect him to concede if he loses the 2020 election.

I watch a lot of true crime, Jay, and Candace DeLong (sp?), a former FBI profiler who was made famous, I guess, when she analyzed an interview with Charles Manson, has several shows on Investigation Discovery.  One of the things she almost always talks about in her analysis of a crime is whether or not the criminal would have committed such a crime had she not met XYZ, and that speaks to your statement above, IMO.  Would the bomber have mailed bombs to CNN, George Soros, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, etc. if it wasn't for Trump's rhetoric? I'm guessing no...given that he said he wasn't interested in politics until he connected with Trump.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:29 pm