Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Megyn Kelly

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Megyn Kelly Empty Megyn Kelly

Post by blondy28 Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Not sure if Megyn Kelly has been fired from NBC.  Reports are mixed.  For what it's worth, my 2 cents:

I'm not sure how she could say something so stupid and not realize that it was stupid and/or, at the very least, racially insensitive.  But I can see that given that she's spent most of her journalism career at Fox that her perception on what is acceptable/sensitive might be a bit skewed.  That being said, I found her apology to be quite genuine.  Maybe she's a good actress (she DID get her start on All My Children), but I did not get the impression that she was apologizing because she "got caught", so to speak...she seemed genuine.  And although there are times when I could strangle her...like the fact that she didn't disclose Trump's BS behind the scenes until after the election, and that she didn't disclose the harassment that was going on at Fox until others had already done so...I actually like her and respect her for going after Trump at the first debate, knowing what he'd do to her.  I get that she would want to be part of the Today Show, but I have always thought that to be kind of a strange fit for her.  I've heard rumors that NBC is going to trot her out on election night, and then move her to MSNBC, and frankly, I think that's really more in line with her background and talents.  She's not Katie Couric or Diane Sawyer.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Megyn Kelly Empty Re: Megyn Kelly

Post by alohafri Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Giving her the benefit of the doubt for the moment and assuming she didn't know. If she didn't know, wouldn't that be a question you would ask someone in private, after the cameras were rolling and not on live television?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Guess she never saw the Jazz Singer with Al Jolson.  
    As a side note, my aunt is now 84. I have a Halloween class picture of her from second grade, all the kids in costume sitting at their desk. In the back row, are the teachers and probably some parents who were helping with the party. And there they are, a man and a woman, dressed in black face.  Was so surreal when I saw it I had to take it and frame it ...not ever seeing that kind of class pic again....LOL
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 pm

For the life of me, I don't see how she went through college and then law school and then spent however many years in TV and doesn't really understand how or why blackface might be offensive.  that's like not understanding why black folks MIGHT not like the confederate battle flag.  

Grading her on a curve, I always felt she was one of the more sensible Fox personalities, but have always found her a bit grating.  A bit too know-it-all-ish for me, maybe.  Perhaps, since I know it all, I shouldn't hold it against others for believing they are similarly gifted.  

Seems like MSNBC is the logical next place for her.  Shit, that channel is littered from top to bottom with conservatives mixed in with the libs.  If she grates on others the way she grates on me, she won't last on MSNBC either.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:42 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:For the life of me, I don't see how she went through college and then law school and then spent however many years in TV and doesn't really understand how or why blackface might be offensive.  that's like not understanding why black folks MIGHT not like the confederate battle flag.  

Grading her on a curve, I always felt she was one of the more sensible Fox personalities, but have always found her a bit grating.  A bit too know-it-all-ish for me, maybe.  Perhaps, since I know it all, I shouldn't hold it against others for believing they are similarly gifted.  

Seems like MSNBC is the logical next place for her.  Shit, that channel is littered from top to bottom with conservatives mixed in with the libs.  If she grates on others the way she grates on me, she won't last on MSNBC either.

Well, she must be doing something right then. Because many hard core conservatives hate her.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:08 pm

She gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:13 am