Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Madcow Segment

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Madcow Segment Empty Madcow Segment

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Rachel making an interesting point tonight that polling of the US public finds that healthcare is by far the number one most important political issue this election.  Next thing (I think it's jobs) is a distant second.  She also notes that the Dems have been making healthcare and preX conditions protections the number one issue in their ads in about 50% of their commercials.  She said that polling shows that Americans overwhelmingly want for preexisting conditions protections to remain (something like 70 to 30%) intact going forward and under no circumstances want it to go away.  

Meanwhile, the GOP is currently engaged in a legal challenge to that provision of the ACA, hoping to take away the requirement that insurance companies be required to provide these protections.  And while they're doing this, they are also lying in all of their ads that they are trying to protect our right to coverage for preexisting conditions, even though many of those same Repubs have voted to dump that provision or the law altogether.  Many of those Repubs are even included in the lawsuit.  

The amazing thing about all of this is that it might actually work for the GOP.  they are doing everything in their power to ruin all aspects of ACA and wipe it out completely, all while pretending to try saving the most popular aspect and provision.  You know damn well a bunch of these nuts are believing this shit, especially when Orange Looney Toons says it in his Klan rally.  I struggle to understand what's wrong with people.  I can live with the conservative ideology.  I don't get it, but I accept it.  GOP won the presidency and both chambers and I think that means I get to eat shit and accept their laws and judges.  It's life.  If libs no likee, they ought to go and vote.  But I just can't fathom this shit...that they can completely just lie and work against the public while saying they are working FOR the public, and the public will go out and vote for them.  Hard to understand.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Madcow Segment Empty Re: Madcow Segment

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:42 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Rachel making an interesting point tonight that polling of the US public finds that healthcare is by far the number one most important political issue this election.  Next thing (I think it's jobs) is a distant second.  She also notes that the Dems have been making healthcare and preX conditions protections the number one issue in their ads in about 50% of their commercials.  She said that polling shows that Americans overwhelmingly want for preexisting conditions protections to remain (something like 70 to 30%) intact going forward and under no circumstances want it to go away.  

Meanwhile, the GOP is currently engaged in a legal challenge to that provision of the ACA, hoping to take away the requirement that insurance companies be required to provide these protections.  And while they're doing this, they are also lying in all of their ads that they are trying to protect our right to coverage for preexisting conditions, even though many of those same Repubs have voted to dump that provision or the law altogether.  Many of those Repubs are even included in the lawsuit.  

The amazing thing about all of this is that it might actually work for the GOP.  they are doing everything in their power to ruin all aspects of ACA and wipe it out completely, all while pretending to try saving the most popular aspect and provision.  You know damn well a bunch of these nuts are believing this shit, especially when Orange Looney Toons says it in his Klan rally.  I struggle to understand what's wrong with people.  I can live with the conservative ideology.  I don't get it, but I accept it.  GOP won the presidency and both chambers and I think that means I get to eat shit and accept their laws and judges.  It's life.  If libs no likee, they ought to go and vote.  But I just can't fathom this shit...that they can completely just lie and work against the public while saying they are working FOR the public, and the public will go out and vote for them.  Hard to understand.

Low information voters.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 pm