Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Actually, this is my daughter's rant

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Actually, this is my daughter's rant Empty Actually, this is my daughter's rant

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:53 pm

She posted this on FB a couple hours ago.  Proud of my girl!

As I'm sure everyone knows, October is breast cancer awareness month!! I love this month and the focus it puts on the fight to find a cure for breast cancer. This year, I have a few more things to say than I usually do.
    My senior year of high school, I heard from multiple people that a girl - someone I had known since kindergarten - was complaining that I use my mother's breast cancer diagnosis to gain attention from others. I generally have pretty tough skin, but this verbal attack got to me. Considering that I'm sitting here writing about it three years later, I'm clearly still hurt by her remarks.
    To that girl, I have to say this:
    1. I hope you never have to experience grave illness in your family the way that my family did. But your privilege of a healthy family has somehow made you unaware that saying hurtful things regarding my mom's health can ruin my spirit even more than cancer itself already did.
    2. Cancer comes with unsolicited attention. A woman walking around with no hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, or breasts is undoubtedly hard to not look at or ask questions about. I asked no one for attention, but got it anyway.
    3. Telling me that you "understand" surgical hardships because your mother got voluntary breast implants is NOT the same as my mom's body being torn to shreds in an attempt to remove the tumor that was trying to kill her.
    4. My mom is over ten years cancer-free now. She is incredible. If you think that that is not something worth celebrating, and it makes me "attention-seeking," then you are surely soulless.
    5. You suck.
    To all my other amazing gal-pals:
    1. Be aware of your medical history. As we get older, it's important for everyone to start getting mammograms and/or other tests, but your own family history can be very telling. If breast cancer runs in your family, you need to start getting tested earlier than you otherwise would need to.
    2. Take what this month represents, and carry it into every month. Check yourself regularly, and be willing to talk to a doctor if need be.
    3. For those who we are fighting for (@ Mommy), we all know you are the real fighters. You guys are an inspiration.
    Happy October, everyone.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Actually, this is my daughter's rant Empty Re: Actually, this is my daughter's rant

Post by cream919 Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 pm

What an awesome young lady!! You have every reason to be proud.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Actually, this is my daughter's rant Empty Re: Actually, this is my daughter's rant

Post by sharpy Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm

5. You suck.

Personally, I think "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" is much more effective....but she's young, she'll learn.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm

sharpy wrote:5. You suck.

Personally, I think "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" is much more effective....but she's young, she'll learn.

Good call.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 am