Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

New executive order

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

New executive order Empty New executive order

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 pm

Trump just issued a new exec order that the Feds can now regulate Facebook and Google because they got tired of how anti-Trump they were (allegedly).  Two private companies being told they have to change their product to conform to the GOP's desire for some kind of perceived fairness.  LOL.  I'm sure that'll hold up in court.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

New executive order Empty Re: New executive order

Post by jaywit Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:06 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Trump just issued a new exec order that the Feds can now regulate Facebook and Google because they got tired of how anti-Trump they were (allegedly).  Two private companies being told they have to change their product to conform to the GOP's desire for some kind of perceived fairness.  LOL.  I'm sure that'll hold up in court.
    I guess deregulation only applies for some.

I'd estimate my Facebook feed displays pro-Trump material 3-4 times more than anti-Trump material.  If Facebook is trying to regulate against Trump, they suck at it.

Of course, my feeds are partially being responsive to what I click to read.  Like watching an accident, it's difficult to turn away from some of the material that's presented.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:29 am

jaywit wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Trump just issued a new exec order that the Feds can now regulate Facebook and Google because they got tired of how anti-Trump they were (allegedly).  Two private companies being told they have to change their product to conform to the GOP's desire for some kind of perceived fairness.  LOL.  I'm sure that'll hold up in court.
    I guess deregulation only applies for some.

I'd estimate my Facebook feed displays pro-Trump material 3-4 times more than anti-Trump material.  If Facebook is trying to regulate against Trump, they suck at it.

Of course, my feeds are partially being responsive to what I click to read.  Like watching an accident, it's difficult to turn away from some of the material that's presented.

Nice to finally see you here, Jay.  I rarely see pro-Trump stuff on FB.  Maybe that's because the bulk of my "friends" are not pro-Trump.  FB used to just offer me links to articles to read in my feed.  Now they don't do that.  I only see what people like Rosebowl or Blchrbum share into their feed.  

It's insane to me to think you could force FB or Google to be more fair, unless they are going to force Brietbart and Drudge report to be more fair.  Since when does a news source or a search engine have to conform to any standards of equal time or someone else's perception of fairness?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Who owns the supreme court? 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:15 pm