Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Elkhart

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Elkhart Empty Elkhart

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:32 am

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Elkhart Empty Re: Elkhart

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:37 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Decent read article about the Elkhart economy for Cream.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obama-helped-save-this-town-trump-may-trash-it-they-dont-care

"Trump lowered my taxes!" 

"Yeah, but you lost your job because of the trade war."

"I don't care, Trump lowered my taxes! Didn't you hear me?"
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Decent read article about the Elkhart economy for Cream.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obama-helped-save-this-town-trump-may-trash-it-they-dont-care

"Trump lowered my taxes!" 

"Yeah, but you lost your job because of the trade war."

"I don't care, Trump lowered my taxes! Didn't you hear me?"

Yeah, but the inflation spike ate up all of the tax savings.

I don't care.  He's making America great again.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Cream must be the local fucking Einstein in that community
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 pm

sharpy wrote:Cream must be the local fucking Einstein in that community

Even on his worst damn day....
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:36 am

Fuck. Elkhart must be pretty damn dumb! I mean, anyone who thinks Ginger Baker is better than Keith Moon...
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:34 pm

alohafri wrote:

Fuck. Elkhart must be pretty damn dumb! I mean, anyone who thinks Ginger Baker is better than Keith Moon...

good point ...
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:54 pm

Actually Keith Moon knew Ginger Baker was better than Keith Moon. lol I loved Keith but he was pretty much a one-trick pony. 

My friends, I have told you for years that the community I live in is one fucked-up town...and always has been. It used to be better when Miles Labs made product here and it was the leading manufacturer of musical instruments...but those days are long gone. Now all it has is mobile home and RV manufacturers and their suppliers. You hear community leaders thump their chests when things are going well but you ought to hear these same leaders wail and moan when the economy tanks, which it always does sooner or later. First thing that takes a nose dive is RVs and next thing you know you have 15-20% unemployment. When that happens, without fail, all your business icons in town cry over the need to diversify....but they never do. It's happened time and again and, rest assured it will happen again. Not a matter of if...only a matter of when. Fuck em...they never learn their lessons. And oh yeah...the jobs in these factories are shit jobs. Non-union, few benefits, constant turnover, and little, if any, employee loyalty. Folks, your RVs and mobile homes are being built by an army of low educated, predominantly white trash transient worker meth-heads. In short, your basic Trump supporter. They keep me in business. 

Within 2 years I plan on being gone from this shithole town. That day can't come soon enough. And lest you forget, I'm NOT a native Hoosier. I was born and raised in Illinois.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am

cream919 wrote:Actually Keith Moon knew Ginger Baker was better than Keith Moon. lol I loved Keith but he was pretty much a one-trick pony. 

My friends, I have told you for years that the community I live in is one fucked-up town...and always has been. It used to be better when Miles Labs made product here and it was the leading manufacturer of musical instruments...but those days are long gone. Now all it has is mobile home and RV manufacturers and their suppliers. You hear community leaders thump their chests when things are going well but you ought to hear these same leaders wail and moan when the economy tanks, which it always does sooner or later. First thing that takes a nose dive is RVs and next thing you know you have 15-20% unemployment. When that happens, without fail, all your business icons in town cry over the need to diversify....but they never do. It's happened time and again and, rest assured it will happen again. Not a matter of if...only a matter of when. Fuck em...they never learn their lessons. And oh yeah...the jobs in these factories are shit jobs. Non-union, few benefits, constant turnover, and little, if any, employee loyalty. Folks, your RVs and mobile homes are being built by an army of low educated, predominantly white trash transient worker meth-heads. In short, your basic Trump supporter. They keep me in business. 

Within 2 years I plan on being gone from this shithole town. That day can't come soon enough. And lest you forget, I'm NOT a native Hoosier. I was born and raised in Illinois.

Thank God you checked in! I was afraid that Stephanie did something bad to you.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm NOT a native Hoosier

Well that much is obvious .... btw - is the band Cream touring??  I assume this is without Clapton?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:32 pm

sharpy wrote:I'm NOT a native Hoosier

Well that much is obvious .... btw - is the band Cream touring??  I assume this is without Clapton?

I'm guessing it would be without Jack Bruce too.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:10 pm

alohafri wrote:

That's right ...good point. I guess if 2/3 of the band are on the side lines, is it the band?

I've wondered before when the original band stops being that band. When Moon died, and Kenny Jones replaced him, I still thought of "The Who", as "The Who". But when Entwistle died, and Zach Starkey became the drummer, and someone I never heard of played base, and Simon Townsend joined the bad,  they stopped being "The Who" in my head - now more like the "Daltry-Townsend Band" playing songs from "The Who".
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm

sharpy wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

That's right ...good point. I guess if 2/3 of the band are on the side lines, is it the band?

I've wondered before when the original band stops being that band. When Moon died, and Kenny Jones replaced him, I still thought of "The Who", as "The Who". But when Entwistle died, and Zach Starkey became the drummer, and someone I never heard of played base, and Simon Townsend joined the bad,  they stopped being "The Who" in my head - now more like the "Daltry-Townsend Band" playing songs from "The Who".

I actually think that would be a good name, the Daltrey-Townshend Band! Starkey does have a link to Moonie. Keith was his godfather.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Cream was finished when Jack Bruce died. Ginger Baker, at 79, no longer plays and has had open heart surgery to go along with his severe COPD and arthritis. On the plus side, on Sunday October 7th, me and BronxGirl will be in Madison Square Garden to see Eric Clapton. Word has it this might be Eric's last tour.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Thank God you checked in! I was afraid that Stephanie did something bad to you.

****************************************************************************

Actually I had problems getting on the board for a couple of days.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:06 am

Word has it this might be Eric's last tour.

I heard his health wasn't that great either
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:50 am

cream919 wrote:Cream was finished when Jack Bruce died. Ginger Baker, at 79, no longer plays and has had open heart surgery to go along with his severe COPD and arthritis. On the plus side, on Sunday October 7th, me and BronxGirl will be in Madison Square Garden to see Eric Clapton. Word has it this might be Eric's last tour.

Is TrueFan going with you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:45 am