Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Cole Hamels

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Cole Hamels  Empty Cole Hamels

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Hamels has given up 3 runs in 36 innings.  And we gave up very little to get him.  Unfortunately we can't say the same about Quintana.  I have to wonder who we might have been able to get for Eloy if we still had him to deal.  Darvish has a minor league start on Sunday.  If he comes back reasonably strong (and I understand that's a big "if"), Quintana may not even make the 4-man playoff rotation.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Cole Hamels  Empty Re: Cole Hamels

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm

blondy28 wrote:Hamels has given up 3 runs in 36 innings.  And we gave up very little to get him.  Unfortunately we can't say the same about Quintana.  I have to wonder who we might have been able to get for Eloy if we still had him to deal.  Darvish has a minor league start on Sunday.  If he comes back reasonably strong (and I understand that's a big "if"), Quintana may not even make the 4-man playoff rotation.

Darvish pulled himself out after one inning and is demanding another MRI. He said that the pain he was experiencing was the same pain he felt after his last minor league start.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:53 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Hamels has given up 3 runs in 36 innings.  And we gave up very little to get him.  Unfortunately we can't say the same about Quintana.  I have to wonder who we might have been able to get for Eloy if we still had him to deal.  Darvish has a minor league start on Sunday.  If he comes back reasonably strong (and I understand that's a big "if"), Quintana may not even make the 4-man playoff rotation.

Darvish pulled himself out after one inning and is demanding another MRI. He said that the pain he was experiencing was the same pain he felt after his last minor league start.

I know.  Makes absolutely no sense.  If they already gave him an MRI for this pain, what does he think another MRI would show?  Something stinks here.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:04 pm

I don't get it.  If you're going to take a month or two off to rehab, why even bother anymore with the MRI.  Have a doc go in there with a scope and look around.  If nothing looks icky, pull out, sew it up and he'll be fine in a couple weeks.  If something's wrong, fix it and deal with it.  When I was 22, I could no longer throw a ball over about 40 mph.  Searing pain in my shoulder.  Doc went in and said I had a minor piece of torn labrum being impinged during my throwing motion and just pulled it out.  It was like having a hangnail removed, or a rock being taken out of your shoe.  Literally, a couple weeks later I was able to throw as hard as I'd ever been able.  No amount of rest or rehab would have helped me.  in fact, I played softball league for about four years with my labrum in that condition, knowing something was fucked up.  I told the cutoff man to come WAY out into LF because I couldn't throw.  It was weird to go from "I can't throw" to like new after a surgical procedure that took maybe 20 mins.  I don't understand why more of these guys don't have the doc just take a peek to see if there is something easily fixable.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I know.  Makes absolutely no sense.  If they already gave him an MRI for this pain, what does he think another MRI would show?  Something stinks here.

I think he's a headcase.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:45 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I think he's a headcase.

Or just not any good .
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:28 am

sharpy wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I think he's a headcase.

Or just not any good .

There's that too. They're paying him like a #2 and he's probably a #5.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:08 am

Hamels - 3 earned runs over 5 games and a complete game last night.  Gave up little to get him.   Lester and Hendricks seem to have turned a corner.  The #4 is the big question mark.  Not sure if we can do a 3-man rotation in the playoffs.  Think we'd be better off with Montgomery than Quintana.  Since Quintana is flat out awful in the first two innings rather than maybe after the first time through the order like some pitchers, I don't think we can afford to start him in the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:18 pm