Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
blondy28
SoxIlliniRob
6 posters

Rep. Jim Jordan

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Rep. Jim Jordan Empty Rep. Jim Jordan

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:46 am

Sounds like this asshole is toast. Knew about and ignored sexual abuse by a high school wrestling coach back in the day. Sorry for the kids but will enjoy watching this dick bite the dust.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Rep. Jim Jordan Empty Re: Rep. Jim Jordan

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:15 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Sounds like this asshole is toast.  Knew about and ignored sexual abuse by a high school wrestling coach back in the day.  Sorry for the kids but will enjoy watching this dick bite the dust.  

Not even remotely surprised that he did this, given that just last week he was attacking an ethical public servant in a hearing to cover up for the orange prick in the white house.  He appears to have a history of covering for criminals.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Sounds like this asshole is toast.  Knew about and ignored sexual abuse by a high school wrestling coach back in the day.  Sorry for the kids but will enjoy watching this dick bite the dust.  
    This was not an high school coach (unless this is something new). It was the DOCTOR for the Ohio State wrestling team. Apparently many other teams were also impacted. Said doctor always seemed to be available and would shower with players. Seemed other "faculty members" ALSO chose to shower then.
    Players said they knew that anytime they went to doc, he would have them drop their pants. According to one he went in for thumb injury and doc asked him to drop pants. said WTF.
    Said he told Jordan and Jordan said he would kill him if he ever pulled something on him!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:18 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    This was not an high school coach (unless this is something new). It was the DOCTOR for the Ohio State wrestling team. Apparently many other teams were also impacted. Said doctor always seemed to be available and would shower with players. Seemed other "faculty members" ALSO chose to shower then.
    Players said they knew that anytime they went to doc, he would have them drop their pants. According to one he went in for thumb injury and doc asked him to drop pants. said WTF.
    Said he told Jordan and Jordan said he would kill him if he ever pulled something on him!

Good catch.  I read that this morning and the incorrect details in Rob's post went right over my head.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Yep, after I wrote it out it hit me...remembered it was a college thing.  Sounds like Jordan was playing the stooge to the abuser the way Paterno did with Sandusky.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:34 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:

"Doc, my thumb hurts."
    "Drop your pants."
    "I said my thumb hurts, I didn't say I shoved it up my ass."
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:03 pm

alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

"Doc, my thumb hurts."
    "Drop your pants."
    You do occasionally come up with some good ones!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:52 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

"Doc, my thumb hurts."
    "Drop your pants."
    You do occasionally come up with some good ones!!

Gee, thanks Frank. Wink
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Yea big news out here in Columbus - guy was a team doc for almost 20 yrs . Reporter/columnist for the Dispatch was on the track team during that time period and he wrote today in the paper that it was widely known and talked about, how this doctor (Stauss) just made you feel uncomfortable when you when you went to him.  Checking for hernias a little too long ..staring a little too long - and that it was common locker room banter and bathroom humor galore about heim ...said he never "abused" him, but made him feel very uncomfortable. He said he called a teammate from 30+ yrs ago to see if this guy remembered Strauss and the first words out of his mouth were - "Yep, Never wanted to go see him, and afterward was always sorry I did" - making a point of how this kind of shit stays with you. 
    Jordan - who I hate with a passion - was an All- American wrestler at U.Wisconsin and was, at the time, an assistant coach for the wrestling team. All those that have come out against Strauss have said that Jordan knew b/c as assistant coach, they would seek him out. He has vigorously denied knowing anything about it  - and of course, Trump has tweeted that all five are lying .  Home Jordan fries in hell
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 pm

So a bunch of wrestlers have come out to defend Jim Jordan, saying they had never heard anything about this skeevy doctor and that Jim Jordan is an upstanding guy.  How, exactly, can these guys know whether or not other athletes confided in Jordan?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:45 pm

blondy28 wrote:So a bunch of wrestlers have come out to defend Jim Jordan, saying they had never heard anything about this skeevy doctor and that Jim Jordan is an upstanding guy.  How, exactly, can these guys know whether or not other athletes confided in Jordan?

I've found myself wondering on more than one occasion if this is some kind of hit job/dirty tricks sort of thing being done against Jordan.  I believe that Franken was likely treated to the same dish.  Seemed to me like his whole situation was sort of manufactured out of nowhere and went away as quick as it arrived.  No idea either way and, to be honest, I've never despised a member of Congress more than this asshole Jordan.  I suspect we're entering a new phase of politics where dirty tricks are going to be a thing and be the way these wars are fought.  No regard for honesty.  It'll just be to see what people can get away with.  I'm not saying these allegations against Jordan aren't true, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is possibly a hit job.  I also won't be surprised if some kind of hit job is manufactured against the new SCOTUS pick if they (the Dems) can't find something scathing enough in his past to build a true case against him.  Definitely entering a new era...
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:So a bunch of wrestlers have come out to defend Jim Jordan, saying they had never heard anything about this skeevy doctor and that Jim Jordan is an upstanding guy.  How, exactly, can these guys know whether or not other athletes confided in Jordan?

I've found myself wondering on more than one occasion if this is some kind of hit job/dirty tricks sort of thing being done against Jordan.  I believe that Franken was likely treated to the same dish.  Seemed to me like his whole situation was sort of manufactured out of nowhere and went away as quick as it arrived.  No idea either way and, to be honest, I've never despised a member of Congress more than this asshole Jordan.  I suspect we're entering a new phase of politics where dirty tricks are going to be a thing and be the way these wars are fought.  No regard for honesty.  It'll just be to see what people can get away with.  I'm not saying these allegations against Jordan aren't true, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is possibly a hit job.  I also won't be surprised if some kind of hit job is manufactured against the new SCOTUS pick if they (the Dems) can't find something scathing enough in his past to build a true case against him.  Definitely entering a new era...

I'm not so sure those cases are comparable.  The people who have come out in support of Jordan are NOT supporting the skeevy doctor...at least in the articles I read.  So as far as I can tell, nobody is questioning the fact that this guy was molesting athletes.  If that, alone, is true and irrefutable, then certainly people could have different experiences with Jordan in terms of their interaction with him about it.  And if memory serves, none of the athletes have said that they confided in Jordan directly....more that he was in the locker room while it was being discussed and that he certainly heard those conversations.  I find Jordan all kinds of sketchy, so there's virtually nothing you could tell me about him that would surprise me.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 pm

I suspect we're entering a new phase of politics where dirty tricks are going to be a thing and be the way these wars are fought.

*****************************************************************************************

Shit's been going on forever Rob...there's even a term for it. It's called "ratfucking".  Ever hear of the dirty work Donald Segretti did for the Nixon re-election committee? It's commonplace on both sides...especially in presidential campaigns. Some of the shit that gets pulled off is often very clever and sometimes even hilarious. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 am

I am aware of such tricks of the past, but am suggesting that maybe it's becoming the rule, rather than the exception.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am

Blondy, to be clear I am not suggesting that the Jordan allegations aren't true. Just saying I am leaving the door open to the possibility that it's a railroad job. Not likely, but the timing of these claims seems odd. Nobody seems to argue that the actions didn't occur. Strange that all these yrs later half the team is suddenly pointing this out.

For the record Jordan is my most despised congressman, so it suits me fine if this buries that fuckhead, assuming it's true.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Deep state! Illuminati!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:08 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Blondy, to be clear I am not suggesting that the Jordan allegations aren't true.  Just saying I am leaving the door open to the possibility that it's a railroad job.  Not likely, but the timing of these claims seems odd.  Nobody seems to argue that the actions didn't occur.  Strange that all these yrs later half the team is suddenly pointing this out.

For the record Jordan is my most despised congressman, so it suits me fine if this buries that fuckhead, assuming it's true.

The investigation into the allegations against Strauss started in April, and there are victims from 14 different sports teams at Ohio State, and victims who were high schoolers who have provided information in the investigation.  I would say that there's enough information from a broad scope of people that leads one to say with relative confidence that this guy is guilty of the actions of which he's being accused.  As for the timing, here's a pretty good account of why some people are coming forward who did not previously come forward:

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180707/rob-oller-physicals-by-dr-strauss-unnerved-ohio-state-track-athletes-in-early-1980s

I'd imagine that some victims came forward very quietly well before a public investigation was initiated in April.  It was only after the investigation went public that more people have spoken up.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Nobody seems to argue that the actions didn't occur. Strange that all these yrs later half the team is suddenly pointing this out.

You're younger than I am, or Cream, but even so, you lived thru a period of time when what guy would make a stink over someone making him "uncomfortable"?  When you were in college, if you felt uncomfortable around a team doctor/trainer/coach, where you running to tell anyone?  Doubt it...like everyone else on the team, or my teams, or anyone's group, you felt odd but moved on and didn't say a word - besides, back then, nobody would have either believed you, or really gave a shit. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

I don't disagree with either of you, Tim or Pam.  My belief is that there is some meat on these bones, but there's a part of me that's willing to listen to his denials and listen to the allegations and at least grant a bit of leeway in terms of being willing to at least consider that it might be a dirty trick situation, which is something I also believe may have occurred with Franken.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:26 pm

You're right Tim...things were a lot different back in our day. It's not even so much that things were covered up or swept under the rug...it was just a point in time where things were "looser" and viewed through a different lens.  This is not to say today's attitudes towards sexual harassment are wrong or too over the top....it's just to say that there's now a playing field that doesn't even begin to resemble the playing field of 30-40 years ago.

Believe it or not I was sexually harassed back in the early 90's. I was out of town for a conference with my female boss and another co-worker. My boss got a few drinks down her and came on to me...making it abundantly clear that she wanted me to go back to her room with her. My other co-worker saw what was going down. It was a no-win situation for me...I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't. Well...I didn't and from that day forward she treated me differently than she had before. As it turned out a change in judges set the wheels in motion for her early retirement and I was promoted to take her place anyway. All's well that ends well I guess. Still, I never mentioned what had happened to anyone but me and the co-worker who witnessed what was going down would talk and even laugh about what had happened from time to time. He's since passed on so the only two people aware of what happened over 25 years ago is my old boss and myself. 

I run into her from time to time and we're even cordial to each other. I suppose I could have made a big issue of things back then but I chose not too...hell I didn't sleep with her anyway so my conscience was clear. But like Tim pointed out..even if I would have talked about it back then...I don't really think anyone would have gave a shit and the thing would have just died on the vine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:58 pm