Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Correspondence Dinner

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Correspondence Dinner Empty Correspondence Dinner

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Um, my guess is that someone or several people will be fired after the Michelle Wolf routine. Stunning that someone slipped her past the goalie!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Correspondence Dinner Empty Re: Correspondence Dinner

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:03 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Um, my guess is that someone or several people will be fired after the Michelle Wolf routine.  Stunning that someone slipped her past the goalie!

Dammit.  Forgot it was on.  Just saw a couple jokes..and the end.  Talk about uncomfortable applause.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Some was funny. Much of it was cringey. Someone didn't do their homework.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:31 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Some was funny.  Much of it was cringey.  Someone didn't do their homework.

Just watched it on youtube.  It was fantastic from beginning to end.  The Huckster looked like she was going to get up and leave and Kelly Anne looked none too happy.  I found it laugh out loud funny.  I predict Trumpy will be crazy tweeting about this.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 pm

I'll just say I enjoyed it, but partly because I enjoy uncomfortable moments where nobody knows how to react.  I was always that dude that loved blind dates because I liked the weirdness of them.  That comedy routine had its moments, but WOW.  Considering how overall inappropriate the president is, I'm not losing sleep or worrying that she disgraced the president.  If she'd have put forth an act like that during Obama, or either Bush or Reagan or Carter or Ford, I'd have found it offensive.  Fuck Trump and his loathsome shitbag administration.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:39 pm

If you liked her tonight, she has a pretty good Netflix special that Pam and I laughed our asses off at a couple months ago.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:58 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:If you liked her tonight, she has a pretty good Netflix special that Pam and I laughed our asses off at a couple months ago.

I'll check it out.  I just re-watched the Correspondence Dinner with Dale.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:56 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Some was funny.  Much of it was cringey.  Someone didn't do their homework.

Gotta figure the thing that will piss off Trump the most were the jokes about him not being rich. 

I so loved watching Wolf making true statements/jokes about SHS.  I liked the Pence material, too.  It was all good.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:30 am

It was locker room talk. No harm, no foul.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:18 am

I didn't watch, but did read some of the comments of Michelle Wolf and found them to be much more mean-spirited than Correspondent Dinners of the past. Even the old Dean Martin roasts left those being roasted laughing.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 am

alohafri wrote:I didn't watch, but did read some of the comments of Michelle Wolf and found them to be much more mean-spirited than Correspondent Dinners of the past. Even the old Dean Martin roasts left those being roasted laughing.

Yes.  It was definitely more mean spirited.  I've heard arguments for and against her approach, and both have merit.  This is a mean spirited administration.  Sarah Huckabee is insulting, condescending, mean, and tells lies every time she steps in front of a microphone.  That said, I thought that event was supposed to be silly, funny, and an overall good time.  It might have been a good time for the libs that hate Trump and Sarah, but I'm of the belief that jokes that are cutting but also funny to both sides end up leaving more of a mark.  All this comedy set did was send the tribes running into their corners.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I didn't watch, but did read some of the comments of Michelle Wolf and found them to be much more mean-spirited than Correspondent Dinners of the past. Even the old Dean Martin roasts left those being roasted laughing.

Yes.  It was definitely more mean spirited.  I've heard arguments for and against her approach, and both have merit.  This is a mean spirited administration.  Sarah Huckabee is insulting, condescending, mean, and tells lies every time she steps in front of a microphone.  That said, I thought that event was supposed to be silly, funny, and an overall good time.  It might have been a good time for the libs that hate Trump and Sarah, but I'm of the belief that jokes that are cutting but also funny to both sides end up leaving more of a mark.  All this comedy set did was send the tribes running into their corners.

Someone has to be the adult in the room...someone.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:12 pm

alohafri wrote:

Good fucking luck with that.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:19 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I certainly won't find it in the bald guy who has an obsession with young Asian girls. I think his kids are more adult than he is.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I certainly won't find it in the bald guy who has an obsession with young Asian girls. I think his kids are more adult than he is.

Probably.  Then again, I have an 11 yr old kid that's more mature than I am.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 pm

I have two granddaughters, both under six, who make more sense than Kark does.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Just my 2 cents....and yeah I think Wolf probably went over the top. That said, Fuck Sarah Huckabee, fuck her dad Mike Huckabee for the matter, and fuck KelleyAnne Conway. Bottom line, and call me petty...I'll own it...I just can't dredge up even the slightest shred of sympathy for any of these pathological lying assholes. Mad
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 pm

cream919 wrote:Just my 2 cents....and yeah I think Wolf probably went over the top. That said, Fuck Sarah Huckabee, fuck her dad Mike Huckabee for the matter, and fuck KelleyAnne Conway. Bottom line, and call me petty...I'll own it...I just can't dredge up even the slightest shred of sympathy for any of these pathological lying assholes. Mad

Fuckin' A right, Cream.  Exactly.  Probably not the best venue for that kind of comedy and probably a bit mean spirited, but do i feel sorry for those shitfucks?  Hell to the no!  Nothing she said is any worse than what our president utters almost daily on Twitter or in old clips of him ripping on people.  If the president is saying it, isn't that sort of setting the trend and guidelines?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:08 am