Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

is this how its supposed to work?

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

is this how its supposed to work? Empty is this how its supposed to work?

Post by sharpy Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't know if this story made it to your part of the world, but I guess this is the reason why the NRA is all guns all the time. Apparently 2 guys were in the Walgreen's in a suburb of  Columbus and they had an argument and a fight broke out - actually fist-a -cuffs and the whole nine yards ..right in the store. ..after rolling around for a while, one of the guys pulled out a gun and shot the other - dead - in the store.  Now, this was in an up and coming middle to upper class suburb, and the "alleged" gunman was a card carrying NRA member who also had a license for concealed carry firearm ...which he apparently was carrying ..and concealing ..until he got pissed off enough and just pulled it out and killed the other guy.....now, can any gun backer explain to me how "guns don't kill people, people kill people" makes sense?  If this guy was not allowed to have a gun. licensed, trained, law abiding or not...two lives would not have been ruined.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

is this how its supposed to work? Empty Re: is this how its supposed to work?

Post by alohafri Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:39 pm

sharpy wrote:I don't know if this story made it to your part of the world, but I guess this is the reason why the NRA is all guns all the time. Apparently 2 guys were in the Walgreen's in a suburb of  Columbus and they had an argument and a fight broke out - actually fist-a -cuffs and the whole nine yards ..right in the store. ..after rolling around for a while, one of the guys pulled out a gun and shot the other - dead - in the store.  Now, this was in an up and coming middle to upper class suburb, and the "alleged" gunman was a card carrying NRA member who also had a license for concealed carry firearm ...which he apparently was carrying ..and concealing ..until he got pissed off enough and just pulled it out and killed the other guy.....now, can any gun backer explain to me how "guns don't kill people, people kill people" makes sense?  If this guy was not allowed to have a gun. licensed, trained, law abiding or not...two lives would not have been ruined.

But that has to be fake news! The Wild West doesn't happen in NRA world.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:I don't know if this story made it to your part of the world, but I guess this is the reason why the NRA is all guns all the time. Apparently 2 guys were in the Walgreen's in a suburb of  Columbus and they had an argument and a fight broke out - actually fist-a -cuffs and the whole nine yards ..right in the store. ..after rolling around for a while, one of the guys pulled out a gun and shot the other - dead - in the store.  Now, this was in an up and coming middle to upper class suburb, and the "alleged" gunman was a card carrying NRA member who also had a license for concealed carry firearm ...which he apparently was carrying ..and concealing ..until he got pissed off enough and just pulled it out and killed the other guy.....now, can any gun backer explain to me how "guns don't kill people, people kill people" makes sense?  If this guy was not allowed to have a gun. licensed, trained, law abiding or not...two lives would not have been ruined.

But that has to be fake news! The Wild West doesn't happen in NRA world.
    As I and Cream had mentioned in an earlier post, it actually seems like this group of Floridian high schoolers are gaining momentum- and now the NRA has come out against Trump who said they were on board with a raise in the age limit.
    As someone said, 30 years ago, the NRA was about gun safety and gun safety courses. Now they are ONLY about gun SALES-and anything that assists those.
    These kids are going after those who are getting the funds from the NRA-and are not backing off. NOTHING more dangerous than somebody who CANT BE BOUGHT!
    The NRA has gone after them full bore which tells me they are really uptight. And now I believe others are goin to be coming on board.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:36 pm

And now I believe others are goin to be coming on board.

Lots of corporations have dumped their support of the NRA - Delta and United, bank of Omaha cancelled the NRA MasterCard ...whole list of companies jumping ship ..lets hope it continues...still skeptical anything of substance will occur, but, I lived thru the Vietnam protests and altho it took years, I believe it did have some affect - but, Mothers have to get involved and with these kids ..women are always the key to these type of protests
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 am

sharpy wrote: And now I believe others are goin to be coming on board.

Lots of corporations have dumped their support of the NRA - Delta and United, bank of Omaha cancelled the NRA MasterCard ...whole list of companies jumping ship ..lets hope it continues...still skeptical anything of substance will occur, but, I lived thru the Vietnam protests and altho it took years, I believe it did have some affect - but, Mothers have to get involved and with these kids ..women are always the key to these type of protests

A woman I work with has a husband who I would call a "gun nut". He has taken his personal days to go to gun shows. He also teaches. I asked her if he was the first in line to be the one carrying the weapon in his school. She said that he wanted no part of it due to liability. Then she went on to say that he dropped his NRA membership about a year ago because he thought they were getting too radical. For this knucklehead to say that is saying a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 pm