Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Rizzo's HS

cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Rizzo's HS Empty Rizzo's HS

Post by cream919 Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Read today where Anthony Rizzo attended the high school that had the horrible shooting. Apparently he's taking a day or two to go there and lend his moral support to the kids and staff. Good for him! Also said some things about gun control and such that I'm sure won't sit well with with the uber-conservative Trump-bitch ownership of the Cubs. I half expect him to get traded! lol
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Rizzo's HS Empty Re: Rizzo's HS

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 pm

cream919 wrote:Read today where Anthony Rizzo attended the high school that had the horrible shooting. Apparently he's taking a day or two to go there and lend his moral support to the kids and staff. Good for him! Also said some things about gun control and such that I'm sure won't sit well with with the uber-conservative Trump-bitch ownership of the Cubs. I half expect him to get traded! lol

Yeah, Rizzo flew out there immediately.

Laura Ricketts is an owner and she's a big left wing lesbo, and Theo Epstein is super liberal, so I'm thinking Rizzo's job is safe.  I actually think Rizzo would be a great person to speak out about gun control.  He's a "celeb", but not from the Hollywood Elite, and typically a pretty humble, noncontroversial guy.  But who knows...now that these kids have a voice, this massacre seems different.  We jaded old folks just hear the politicians give the same sorry responses.  "It's too soon", "It's a mental health issue, not a gun issue".  Even when children were massacred at Sandy Hook, it was the parents who were speaking.  Now you've got social media savvy kids who recorded the terror on their snapchat stories, and kids who know how to use the twitter machine and who have no problem shooting down Trump or Tari Lahren (or whatever her name is) and telling them to GET FUCKED...and these kids were just shot at and have dead friends, so those buffoons can't respond.  And not all of them can vote this year, but some can...and others will soon.  Obama won when young people got involved.  They're engaged again.  We might actually see some movement on this.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am

i agree and let's hope so. Social media wasn't even around when Columbine occurred and, of course, Sandy Hook was the little kids. Sad  Like you said....this is different. Like all survivors of this kind of madness, these kids will never be the same...and they're angry!! God bless them and their willingness to tell the gun fetish crowd to fuck off.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 pm

There’s a grass roots movement of moms going from city to city with the theme of voting out NRA backed candidates. Now some cynical people, like me, may scoff at this as meaningless bullshit and window dressing but then I recall that this is the way MADD started - with a mother whose kid was killed by a drunk driver. So maybe there’s a light. 
    BTW - a student of parkland answered Trumps useless tweet with a resounding Fuck You we don’t need your thoughts and prayers we need action. 
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Read today where Anthony Rizzo attended the high school that had the horrible shooting. Apparently he's taking a day or two to go there and lend his moral support to the kids and staff. Good for him! Also said some things about gun control and such that I'm sure won't sit well with with the uber-conservative Trump-bitch ownership of the Cubs. I half expect him to get traded! lol

Yeah, Rizzo flew out there immediately.

Laura Ricketts is an owner and she's a big left wing lesbo, and Theo Epstein is super liberal, so I'm thinking Rizzo's job is safe.  I actually think Rizzo would be a great person to speak out about gun control.  He's a "celeb", but not from the Hollywood Elite, and typically a pretty humble, noncontroversial guy.  But who knows...now that these kids have a voice, this massacre seems different.  We jaded old folks just hear the politicians give the same sorry responses.  "It's too soon", "It's a mental health issue, not a gun issue".  Even when children were massacred at Sandy Hook, it was the parents who were speaking.  Now you've got social media savvy kids who recorded the terror on their snapchat stories, and kids who know how to use the twitter machine and who have no problem shooting down Trump or Tari Lahren (or whatever her name is) and telling them to GET FUCKED...and these kids were just shot at and have dead friends, so those buffoons can't respond.  And not all of them can vote this year, but some can...and others will soon.  Obama won when young people got involved.  They're engaged again.  We might actually see some movement on this.
    you all need to read the talk of a senior who really went after politicians who are supported by NRA. Called out True and his $30 million from NRA. Called out Chuck Grassley of Iowa who said it was a shame the FBI didn't do mental health check on shooter. She mentioned he was sole sponsor of law where Trump rescinded Obama regulation re reporting mental health patients and gun permits.
    Mentioned that Grassley sponsored regulation prohibiting fBI from mental health checks.
    This may FINALLY do something.
    Crowd was chanting with her calling BS to a whole bunch of pro gun and NRA taking points

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:30 pm