Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Wow-not sure where to post this

frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Wow-not sure where to post this Empty Wow-not sure where to post this

Post by frank bonifacic Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Think you'll all enjoy this -and you'll understand why I wasn't sure where to post it. Always nice to get a different perspective on things. Little long but very interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2756799-i-need-a-miracle-every-day-jake-peavy-picks-up-pieces-of-a-shattered-life?share=email
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Wow-not sure where to post this Empty Re: Wow-not sure where to post this

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Last edited by SoxIlliniRob on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Rob could you try sharing the link again. For whatever reason it's not opening on my puter. I just get a blank page. Thx.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:13 pm

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks for sharing that Frank. Jake should be an inspiration to many.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Thanks Rob...the link worked.

OK...interesting article but Mr. 55K per year probation officer has a couple things I'd like to say.

I'm sorry Peavy got ripped off and taken advantage of by someone he trusted. That's never a good thing and no doubt between that and the divorce it's been an emotionally gut-wrenching period in his life. And yes, he lost a shitload of money. But let's be abundantly clear here...he STILL has a shitload of money and the article indicates he's liable to get maybe half of what he lost back! I think a little perspective is warranted here. He's not going to be standing with a tin cup outside your local 7-11 anytime soon. In short, he's still easily a 1%er. 

And here's Jake claiming "I need a miracle every day!" from the comfort of his 5,500 acre estate that has a work out area bigger than the office I work in. My dear Jake...I can send you quite a list of people I personally know who need miracles a tad bit more expediently than you. 

My friends...this is yet another example of what's wrong with this country. This celebrity worship we engage in which takes someone who is famous and has a big wad of cash in the bank and make them out as though they're just a little more important than the rest of us. Somehow, their problems are of more significance than ours. We put people on a pedestal based on the how wealthy and famous they are. That's bullshit. I know that and you know that. 

I wish Jake Peavy luck and bear him no animosity whatsoever. Seems like a good guy. I hope he has good health and enjoys life with his family. I also hope justice is served in his legal matters and that the man who ripped him off suffers the appropriate consequences. That said, spare me the hyperbole about how bad he's got it. 

There's an old saying about how the rich have the same problems as the poor. Yes, that's true, but there is one extremely crucial difference.

The rich can afford theirs.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:47 pm

cream919 wrote:Thanks Rob...the link worked.

OK...interesting article but Mr. 55K per year probation officer has a couple things I'd like to say.

I'm sorry Peavy got ripped off and taken advantage of by someone he trusted. That's never a good thing and no doubt between that and the divorce it's been an emotionally gut-wrenching period in his life. And yes, he lost a shitload of money. But let's be abundantly clear here...he STILL has a shitload of money and the article indicates he's liable to get maybe half of what he lost back! I think a little perspective is warranted here. He's not going to be standing with a tin cup outside your local 7-11 anytime soon. In short, he's still easily a 1%er. 

And here's Jake claiming "I need a miracle every day!" from the comfort of his 5,500 acre estate that has a work out area bigger than the office I work in. My dear Jake...I can send you quite a list of people I personally know who need miracles a tad bit more expediently than you. 

My friends...this is yet another example of what's wrong with this country. This celebrity worship we engage in which takes someone who is famous and has a big wad of cash in the bank and make them out as though they're just a little more important than the rest of us. Somehow, their problems are of more significance than ours. We put people on a pedestal based on the how wealthy and famous they are. That's bullshit. I know that and you know that. 

I wish Jake Peavy luck and bear him no animosity whatsoever. Seems like a good guy. I hope he has good health and enjoys life with his family. I also hope justice is served in his legal matters and that the man who ripped him off suffers the appropriate consequences. That said, spare me the hyperbole about how bad he's got it. 

There's an old saying about how the rich have the same problems as the poor. Yes, that's true, but there is one extremely crucial difference.

Agree with much of what you say. I was more sympathetic toward the divorce and his family situation. Was impressed at his rep as a really good guy. Never knew that.wasnt really concerned about his finances- just a good guy who got screwed by a friend and blind sided by wife.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 pm

You want to hear a bizarre and sad story, google the history of Jack Johnson, the defenseman for the Columbus Blue Jackets ...Frank, you should find this one interesting.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Thanks Rob...the link worked.

Agree with much of what you say. I was more sympathetic toward the divorce and his family situation. Was impressed at his rep as a really good guy. Never knew that.wasnt really concerned about his finances- just a good guy who got screwed by a friend and blind sided by wife.

I was focusing more on his giving back to the community, giving to his friends and teammates.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content