Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Retirements

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Retirements Empty Retirements

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Trey Goudy retiring from Congress. Why so many leaving? Is Trey gonna dedicate more of his time to getting to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi and somehow indicting Hillary as a co-conspirator? Or is that Hannity's job?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Retirements Empty Re: Retirements

Post by sharpy Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm

I firmly believe that tax cut was their severance pay. I think those leaving are sure they are not going to win in 2018 and don't want to be remembered as a loser - either to a more right wing republican, or to the democrat. they got their money. their post government PAC job, or law firm, and are out, with a ton of money, less taxes and the self satisfaction they fucked over a whole lot of people 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 pm

Trey Goudy wasn't going to lose in the midterms.  He's in a locked down district and his ongoing harassment of Hillary has basically ensured him a lifetime seat in the House.  The mouthbreathers love him.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Trey Goudy wasn't going to lose in the midterms.  He's in a locked down district and his ongoing harassment of Hillary has basically ensured him a lifetime seat in the House.  The mouthbreathers love him.

I think in part that it's just cowardice.  These guys know Trump is going down, and if they get on board with impeachment, the mouthbreathers will vote them out.  They'll denigrate the FBI and obstruct the investigation, but once the truth is out and irrefutable, they'll be in a Republican no-win situation.  They'd rather get out now.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:57 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Trey Goudy wasn't going to lose in the midterms.  He's in a locked down district and his ongoing harassment of Hillary has basically ensured him a lifetime seat in the House.  The mouthbreathers love him.

I think in part that it's just cowardice.  These guys know Trump is going down, and if they get on board with impeachment, the mouthbreathers will vote them out.  They'll denigrate the FBI and obstruct the investigation, but once the truth is out and irrefutable, they'll be in a Republican no-win situation.  They'd rather get out now.

I don't see Trump going down.  If Mueller comes out and says flat out he obstructed justice and that there's pretty clear evidence that he attempted to collude with Russian agents to affect the election, I still don't see Congress booting him.  And if there's a Dem majority in the House by then, and if they impeach him, the Senate won't vote to boot him anyway.  I believe he's around for the long haul.  GOP congressmen have hitched their wagon to this goon and are going to stick by him.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

I don't see Trump going down.  If Mueller comes out and says flat out he obstructed justice and that there's pretty clear evidence that he attempted to collude with Russian agents to affect the election, I still don't see Congress booting him.  And if there's a Dem majority in the House by then, and if they impeach him, the Senate won't vote to boot him anyway.  I believe he's around for the long haul.  GOP congressmen have hitched their wagon to this goon and are going to stick by him.

Depends how you define that.  Some might categorize  Clinton as having gone down (insert dirty pun) because he was impeached, but others may say he didn't go down because he ultimately remained President, and his approval ratings went up.  I would contend that one could "go down" by other means.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Depends how you define that.  Some might categorize  Clinton as having gone down (insert dirty pun) because he was impeached, but others may say he didn't go down because he ultimately remained President, and his approval ratings went up.  I would contend that one could "go down" by other means.

I definitely don't think of Clinton as having gone down.  At no time during the process did I think he would be taken out of office.  The whole thing made him stronger and I don't rule out the same thing happening in this case.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Trump won't get booted out of office. Best that can be hoped for is the democrats to get elected in sufficient enough numbers to neutralize the clown and make him inconsequential.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:17 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I definitely don't think of Clinton as having gone down.  

Oh, Clinton went down...at least according to Monica.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:58 pm