Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Ruh Roh

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Ruh Roh Empty Ruh Roh

Post by alohafri Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:18 pm

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Ruh Roh Empty Re: Ruh Roh

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Tell me about it.  I'm entertaining a boycott.  I'm a big boycotter, but most of them have been relatively painless.  Jimmy John's.  Hobby Lobby.  Chick Fil-A (which I've never been to, outside of the day they were having a protest where you kissed someone of the same gender on their property, and I went there with the intention of kissing a stranger but the police prevented the protest).  Red States.  I mean...typically a boycott means you don't give them your money, and I haven't been to a Cubs game in probably 6 or 7 years...so perhaps I could still watch/listen, as long as I don't give them my money.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:15 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Tell me about it.  I'm entertaining a boycott.  I'm a big boycotter, but most of them have been relatively painless.  Jimmy John's.  Hobby Lobby.  Chick Fil-A (which I've never been to, outside of the day they were having a protest where you kissed someone of the same gender on their property, and I went there with the intention of kissing a stranger but the police prevented the protest).  Red States.  I mean...typically a boycott means you don't give them your money, and I haven't been to a Cubs game in probably 6 or 7 years...so perhaps I could still watch/listen, as long as I don't give them my money.

I need to add Jimmy John's to my boycott list.  That guy is the lowest of the low, running around murdering trophy animals.  He got his start down in Champaign in the 80s and early 90's and he was known around town as being a serial assaulter and eventually served trial for date rape and was acquitted.  He claimed consent.  She claimed no consent.  Not enough proof, I guess.  Probably hard to prove.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:59 am

If boycotts make you feel good, then fine. I refuse. All they do is motivate the other side, no matter what that side may be.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:26 am

alohafri wrote:If boycotts make you feel good, then fine. I refuse. All they do is motivate the other side, no matter what that side may be.

Motivates them to do what?  other than here, I don't really publicize any boycott.  I just refuse to give my $$ to a few businesses that I've carefully selected.  My wife and I are on the same page about where we don't shop, and that's about it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:If boycotts make you feel good, then fine. I refuse. All they do is motivate the other side, no matter what that side may be.

Motivates them to do what?  other than here, I don't really publicize any boycott.  I just refuse to give my $$ to a few businesses that I've carefully selected.  My wife and I are on the same page about where we don't shop, and that's about it.

How did the national boycott of Chick-fil-A work out? Throngs came out in support of them. I'm sure they don't miss the $5.00 you would have spent.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

How did the national boycott of Chick-fil-A work out? Throngs came out in support of them. I'm sure they don't miss the $5.00 you would have spent.

What happened with my boyott of Arkansas?  Throngs of vacationers?  Or my boycott of Hobby Lobby?  A bunch of new crafters?  I don't go to Chick-fil-A because my morality won't let me.   It's not for anyone else.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

What happened with my boyott of Arkansas?  Throngs of vacationers?  Or my boycott of Hobby Lobby?  A bunch of new crafters?  I don't go to Chick-fil-A because my morality won't let me.   It's not for anyone else.

It's Arkansas. No one would notice if anyone boycotted it. And if you've never been to a Chick-fil-A, you probably never noticed that they probably hire more homosexuals than any other place other than gay bars.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:32 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

It's Arkansas. No one would notice if anyone boycotted it.

Exactly.  It's for me.

And if you've never been to a Chick-fil-A, you probably never noticed that they probably hire more homosexuals than any other place other than gay bars.

"Our attorney is a jew".
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:34 am

alohafri wrote:

Well, first of all, when I like a food joint they get a hell of a lot more than $5 from me.  From the sounds of it, C-F-A is really good.  For me it's not about thinking I'll put them out of business.  Surely I will NOT put them out of business by avoiding them.  It's more of a personal belief that I'm doing something against my own morality and ethics if I give them my money.  I can't bring myself to do it.  Maybe we'll be on vacation someday and CFA will be my one and only option, or it'll be that or Jimmy John's, leaving us to choose or drive another 45 mins.  But until then I'm just doing what seems to be the right thing to do in my weird world.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 am

blondy28 wrote:

Exactly my thinking.  I'm not telling people on Facebook not to go to C-F-A or Hobby Lobby.  It's just a personal/family thing that we do.  We're not trying to convince others to follow suit.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 am

blondy28 wrote:

Exactly.  It's for me.

Doesn't the entire nation pretty much boycott Arkansas?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am

I recall you saying you refuse/avoid watching the annual awards shows on TV (Emmy/Grammy/Grampy/Oscars) for reasons similar to why we avoid CFA or Hobby Lobby.  You have issues with some of the things they do or say on those shows.  Your boycott doesn't hurt their ratings, but since they don't know about it, it doesn't empower them either.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Exactly.  It's for me.

I boycott cuz it's a red state.  I imagine everyone else does cuz...you know...the Clintons.  So yes, I think you're right.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I recall you saying you refuse/avoid watching the annual awards shows on TV (Emmy/Grammy/Grampy/Oscars) for reasons similar to why we avoid CFA or Hobby Lobby.  You have issues with some of the things they do or say on those shows.  Your boycott doesn't hurt their ratings, but since they don't know about it, it doesn't empower them either.

I don't watch them because I'm not interested. Saying that I'm boycotting them is like saying I'm boycotting Budweiser...or Playgirl Magazine.

As I said, if boycotts make you feel good, fine.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Exactly.  It's for me.

I boycott cuz it's a red state.  I imagine everyone else does cuz...you know...the Clintons.  So yes, I think you're right.

It's fucking Arkansas for cryin out loud.  That's why.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 am

alohafri wrote:

Wouldn't say they make me feel "good" so much as feel like I'm doing my duty, or doing what I'm supposed to do, such as helping a blind person cross the street, or holding a door open for an old lady.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Wouldn't say they make me feel "good" so much as feel like I'm doing my duty, or doing what I'm supposed to do, such as helping a blind person cross the street, or holding a door open for an old lady.

My wife boycotts Target. I tell her the same thing. Every year, I get a list of things from the NEA that I'm supposed to boycott. I ignore them. I'm pro-life. I see lists of places that support Planned Parenthood that I'm supposed to boycott. I ignore them too. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 am

alohafri wrote:

My wife boycotts Target. I tell her the same thing. Every year, I get a list of things from the NEA that I'm supposed to boycott. I ignore them. I'm pro-life. I see lists of places that support Planned Parenthood that I'm supposed to boycott. I ignore them too. 

Funny but I've been told to boycott Target, too.  Can't even recall why.  

So many places support PP that you'd have few places left to visit if you boycotted all of them.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 pm

Add Papa John's pizza to your boycott list - not sure if it's just a coincidence that he has hit the skids since his anti-worker, anti-healthcare voice came out, or if enough people are boycotting him. Sales for Papa Johns are way down ...of course, could be the pizza is just shit too
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

sharpy wrote:Add Papa John's pizza to your boycott list - not sure if it's just a coincidence that he has hit the skids since his anti-worker, anti-healthcare voice came out, or if enough people are boycotting him. Sales for Papa Johns are way down ...of course, could be the pizza is just shit too

Another "boycott" that just happens. Of course you don't live here anymore, but who in their right mind over the age of 13 who lives within 20 miles of Chicago would eat Papa John's? Or Domino's? Or Little Queazers?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Add Papa John's pizza to your boycott list - not sure if it's just a coincidence that he has hit the skids since his anti-worker, anti-healthcare voice came out, or if enough people are boycotting him. Sales for Papa Johns are way down ...of course, could be the pizza is just shit too

Another "boycott" that just happens. Of course you don't live here anymore, but who in their right mind over the age of 13 who lives within 20 miles of Chicago would eat Papa John's? Or Domino's? Or Little Queazers?

Yeah, no shit.  Who would ever eat Papa John's?  Drawing back on your earlier message, Kevin....I think I'd be more likely to buy Playgirl magazine than order or eat Papa John's.  I guess I'm saying dick is more appetizing than that shit!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Funny but I've been told to boycott Target, too.  Can't even recall why.  

So many places support PP that you'd have few places left to visit if you boycotted all of them.

The CEO of Target donated to some LGBTQ candidates in Minnesota.  The right is boycotting them because they support proper access to restrooms from trans folks.  I simply don't go to Target because I think it's overrated.  I'm not a fan.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:52 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yeah, no shit.  Who would ever eat Papa John's?  Drawing back on your earlier message, Kevin....I think I'd be more likely to buy Playgirl magazine than order or eat Papa John's.  I guess I'm saying dick is more appetizing than that shit!

I would never eat Papa John's...especially since the local one employed a registered sex offender as their delivery guy.  As you note, who eats that awful pizza?  Kids.  So let's go ahead and hire a child predator to deliver your pizza.

Their sales are down, in part, because of how CEO came out against the NFL players kneeling.  After it impacted his bottom line, he tried to backpedal.  He's scum.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 pm

No, don't live in Chicago anymore, but would never eat Papa Johns nor pizza hut pizza. They do have locally owned, small pizza places are that okay around here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:13 pm