Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Michael Flynn Bringing Down Trump

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Michael Flynn Bringing Down Trump Empty Michael Flynn Bringing Down Trump

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:38 am

Reports say Flynn is testifying against Trump, his family, and his administration.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Michael Flynn Bringing Down Trump Empty Re: Michael Flynn Bringing Down Trump

Post by alohafri Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:25 am

blondy28 wrote:Reports say Flynn is testifying against Trump, his family, and his administration.

Trump will sign the new Tax Law, resign, and in his resignation speech, proclaim himself the greatest leader the world has ever known.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Reports say Flynn is testifying against Trump, his family, and his administration.

Trump will sign the new Tax Law, resign, and in his resignation speech, proclaim himself the greatest leader the world has ever known.

If he resigns how will he pardon himself?

This tax scam is making me lose my shit.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:29 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

If he resigns how will he pardon himself?

This tax scam is making me lose my shit.

It's utterly amazing, Pam.  I'm not surprised that there are certain soulless sellouts, like Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, who receive so much donor money and corporate financial 
    support that they have no choice but to vote for the tax scam, but it amazes me that certain middling Repubs like Sue Collins would ever consider such a thing.  Or Murkowski.  Or Heller, who will be run out of his job on a rail.  This thing will be beaten up so badly by the CBO and the independent budget analysts that folks are going to be running around with pitchforks by the time they are voting on the combined version of this thing after the senate and house go to committee and assimilate the two bills into one.  I'm pretty surprised that there aren't three GOP senators that are like "uh, no way."  All of those years of bitching about the deficit are just tossed out the window.  It's just so laughable.  It's a huge and obvious giveaway to the rich, and taking from the poor and future generations, and there aren't three reasonable senators saying no way?  

There's a part of me that wonders if each half of congress is just voting yes and passing a bill to look like they're doing something constructive, but then they figure they'll be more discerning about the assimilated bill?  I mean, if it never passes into law, maybe they figure it's all just a futility exercise anyway.  I'm kind of figuring that perhaps the Senate is just thinking "We'll put this to the hot coals and really scrutinize this thing after it's merged into a final deal" and maybe they assume that's when they'll put up a road block if they're going to do that.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Starting to seem that way.  I've heard a number of pundits say that their insider contacts at the White House say that Trump is deeply concerned and that they think this is going to end very badly.  Notice not a tweet or a word out of him today?   Then again, Flynn might have some kind of sense of loyalty and never dish anything very good on Trump, but you know Trump isn't sleeping well right now, so it's nice to know that at the very least his stomach is probably in some knots.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Starting to seem that way.  I've heard a number of pundits say that their insider contacts at the White House say that Trump is deeply concerned and that they think this is going to end very badly.  Notice not a tweet or a word out of him today?   Then again, Flynn might have some kind of sense of loyalty and never dish anything very good on Trump, but you know Trump isn't sleeping well right now, so it's nice to know that at the very least his stomach is probably in some knots.

I hope his blood pressure rises to about 300 and he strokes out and is a vegetable for the rest of his life .....aren't I nice?  santa
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 pm

sharpy wrote:

I hope his blood pressure rises to about 300 and he strokes out and is a vegetable for the rest of his life .....aren't I nice?  santa

This from a doctor of all people.  What about the oath???
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I read that Flynn was actually given some pretty lenient treatment and that it wouldn't have been so lenient if he didn't give someone up even closer to the top.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:41 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

This from a doctor of all people.  What about the oath???

You mean the oath that says "first do no harm"?  I am following that oath. If I wasn't i'd already have bought the high powered rifle with the long range site ... affraid
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:45 am

Ain't shit gonna happen with this Russia thing. Nobody cares about it except for MSNBC and the wonks who work there. This isn't your grandad's Russia with Kruschev pounding his shoe on the podium. People have a different view of that country than they used to and nobody gives a fuck if it's somehow involved in a bit of dirty pool when it comes to politics
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 am

cream919 wrote:Ain't shit gonna happen with this Russia thing. Nobody cares about it except for MSNBC and the wonks who work there. This isn't your grandad's Russia with Kruschev pounding his shoe on the podium. People have a different view of that country than they used to and nobody gives a fuck if it's somehow involved in a bit of dirty pool when it comes to politics

I agree with you on this, Cream.  It's clear that the Trump team colluded with Russia on a few fronts to either control the Wikileaks info release, or to let them know that they'd be dumping the Russian sanctions after taking office, but I don't see there as being very clear guidance on whether this is illegal.  It'll be embarrassing for them when it's made clear that they worked with Russia, but their embarrassment will wear off in what, about five minutes?  

The only real trouble they face is for having lied to agents about it, and possibly for obstruction of justice in trying to stop the investigation from taking place.  Those are mostly slaps on the wrist in terms of jail terms, along with having some felony charges brought against them, which will suck for them, I suppose.  

Beyond that, not sure I see it amounting to very much unless Mueller has something else on the administration that we've not heard yet.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Ain't shit gonna happen with this Russia thing. Nobody cares about it except for MSNBC and the wonks who work there. This isn't your grandad's Russia with Kruschev pounding his shoe on the podium. People have a different view of that country than they used to and nobody gives a fuck if it's somehow involved in a bit of dirty pool when it comes to politics

I agree with you on this, Cream.  It's clear that the Trump team colluded with Russia on a few fronts to either control the Wikileaks info release, or to let them know that they'd be dumping the Russian sanctions after taking office, but I don't see there as being very clear guidance on whether this is illegal.  It'll be embarrassing for them when it's made clear that they worked with Russia, but their embarrassment will wear off in what, about five minutes?  

The only real trouble they face is for having lied to agents about it, and possibly for obstruction of justice in trying to stop the investigation from taking place.  Those are mostly slaps on the wrist in terms of jail terms, along with having some felony charges brought against them, which will suck for them, I suppose.  

Beyond that, not sure I see it amounting to very much unless Mueller has something else on the administration that we've not heard yet.

I would disagree on a couple of counts.  I believe that today's right doesn't care about Russia.  Frankly, I don't think today's right cares much about anything except abortion (although they hypocritically have no problem with us funding Israel's government-funded abortions), freedom of Christianity (note I didn't say freedom of "religion"), and their right to own assault weapons, but old school Republicans do view Russia in a different light.  And by "old school Republicans", I mean my mother in law.  Perhaps she's the only one who feels this way, but I do use her to gauge what the other side is thinking in the real world, and the first thing she says about Trump is that he's in cahoots with the Russians and it scares her to death.  

I also think that rhetoric, not necessary result, can do damage.  Not on one side or the other...those groups are pretty much firmly on their side's bandwagon, but the independents and swing voters...it can sway them, just as the decades of Clinton hate swayed them.  And just on a personal level, I will dance a jig if Donnie Jr. and/or Jared go to prison.  Even if it's white collar, country club prison.  I'd like to smack the smug off both their faces.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:49 pm