telefrank
Not a Fanboy

I can go along with this.

Post by telefrank on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:32 am

SoxIlliniRob
Not a Fanboy

Re: I can go along with this.

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:17 am

Agree 100%.  Overall, I'm more excited about the Sox' future than at any time in the past decade or maybe longer.  Despite the record, felt like a very successful season.
alohafri
Not a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 am

Of course, you are always going to get the dopes who see this "successful" season as an indication of contending next year. I still say 2019 is the earliest this team will contend.
SoxIlliniRob
Not a Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:10 am

alohafri wrote:Of course, you are always going to get the dopes who see this "successful" season as an indication of contending next year. I still say 2019 is the earliest this team will contend.

Same here.  I don't rule out a minor run next year.  Maybe some kind of winning streak that gets people thinking we might have a shot at winning a wild card.  And then if a few guys pan out better than expected, then maybe we DO grab a WC berth, but if we do, it'll be something like the way the Twins did it this year.

frank bonifacic
Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:27 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
alohafri wrote:Of course, you are always going to get the dopes who see this "successful" season as an indication of contending next year. I still say 2019 is the earliest this team will contend.

Same here.  I don't rule out a minor run next year.  Maybe some kind of winning streak that gets people thinking we might have a shot at winning a wild card.  And then if a few guys pan out better than expected, then maybe we DO grab a WC berth, but if we do, it'll be something like the way the Twins did it this year.
Also, kind of agree. However, the pitching that has come up has been quite good. A recovery from Rodon and another minor leaguer of the same caliber of what we've seen can make things quite interesting. However, I wouldn't give a whole lot of hope for a mostly very young staff to be able to do anything in the playoffs.
sharpy
Not a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 am

I’d settle for .500 next year 
alohafri
Not a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 am

sharpy wrote:I’d settle for .500 next year 

I'm even thinking that might be a stretch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:34 am