Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Dolly Parton

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Dolly Parton Empty Dolly Parton

Post by blondy28 Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:22 am

She's my queen.  Honestly, is there any more likeable, humble person in the music industry?  Taking herself out of consideration for the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.  Asking Tennessee's not to erect a statue of her.  I still remember when Jonathan Brandmeier used to do wake-up calls and she was as pleasant as could be, and she laughed about what a grouch Kenny Rogers was.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Dolly Parton Empty Re: Dolly Parton

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:27 pm

blondy28 wrote:She's my queen.  Honestly, is there any more likeable, humble person in the music industry?  Taking herself out of consideration for the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.  Asking Tennessee's not to erect a statue of her.  I still remember when Jonathan Brandmeier used to do wake-up calls and she was as pleasant as could be, and she laughed about what a grouch Kenny Rogers was.

Why would she take herself out of consideration for the HOF?  Can the HOF just tell her "it's not up to you" and induct her anyway?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:06 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:She's my queen.  Honestly, is there any more likeable, humble person in the music industry?  Taking herself out of consideration for the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.  Asking Tennessee's not to erect a statue of her.  I still remember when Jonathan Brandmeier used to do wake-up calls and she was as pleasant as could be, and she laughed about what a grouch Kenny Rogers was.

Why would she take herself out of consideration for the HOF?  Can the HOF just tell her "it's not up to you" and induct her anyway?

She said she doesn't want to take votes from anyone, but the nomination might motivate her to make a rock n' roll record, which she said she's always wanted to do.  Basically, her position is that she doesn't make rock n' roll music.  I know every year when this comes out, and there's some artist who arguably makes music other than rock 'n roll, that they might be a great artist, but they don't belong in the rock 'n roll hall of fame.  Dolly's the only one that I'm aware of that's taken herself out of the running.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:36 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

She said she doesn't want to take votes from anyone, but the nomination might motivate her to make a rock n' roll record, which she said she's always wanted to do.  Basically, her position is that she doesn't make rock n' roll music.  I know every year when this comes out, and there's some artist who arguably makes music other than rock 'n roll, that they might be a great artist, but they don't belong in the rock 'n roll hall of fame.  Dolly's the only one that I'm aware of that's taken herself out of the running.

So many have been inducted who were not your typical rockers, or not rockers at all.  Maybe it ought to just be the Music Hall of Fame.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:14 am

I thought that was a great thing for her to do.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:36 pm

alohafri wrote:

I thought that was a great thing for her to do.

And totally on brand.  Failed to mention that she donated royalties from Whitney Houston's cover of I Will Always Love You to an African American neighborhood in Nashville.   The HOF said that ballots had already gone out, so they would not withdraw her name.  Will be interesting to see if she will accept the honor if she gets it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:36 pm

This just popped up in my FB feed...the aforementioned wake-up call.

https://fb.watch/bS52Y1QI05/

alohafri likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:51 pm