Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Heart Transplant Patient REJECTED!

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Heart Transplant Patient REJECTED! Empty Heart Transplant Patient REJECTED!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 pm

He refused to get the COVID vaccine and they didn't see him as a good risk, so they took him off the top of the list.

Fuck him. Guess what douchebag, if you are a smoker going in for a lung transplant and you refuse to quit smoking, you are coming off the list too. Fuck you. I have no sympathy for these assholes who base their medical decisions on their political leanings. LET'S GO DARWIN.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Heart Transplant Patient REJECTED! Empty Re: Heart Transplant Patient REJECTED!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:30 pm

alohafri wrote:He refused to get the COVID vaccine and they didn't see him as a good risk, so they took him off the top of the list.

Fuck him. Guess what douchebag, if you are a smoker going in for a lung transplant and you refuse to quit smoking, you are coming off the list too. Fuck you. I have no sympathy for these assholes who base their medical decisions on their political leanings. LET'S GO DARWIN.

The smoking example is a great parallel.  I saw the interview with the guy's mother (he's 31) and she said it's not a political thing for him and that he's not anti-vax.  She said he's afraid that with his compromised system this vaccine will kill him.  Not sure I trust her story, but it's a slightly reasonable argument, but the dude is going to die of a shitty heart anyway, so get the shot.  I don't blame the medical system for not being willing to give a heart to someone who might die of Covid a month after.  I mean, you'd think he'd be super compromised during his recovery.  Wouldn't he die in very short order if he contracted the virus during his recovery?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:41 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:He refused to get the COVID vaccine and they didn't see him as a good risk, so they took him off the top of the list.

The smoking example is a great parallel.  I saw the interview with the guy's mother (he's 31) and she said it's not a political thing for him and that he's not anti-vax.  She said he's afraid that with his compromised system this vaccine will kill him.  Not sure I trust her story, but it's a slightly reasonable argument, but the dude is going to die of a shitty heart anyway, so get the shot.  I don't blame the medical system for not being willing to give a heart to someone who might die of Covid a month after.  I mean, you'd think he'd be super compromised during his recovery.  Wouldn't he die in very short order if he contracted the virus during his recovery?

If that's the case, then it's a different story. If that's the case, then damn the media for not reporting it. But my Spidey-sense is signaling Joe Rogan.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

If that's the case, then it's a different story. If that's the case, then damn the media for not reporting it. But my Spidey-sense is signaling Joe Rogan.

I have the same sense.  The media where I saw it reported it exactly as I laid it out above.  That was MSNBC, who did a feature about it.  The mom said at the end that her son will get the vaccine if they can guarantee him he won't die as a result.  Meanwhile, he's going to die as a result of the current heart in his body.  What a maroon.  Guarantee you won't die?  I can't guarantee you that if you drink a glass of water out of your sink that you won't die.  Nobody can guarantee any such thing.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:08 pm

You guys are absolutely correct. It's not like if you need a heart the team goes to Jewell, picks one out, and sticks it in. They are very limited in quantity and the receiver has to jump thru a whole bunch of hoops to get the heart - physically, mentally, and socially (have to have a support system).  So they are very picky. Plus, after you get the heart, a heart from a completely different person, your immune system thinks its a foreign body (like an infection) and attacks it and tries to get rid of it by killing it. So, you are immediately placed on very strong immune suppression medication, opening yourself up to all kinds of infection - and these meds can't be stopped. So if you get infected, your immune system has to stay suppressed, or you lose the heart. So the transplant team has no choice in this situation - he has to get the vaccine - just like I am sure he was forced to the the CHicken pox vaccine, the hepatitis vaccine, the pneumonia shot, the flu vaccine, the german measles vaccine, etc etc etc.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:21 am

sharpy wrote:You guys are absolutely correct. It's not like if you need a heart the team goes to Jewell, picks one out, and sticks it in. They are very limited in quantity and the receiver has to jump thru a whole bunch of hoops to get the heart - physically, mentally, and socially (have to have a support system).  So they are very picky. Plus, after you get the heart, a heart from a completely different person, your immune system thinks its a foreign body (like an infection) and attacks it and tries to get rid of it by killing it. So, you are immediately placed on very strong immune suppression medication, opening yourself up to all kinds of infection - and these meds can't be stopped. So if you get infected, your immune system has to stay suppressed, or you lose the heart. So the transplant team has no choice in this situation - he has to get the vaccine - just like I am sure he was forced to the the CHicken pox vaccine, the hepatitis vaccine, the pneumonia shot, the flu vaccine, the german measles vaccine, etc etc etc.

Thanks for the insight, Timmy (thought you might like a little reminder of your old pal, Kark).  Sure sounds like the vaccine requirement is absolutely NOT a political position.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:49 am

Meanwhile, the anti-vaxxer cop who was on Frau Ingraham's show a few months ago died...from COVID. If there was only some kind of steps he could have taken that could have prevented this.

Oh, he refused on religious grounds. He must have been either Dutch Reformed, Church of the First Born, Faith Assembly, or Endtime Ministries...all HUGELY popular religions.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 am

alohafri wrote:Meanwhile, the anti-vaxxer cop who was on Frau Ingraham's show a few months ago died...from COVID. If there was only some kind of steps he could have taken that could have prevented this.

Oh, he refused on religious grounds. He must have been either Dutch Reformed, Church of the First Born, Faith Assembly, or Endtime Ministries...all HUGELY popular religions.
    I believe it to be in Leviticus, chapter 3, verse 14: "and thou, faced with the fires of hell, shall doth not receive ith, thy COVID vaccine"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content